PDA

View Full Version : Borehamwood

jimmytubbs
10-05-2008, 09:42 AM
from ibb again
You’re sure of a big surprise! According to the Daily Star, which has leaked two new rumours from the Big Brother House. As with all rumours, take them with a pinch of a salt.

Can you imagine? Knowing Big Brother and how cruel they can be I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the housemates’ kids is coming in – and how embarrassing would that be for their poor mum or dad.

Executives of this series have claimed that they have “plenty of shocks” in store this year, which according to the Daily Star include a bigger hot tub and a ‘love loft’ for “randy contestants to romp in.”

However, one builder who is working to complete the entire house-revamp ordered by Channel 4 chiefs claimed that he was decorating the bedroom when ‘word of a surprise delivery’ got out.

He said: “A lorry pulled up and out came this small bed. We thought someone was pulling an April’s Fool joke on us. We had to take it into the Big Brother store room where we keep props and furniture.

“It’s got us all wondering what on Earth is going on. Either a kid is going in the house or maybe one of the contestants is very small. It’d be a first in the UK to have someone’s son or daughter on the main show.

“Or they might make one poor soul sleep in this tiny bed for the whole series – I don’t think it will be for a dwarf. If you’re stuck in something that size for 13 weeks you’ll be screaming for a good night’s sleep by the end of it.”

However, the Daily Star was not content to stop there and their rumour mill also produced another frankly bizarre story. According to the red-top paper, locals in Borehamwood have reported unusual objects in the skies recently. Rachel Clarke, 25, said: “I saw a bright light and another one joined it.” Whilst Khristian Rawlings, 24, added: “I saw these balls of fire above me.”

According to the paper, last night a BB spokesman said: “If aliens land in the Big Brother house we would welcome these visitors.”

A source added: “They’ve had some pretty odd creatures on the show in the past, such as Jade, Jonty and Nadia. Aliens would certainly not look out of place.”

The paper also claims that show executives have been watching the last season of Big Brother USA, with a view of borrowing successful ideas and twists.

Harry!
10-05-2008, 09:49 AM
That sounds great.

GiGi
10-05-2008, 09:50 AM
uhhooo. i dont like the idea of borrowing twists from usa

Cody™
10-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Surely its illegal for kids to appear on a show like this. I dont seem to believe this rumour at all.

Barbie
10-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Ermm why would a BUILDER be carrying furniture into the house... surely if they are building or painting they wont be hired to carry stuff into the store room

Hugo
10-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Posted
That sounds great.
Are you serious! Borrowing the US format!

BBDodge
10-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Sounds like it's all made up.

Harry!
10-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by tooperfect
Originally posted by Posted
That sounds great.
Are you serious! Borrowing the US format!

Let me re read it.

thisisme2008
10-05-2008, 12:56 PM
He said: “A lorry pulled up and out came this small bed. We thought someone was pulling an April’s Fool joke on us. We had to take it into the Big Brother store room where we keep props and furniture.

“It’s got us all wondering what on Earth is going on. Either a kid is going in the house or maybe one of the contestants is very small. It’d be a first in the UK to have someone’s son or daughter on the main show.

“Or they might make one poor soul sleep in this tiny bed for the whole series – I don’t think it will be for a dwarf. If you’re stuck in something that size for 13 weeks you’ll be screaming for a good night’s sleep by the end of it.”

surely the little bed is for Rima from BBAU if she comes??

xe
10-05-2008, 12:59 PM

If Rima was coming, they would not give her a small bed.

thisisme2008
10-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by xe

If Rima was coming, they would not give her a small bed.

well why not? she's a midgit isnt she?

Scarlett.
10-05-2008, 01:01 PM
They wont bring a kid in
Its immoral

xe
10-05-2008, 01:02 PM
So what? She should not be treated differently to other housemates. How would you feel if you were a midget and had to sleep in a small bed?

thisisme2008
10-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by xe
So what? She should not be treated differently to other housemates. How would you feel if you were a midget and had to sleep in a small bed?

so? it's BB they mess with people, and i'm sure from what i've heard about her she wouldn't care. and they wouldn't put a kid in, that's not fair and also illegal i think because it's agasint child labour laws or something isnt it?

xe
10-05-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm sure the british public will have something to say if they DO put rima in a small bed.. OFCOM might aswell.

thisisme2008
10-05-2008, 01:10 PM
i doubt it

xe
10-05-2008, 01:11 PM
discrimination?

thisisme2008
10-05-2008, 01:12 PM
it's not though

thisisme2008
you could say the same if a child was put in a small bed

xe
If she was put in a small bed and treated differently to other housemates because of her size.. It would be

thisisme2008
10-05-2008, 01:13 PM
yeah but then you could say the same if a child was put in a small bed - because it was younger.

xe
10-05-2008, 01:15 PM
No. Rima is an adult. She deserves an adult sized bed. If it was a young child, it would be fine..

thisisme2008
10-05-2008, 01:16 PM
no i disagree, what about the age discrimination laws?

xe
10-05-2008, 01:19 PM
if it was discrimination, they would not sell small beds :bigsmile:

thisisme2008
10-05-2008, 01:21 PM
some midgits maybe prefer to sleep in small beds.

xe
10-05-2008, 01:22 PM
I know and that's fine. But if they are forced to sleep in them just because of their size.. That's hardly fair?

GiGi
10-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by thisisme2008
no i disagree, what about the age discrimination laws?

it wouldn't be discrimination to put a child in a small bed... children sleep in smaller beds.

However... to put Rima, an adult into a child-size bed would most certainly be discrimination. It is treating her differently due to her physical traits- something which she cannot change. She is a woman... and not a gimmick to be exploited.

thisisme2008
10-05-2008, 01:24 PM
they may give her the option, which is why they have bought one, and ask her. stop being facetious you know im right :bigsmile:

xe
10-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Exactly :rolleyes:

Cody™
10-05-2008, 02:55 PM
A small person doesnt need a small bed lol, and a child will not be entering. So this is defo a lie. Unless they wanna torture a housemate by making them sleep in a small bed :conf: :laugh:

thisisme2008
10-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Ok, so i know the daily star isn't overly reliable, but this article says that the small bed would be for her:

Link (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/36464/Big-Brother-s-little-teaser)

From the Daily Star:

She will sleep in a special child-sized bed which the Daily Star exclusively revealed has already been installed as part of the new-look house.

Cody™
10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
The Daily Star have got an amazing editing team which use a excellent writing tool. Its called improvisation.