PDA

View Full Version : Will the Eye Flashes Start tomorrow?

*mazedsalv**
12-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Do you think? As the eye is being revealed at midnight, is it possible that the eye flashes will start tomorrow morning.

It will be great if it does as there will be over 3 weeks of avertising the news series.

Conor
12-05-2008, 03:23 PM
No, I think they'll start in 1 - 2 wks time.

Spike
12-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I always said they would start this Wednesday but seeing as the new series of the F Word starts tomorrow which can get 5 million and has been heavily promoted I think we will be getting an eye flash during it.

Tom
12-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Not tomorrow but definitely in the next week or so.

GiGi
12-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Its anyones game... who knows.... probably not even C4!!!

*mazedsalv**
12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Yeahh it will be so cool if they advertised on ITV and BBC1 too as they are the most watched channels.

Bigbrotherin
12-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Conor
No, I think they'll start in 1 - 2 wks time.

Conor, in 2 weeks time, it'll be 7 days to go lol.

The eye flashes will start this week, no doubt in my mind.

Matt
12-05-2008, 03:54 PM
I'd say the eye flashes will begin next Tuesday. Last year, the eye flashes began 8 days after the eye was released.

Cody™
12-05-2008, 03:54 PM
No. The eye will be mainly releasing for the press. The eye flashes wont start till 2 weeks before. Not long now though.

Bigbrotherin
12-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
Yeahh it will be so cool if they advertised on ITV and BBC1 too as they are the most watched channels.

BBC1 won't advertise it, it's not on their network and their non commercial.

ITV would be willing to, but channel 4 would have to fork out for it.

Matt
12-05-2008, 03:55 PM

It would be impossible for BB to advertise on BBC1, or any BBC channel, as they are all funded by the license fee - i.e. they don't run commercials.

Bigbrotherin
12-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Matt
I'd say the eye flashes will begin next Tuesday. Last year, the eye flashes began 8 days after the eye was released.

But last year, the eye was released on the 7th, the eye this year will be released on the 13th, not the 14th, thus that means nothing.

I reckon tomorrow or wednesday.

Glenn.
12-05-2008, 03:56 PM
ITV and BBC are rival channels. I would never happen. What C4 want to do to promote BB is have a page in every national newspaper EVERYDAY. Splash the eye over billboards across the country.

Matt
12-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Bigbrotherin

But last year, the eye was released on the 7th, the eye this year will be released on the 13th, not the 14th, thus that means nothing.

Yes, but BB began 6 days earlier last year :thumbs:

Dan_
12-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I'll just look into my crystal ball......

Spike
12-05-2008, 04:05 PM
There has been rumors of a huge advertising campaign this year which makes me thing they will start tomorrow. I think C4 would be mad not to start advertising tomorrow they have a opportunity to advertise Big Brother to nearly 5 million people they don't have many other opportunities like that. Just because there was a week between the eye release and eye flashes last year doesn't mean it will be the same this year because Big Brother does need more time to advertises to try and get the viewers back.

chrissy
12-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I thin we will be seeing eye flashes this week & House adverts next week, maybe

Barbie
12-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Would advertising earlier get more viewers though apart from making chances more likely for people to see the ad.. nearly everyone in the UK knows about BB and normally know roughly when it starts

*mazedsalv**
12-05-2008, 04:12 PM
It will be great them doing billboards of it as someone said above. It should be projected in London on the massive screen so all of London can see it lol.

We have a few large Billboard posters in the middle of town so it will be great if everywhere I go you will see it. However by doing this much advertising, dont you think it will keep viewers away and the prouders will come across quite desperate for wanting viewers.

Spike
12-05-2008, 04:14 PM
It will be great them doing billboards of it as someone said above. It should be projected in London on the massive screen so all of London can see it lol.

We have a few large Billboard posters in the middle of town so it will be great if everywhere I go you will see it. However by doing this much advertising, dont you think it will keep viewers away and the prouders will come across quite desperate for wanting viewers.

I don't think advertising can make the show look like its desperate for viewers I think that much advertising can only make the show look like the TV event of the year.

Captain.Remy
12-05-2008, 04:17 PM
I don't think so, it won't start until next week.
It's also bit stupid they didn't advertise the revealing of the eye before. It seems not much people knows it will happen tonight. Should have been a bigger advertising.

Xander
12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I would like it sometime during this week, but thats not going to happen so i expect next week at the most?

12bigbrother12
12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Last year eye flashes started on May 16th, eye was revealed on May 8th

Billy
12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Whyshould they advertise the launch of the eye? Normal people dont care what the eye is like.

GiRTh
12-05-2008, 04:43 PM
They might.

330ml
12-05-2008, 04:44 PM
The eye flashes begin on the 16th of May, first one being shown on Channel 4 between 8.14pm and 8.19pm ;)

Captain.Remy
12-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Message original : Billy21
Whyshould they advertise the launch of the eye? Normal people dont care what the eye is like.

But everything is about advertising: that's how they bring viewers. Take a look at what happened last year. I think they should have made an ad in the newspapers and stuff.

Barbie
12-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 330ml
The eye flashes begin on the 16th of May, first one being shown on Channel 4 between 8.14pm and 8.19pm ;)

wow
how do you know that so specifically??

12bigbrother12
12-05-2008, 04:48 PM
One year from now we will be waiting for BB10:cheer2:

Billy
12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Captain.Remy

But everything is about advertising: that's how they bring viewers. Take a look at what happened last year. I think they should have made an ad in the newspapers and stuff.
Yes they do make adverts in newspapers once the eye is released.

I agree a heavy promo campaign needs done for the seriesm but I think advertising the launch of the eye is silly.

Captain.Remy
12-05-2008, 04:53 PM

Yes they do make adverts in newspapers once the eye is released.

I agree a heavy promo campaign needs done for the seriesm but I think advertising the launch of the eye is silly.

But people will finally remember Big Brother is still in and still kinda a secret. I think it should have been done.

Billy
12-05-2008, 04:54 PM
People are still gonna remember Big Brother is in when they see the adverts and stuff.

Letting everyone know the eye is being revealed is pointless, as people will see it the next day on newspapers etc anyways

Conor
12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Billy21
People are still going to remember Big Brother is in when they see the adverts and stuff.

Letting everyone know the eye is being revealed is pointless, as people will see it the next day on newspapers etc anyways

I agree. Tomorrow it will be plastered all over every major UK newspaper and the C4 website.

Captain.Remy
12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
People are still going to remember Big Brother is in when they see the adverts and stuff.

Telefan made a video which shows the eye will be revealed, I think it's a great idea, they should have done it on C4 IMO. It brings something special, if you get me lol

BiggerBro
12-05-2008, 04:58 PM
I hope they do. They need a huge advertising campaign this year.

Billy
12-05-2008, 05:00 PM

Telefan made a video which shows the eye will be revealed, I think it's a great idea, they should have done it on C4 IMO. It brings something special, if you get me lol

lol i get you but why? people arent going to stay up till midnight to see a thing they can see tomorrow,n unless they are obsessed bb fans

Stu
12-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Conor
Originally posted by Billy21

I agree. Tomorrow it will be plastered all over every major UK newspaper
As a page 27 attraction down the bottom left corner.

jimmytubbs
12-05-2008, 05:05 PM
how do u know that

*mazedsalv**
12-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Are you an insider 330ml?

GiGi
12-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by jimmytubbs
how do u know that

well, i will miss it so... my graduation is on friday!

KKBL
14-05-2008, 04:28 PM

:shocked::shocked:

if your rigjht then we will know for dure your an insider

Xander
14-05-2008, 04:44 PM
So if 330ml is right, then it will be on during the deadliest catch.