rhombus92
12-05-2008, 09:24 PM
thank heavens, kind of

*mazedsalv**
12-05-2008, 09:24 PM
YAY!! :dance:

Matt
12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Well, we all knew deep down she wasn't leaving...

GiGi
12-05-2008, 09:28 PM
yeah... the whole "Davina is leaving after this series" rumor has been going around a long long long time. I think she will be there 'till the end. Also... I dont think she is the acting type... she is a kick-ass tv presenter... why bother becoming an actress? she has the best job in the Uk and Ireland!

Daniel__
12-05-2008, 09:32 PM
I didn't think she would leave..Thanks for posting :)

ChelseaFan
12-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Very good news, it wouldn't be the same without her.

GiGi
12-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by ChelseaFan

Totally agree... love your avatar btw... samanda are fabulous

Brekkie
12-05-2008, 09:38 PM
I think it's a shame. Davina has been great over the years but when it was first reported this time she was going I really hoped it was true - both for her sake and for Big Brothers.

BB9 suddenly feels less important now it's not Davina's last, and the future of the show less secure.

Getting in a new host for BB10, ahead of the due renewal of the contract after BB11, makes alot of sense to me, showing they are looking to the future for the show, rather than trying to sell it on it's past.

And for Davina too in the last couple of years Big Brother has been a huge hindrance to her career - and she can't reinvent herself while she's still doing it.

Tom
12-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Brekkie
I think it's a shame. Davina has been great over the years but when it was first reported this time she was going I really hoped it was true - both for her sake and for Big Brothers.

BB9 suddenly feels less important now it's not Davina's last, and the future of the show less secure.

Getting in a new host for BB10, ahead of the due renewal of the contract after BB11, makes alot of sense to me, showing they are looking to the future for the show, rather than trying to sell it on it's past.

And for Davina too in the last couple of years Big Brother has been a huge hindrance to her career - and she can't reinvent herself while she's still doing it.

I sort of agree, but only if she got a half decent replacement. If she did quit the main show, I'd still like her to be associated with Big Brother in some way, perhaps presenting Celebrity Big Brother or continuing with On The Couch.

BigBrotherfan4ever
12-05-2008, 09:42 PM
I knew Davina wouldn't leave BB

BIG-BRO-FAN
12-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Davina is a legend! You gotta love her!

Wozzy
12-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Yes:banana:

Daniel__
12-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by BIG-BRO-FAN

Yep she is.I love her to bits.BB wouldn't be the same without her i think i would actually end up turning it off.

ChelseaFan
12-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by GiGi
Originally posted by ChelseaFan

Totally agree... love your avatar btw... samanda are fabulous

BIG-BRO-FAN
12-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_B!tch
Originally posted by BIG-BRO-FAN

Yep she is.I love her to bits.BB wouldn't be the same without her i think i would actually end up turning it off.

Same.I agree. :thumbs:

Rory
12-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I doubted that she was leaving. Why would she change her opinion on hosting BB if it was so strong?

Brekkie
12-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I sort of agree, but only if she got a half decent replacement. If she did quit the main show, I'd still like her to be associated with Big Brother in some way, perhaps presenting Celebrity Big Brother or continuing with On The Couch.

Yep, the replacement has to be good - and most importantly IMO, different. I wouldn't want an inferior Davina clone.

And I think she'd need to cut her ties completely, both for her sake and for her replacements.

Someone said Davina "till the end", and if the show was to end after BB11 I'd agree. But I don't want it to end then, and I still believe if it's treated properly it can continue a good few years beyond that, but to do so it needs to move on and a new host is key.

And being completely ageist about it, when the show started the housemates were all of Davina's generation - but now she's hit the big 4-0, it's getting to the stage where she's old enough to be several housemates' mothers - and I don't think that generation gap can work for much longer.

Blink_Me
12-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Yay?

Rory
12-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Blink_Me
Yay?
Indeed. Yay.

BIG-BRO-FAN
12-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I think Davina will be really good and excited this time, seeing as she wasn't around for BBCH

Captain.Remy
13-05-2008, 05:01 AM
She was not leaving at all so it does not surprise me lol
I do remember her interview last year when she said she would leave only if the producers kick her out...and it's not going to happen. So Davina will not leave on purpose. I think I made it clear lol

Barbie
13-05-2008, 05:28 AM
i knew she wasn't!! after she said they would have 2 remove her before she left i knew this was to much of a turnaround

Spike
13-05-2008, 05:35 AM
:cheer: So gad she is staying, it wouldn't be the same without her.