PDA

View Full Version : New Big Brother Eye Logo Unveiled

Mrluvaluva
13-05-2008, 09:05 AM
The new Big Brother logo - a shattered eye - has been unveiled ahead of the latest series of the reality TV show.

The controversial Channel 4 programme, where cameras follow a group of housemates cut off from the outside world, returns for its ninth run this summer.

Davina McCall will host the show when it resumes in June, despite reports that the channel was considering dropping the series for a year.

Speaking at the premiere of the new Sex And The City film, the presenter denied that she would leave Big Brother after this summer.

"I'm not leaving Big Brother, they would have to kill me before I'd stop doing it," she said.

Of the new series, she added: "We're going to be much tougher with rules this year."

Last year's winner was Brian Belo, who beat the bookmakers' favourites, twins Sam and Amanda Marchant.

But the summer show failed to get off the ground and viewing figures plummeted.

Channel 4 bosses already cancelled spin-off show Celebrity Big Brother in the wake of racism and bullying rows.

This year, it screened Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack, in its place, but the new format, screened on digital channel E4, only attracted an average 600,000 viewers.

A Big Brother spokeswoman said they had always planned to bring back the show in the summer.

Original article here (http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91248-1315806,00.html)