PDA

View Full Version : has davina really quit???

xxskyexx
06-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Just read on Digital Spy that Davina has quit Big Brother...
Can anyone shed any light on this?

MrGaryy
06-05-2008, 02:17 PM
No

xxskyexx
06-05-2008, 02:18 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother9/a95313/davina-mccall-quits-big-brother.html

A link to the article in question.

Rob
06-05-2008, 02:25 PM
i dont think she has she wont quit bb its her life

officialleafan
06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
But thats more of a reason to quit. Because people say "she won't leave, it's her life"

Although, i've not heard nothing official, so i'm unsure whether the information is true.

I hope not, as BB will really need to think about whether the next series is worth it or not. Davina makes the show.

However, i'm just waiting for another Paul O'Grady interview and her to say "they'd have to take me kicking and screaming".

GiGi
06-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by officialleafan
But thats more of a reason to quit. Because people say "she won't leave, it's her life"

Although, i've not heard nothing official, so i'm unsure whether the information is true.

I hope not, as BB will really need to think about whether the next series is worth it or not. Davina makes the show.

However, i'm just waiting for another Paul O'Grady interview and her to say "they'd have to take me kicking and screaming".

yeah same here....

btw... do you thin she will be on paul's show again this year?

adam7
06-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeh I really hope she's going to be on Paul O grady because she was on a few days before BB8 so hopefully she'll be on and we'll know for certain.

I love BB and it really is my life.
But if Davina goes I will really think about whether to watch BB9.

Matt
06-05-2008, 03:15 PM
May as well milk my video for all it's worth :tongue::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-F7vdAoR2U

Yes, the chances are Davina will be on Paul O'Grady - I'd think not long after the adverts have started.

Spike
06-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I hope she hasn't quit because Big Brother wouldn't be the same without her.

GiRTh
06-05-2008, 05:48 PM
This story is in quite a few places including the Daily mail. Does anyone think it's true? Personally, I dont think Davina can do better than Big Brother - Her chat show was a mess and her stint on radio two was laughable - so I'd be surprised if it was true.

Moses455
06-05-2008, 07:00 PM
She is a talentless nobody, who has squeezed the last drop of fame she can out
of BB. She isn't going anywhere.

officialleafan
06-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Moses455

If She was "talentless" as you say, why are the producers desperate to keep hold of her?

GiGi
06-05-2008, 07:15 PM

id love to see you present one of the most watched shows LIVE in front of millions of people...... it'd be like sadam husseins execution all over again

housem8
06-05-2008, 07:25 PM

I cant agree with that. Davina is certainly not a talentless presenter she has done extremely well for herself and there is no reason why she cant find work presenting other reality shows beyond big brother

Sod_James
06-05-2008, 07:49 PM
I hope its not. Time wil tell really.

All i can say is that if it is true i think this will be the last BB, sorta like the final nail in the coffin and BB will be dropped.

When i heard her talking about BB she seemed so passionate about it that i find it hard to believe that its true but saying that a lot can change in such a short space of time.

Billy
06-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I thinkshe has quit, she wont do it forever.

CassetteFinger
06-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Lol "she wants to become a serious actress" I do love Davina :blush:

Tom
06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
No.

BigBrother9
06-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Davina said last year on paul o grady she would never quit.

GiRTh
07-05-2008, 04:57 PM
of BB. She isn't going anywhere. I wouldn't go as far as that but I do think she needs Big Brother more than Big Brother needs her.

luvin-bb-since-no1
07-05-2008, 06:58 PM
i really hope shes not leaving shes wonderfull!

Moses455
07-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by GiGi_BB

id love to see you present one of the most watched shows LIVE in front of millions of people...... it'd be like sadam husseins execution all over again

What a stupid comment to make.

Of course I wouldn't present the show in front of millions, live. She is common and shallow, so is able to appeal to the millions of brainless watchers. The way she projects herself is so false, it makes me puke. I am far too genuine to present a TV show.

As for Saddam's execution; hardly. It would just be a more intellectual show, without the brainless, common element.

*mazedsalv**
07-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I want her to stay!! Hopefully this is not true.

Moses455
07-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by officialleafan

If She was "talentless" as you say, why are the producers desperate to keep hold of her?

Because she is going to bring in the money. The Spice Girls were talentless, the Cheeky girls were talentless, Samanda were talentless. Why do you think they were so desperately sought after? Money.

People of the common and brainless generation mistake 'popularity' for talent.

How many times have I heard this mind numbingly boring argument, that The Spice Girls must be amazing because they got to number 1 and sold millions of records? Same with Davina. She is popular, no question, but popularity does not mean talent. And she has shown none that I can see, only a wish to fit in and be noticed by the common herds.

Conor
07-05-2008, 07:18 PM

Of course I wouldn't present the show in front of millions, live. She is common and shallow, so is able to appeal to the millions of brainless watchers. The way she projects herself is so false, it makes me puke. I am far too genuine to present a TV show.

As for Saddam's execution; hardly. It would just be a more intellectual show, without the brainless, common element.

How is Big brother or any of the shows presenters brainless and fake? theyre all reallllly good at their job (specially Russell!!!) I don't know why you'd ever want to make a show for us so different? And I've saw all the series and I can say im not brainless :P

Kate..
07-05-2008, 07:21 PM
She's the best imo and it would be very strange without her, but I can see her leaving, i mean she can't really go higher than what she is so she might as well quit while she's ahead...

Moses455
07-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Conor

How is Big brother or any of the shows presenters brainless and fake? theyre all reallllly good at their job (specially Russell!!!) I don't know why you'd ever want to make a show for us so different? And I've saw all the series and I can say Im not brainless :P

I am sure you are not brainless, but you seem to get your tenses and apostrophes mixed up.

I never said that Davina was brainless, I said the watchers were, hence their constant boring and unstimulating shows. I said davina was common. Evidence: Doing Sam's interview in a bikini. Her constant staring at the camera in a over-acted, artificial way. Her false over excitement at the smallest things. Her happiness to use all the common phrases of the moment. Her appearance on the snooker two weeks ago, a pure embarrassment.

GiGi
07-05-2008, 08:01 PM

How is Big brother or any of the shows presenters brainless and fake? theyre all reallllly good at their job (specially Russell!!!) I don't know why you'd ever want to make a show for us so different? And I've saw all the series and I can say Im not brainless :P

I am sure you are not brainless, but you seem to get your tenses and apostrophes mixed up.

I never said that Davina was brainless, I said the watchers were, hence their constant boring and unstimulating shows. I said davina was common. Evidence: Doing Sam's interview in a bikini. Her constant staring at the camera in a over-acted, artificial way. Her false over excitement at the smallest things. Her happiness to use all the common phrases of the moment. Her appearance on the snooker two weeks ago, a pure embarrassment.

You obviously dont like anyone if they are attractive! You say Davina is shallow because she is a very glamorous and good-looking lady.... which is wrong...

Davina is a great presenter and can really handle a crowd. She is captivating and approachable.

As for calling people brainless.... tut tut tut.... somebody who is apparently intelligent would know that if Conor truly was " brainless" he would not be able to type or watch Big Brother or put you back in your place like he just did.

xxx
loads of love abyssinia!

Moses455
07-05-2008, 08:41 PM

You obviously dont like anyone if they are attractive! You say Davina is shallow because she is a very glamorous and good-looking lady.... which is wrong...

Davina is a great presenter and can really handle a crowd. She is captivating and approachable.

As for calling people brainless.... tut tut tut.... somebody who is apparently intelligent would know that if Conor truly was " brainless" he would not be able to type or watch Big Brother or put you back in your place like he just did.

xxx
loads of love abyssinia!

What a load of twaddle. You have decided I don't like Davina because she is attractive. Where did you get that one-dimensional idea? I dislike her for wearing a bikini, because she looked ridiculous and lowered herself to Sam's level. That is not based on how attractive she is. I find her inoffensive physically.

I hardly see how you have put me in my place, but those lacking in intelligence often think they have put people in their place, because they cannot see the true depth of an argument.

GiGi
07-05-2008, 09:56 PM
You dont even want to go and get personal about my intelligence please. thanks xxx

Glenn.
08-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Matt
May as well milk my video for all it's worth :tongue::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-F7vdAoR2U

Yes, the chances are Davina will be on Paul O'Grady - I'd think not long after the adverts have started.

Thats brilliant! Looks official:spin2:

se2n
09-05-2008, 06:19 PM
i hope it aint true she makes bb the best
'big brother house this is devina u are live on channel 4 please do not swear'
wouldnt be the same without her
and want her when i apply :) bb10 wooo