PDA

View Full Version : House tour

Conor
05-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Anyone esle think the house tour was unnesicarily long last year? I think it last almost 15 minutes! I didn't see any need for it as BB3, 5 and 6 have all had extensive house tours done in under 3 minutes. Also, last year I got bored watching the tour, flicked over, forgot about the launch and only ended up seeing the second half lol Anyone else think it should be shortened this year? I'm sure they could come up with something a bit more creative and entertaining to fill a 10 minute space :(

Matt
05-05-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm not that bothered as long as it's not excessively long. The only thing I found rather pointless last year was the camera.

MrGaryy
05-05-2008, 06:32 PM
I didn't really notice tbh, but I think thats BB6's was just the right length! I'd have prefered if they should us so sneak peakks of the hms and a VT of the audition process like they did for BB7 and other series.

_Tom_
05-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I love the house tours! They're the best part of the opening night, I think they should be extended. The tour is the bit I look most forward to.

ProjectWeirdo
05-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I love the house tours as well... gets me all excited. As long as it's not too long.

Sam!
Last years was just over 10 mins. And I liked it that long. Was fun to watch lol.

Spike
I love the house tours but last years annoyed me because of that stupid camera. I think for BB9 the house tour should just be a little shorter than last years.

Matt08
05-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I don't mind how long the house tours are, as long as they don't use that stupid camcorder thing again. It got very annoying with Davina keep waving it around everywhere.... it was probably one of shitty Rebecca de Young's ideas!

Sam!
05-05-2008, 06:39 PM
And the BB6 and BB7 house tours were just under 5 minutes. Not under three :P loool.

Conor
05-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Does anyone really see the point in it though? Theres press pics and then we'll be watching it for 3 months lol

Sam!
05-05-2008, 06:40 PM
I think theres a point to it as Davina adds her own humour to it and stuff.

Matt08
05-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Conor
Does anyone really see the point in it though? Theres press pics and then we'll be watching it for 3 months lol

Not everyone sees the press pictures you know. (I know, shock horror) lol.

Matt
05-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Conor

Having a tour gives the viewer a better idea of how everything fits together and any secrets or surprises that are or could be in store.

And like Matt08 says, there are some people that either don't get to see the pictures, or wait until launch night and be surprised.

I think the house tour would be great if it was just a tad shorter than last year.

MR.K!
05-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Matt08 it was probably one of shitty Rebecca de Young's ideas! LMAO :laugh3:

Callum
05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I love the house tours, I just hope it isn't like last year with a camcorder, and actually a decent house to look at.

liam_bigbrother
05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
In my opinion last years house tour was rubbish. Scrap that camcorder idea becuase all we could see on the telly was Davina waving it around in the air hap hazidly. It should be fast, quick and humorous, with Davina stopping and telling us weird things about the house like how the light switches work and stuff. When she gets to the diary room, someone should be in there like he house desinger and she asks him a few questions about the house.

JOSHUAH!
05-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I love the house tours!

I really would hate it if they done what BB Australia do, with a pre recorded tour or just looking at pictures on a screen.

The main reason I love the tours is that Davina always has those little comments, when shes doing a house tour you can tell shes so excited.

Tom
05-05-2008, 07:23 PM
It should be about 5 minutes. She went around the BB8 house really slow and spoke really slow. It felt really stretched out and not good. What also made me laugh as the obvious continuity error which she actually made a point of without realising.

Joelston
05-05-2008, 07:48 PM
I think the BB8 tour was so long because it was such a confusing house to tour. She needed to explain why the bath was in the lounge, why the kitchen was so awkward to live in, show the sink in the lounge, the oven in the bedroom, the fridge in the garden.. It just look a little bit extra for each area which added up in time. Also, the camcorder naturally slowed it down.

Glenn.
05-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I love the house tour!

GiGi
05-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Matt
I'm not that bothered as long as it's not excessively long. The only thing I found rather pointless last year was the camera.

Totally agree. It was really sloppy. Davina kept drawing attention to the fact that it was really really bad!!

But in fairness, the BB8 house was so topsy turvy that it must have been really hard to summarize in the same way as the other houses.

BBDodge
05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
The house tour is one tradition they should definitely keep.

misswkd
05-05-2008, 08:45 PM
i love big brother is it no in may

Conor
05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by misswkd
i love big brother is it no in may

Nope, June 5th :wink:

BIG-BRO-FAN
05-05-2008, 10:16 PM
The house tour is my favourite part of Launch Night :spin:

Bigbrotherin
05-05-2008, 10:29 PM
There's a rule in place by ofcom that says that there must be 15 minutes between each ad-break. So they need to fill that 15 minutes. Because last year was lame and was preceeded by the ofcom statement, they didn't do much of an intro prior to the house tour.

Brekkie
05-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Last years tour was really bad, with Davina filming.

That 15-min rule doesn't apply to the first or last ad break of a programme - in fact the first part can be as short as 3 minutes long.

Captain.Remy
06-05-2008, 05:00 AM
I prefer it to be long: the longer, the better...but do not take that camera anymore Davina ! You are rubbish at home movies. :bigsmile:

Raisins
06-05-2008, 05:31 AM
Last years house tour was so long because only 11 housemates (10 if you count the twins as 1) were entering. Therefore, the launch was padded out by an extra long house tour.

Normally we'd get 12+ housemates, a VT of the auditions and some more interaction with Davina. Last years launch was **** - no proper opening line from Davina, a crappy house tour and 11 females.

There wasn't even a VT showing the audition stage.

IMO, the best launch was BB7's. Fantastic opening line, flashback to previous series and audition footage, house tour and then a great selection of 14 housemates. No stupid camera in the house tour or a dragged out launch show.

Simple_Plan
06-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Raisins
Last years house tour was so long because only 11 housemates (10 if you count the twins as 1) were entering. Therefore, the launch was padded out by an extra long house tour.

Normally we'd get 12+ housemates, a VT of the auditions and some more interaction with Davina. Last years launch was **** - no proper opening line from Davina, a crappy house tour and 11 females.

IMO, the best launch was BB7's. Fantastic opening line, flashback to previous series and audition footage, house tour and then a great selection of 14 housemates. No stupid camera in the house tour or a dragged out launch show.

ha! I was just going to post something along these lines

tottally agree :)

Stu
06-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Im just going to shamelessly post in this thread to see if my new Sig and Avatar are working.

Their. Done.

MR.K!
06-05-2008, 10:57 AM
judgeing from the size of the garden this year, i think the house will be big, meaning a long house tour.

Conor
06-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Raisins

I think BB5 and BB6 both had much stronger launch nights. I think BB9 may have the best launch night yet though! :D