PDA

View Full Version : bb9 eye is too simple

Fraser:)
13-05-2008, 10:58 PM
does anyone else think the bb9 eye is way too simple. It would have been good as a bb3 or bb4 eye but since we arre used to the amazing eyes of recent times isnt it a bit rubbish? Since a potential eye was leaked before the real was revelaed (see thread named "CJK claims this is the eye!", do u think dan eatock made this one in the last hour or so really quickly?

your thoughts please :D

Matt
13-05-2008, 11:01 PM
No, I don't think it's simple.

It's not simple really - there's a lot more to it. It's very unique to begin with - it doesn't use the boundaries of the usual template. It's not just another patterned eye - and the colours, shattered effect etc. all hint towards the theme of this series.

Granted, the eye is dominated by one colour - but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Grazoink
13-05-2008, 11:04 PM
No If it was loads of diff colours it will look stupid..
Look they have already distorted it form the usualy shape i think its GREAT

Fraser:)
13-05-2008, 11:11 PM
ye ive changed my mind i l itove it. It just seems to be like marmite- u luv it or .hate it. I cant make my mind up - one min i love it due to it straying from the original template and hinting towards the theme, the next i think its too simple :S i think it will grow on me though.

Do u think Daniel Eaotck will release the other 2 potential eyes??

Glenn.
13-05-2008, 11:34 PM
When you actually look at the eye, it is very wel made. Its got style and uniqueness(<<<<Made it up:hugesmile:)
I think this is probably the best eye yet.
Theres so much mystery in it:spin:

Daniel__
13-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by GlennDines123
When you actually look at the eye, it is very wel made. Its got style and uniqueness(<<<<Made it up:hugesmile:)
I think this is probably the best eye yet.
Theres so much mystery in it:spin:

I agree, I think its one of the best BB eye's like GlennDines123 said it got style and it is unique

Conzors
13-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Yes.

Simple as Einstiens Thingies Me Bobs.

MrGaryy
14-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Fraser:)
ye ive changed my mind i l itove it. It just seems to be like marmite- u luv it or .hate it. I cant make my mind up - one min i love it due to it straying from the original template and hinting towards the theme, the next i think its too simple :S i think it will grow on me though.

There's a chance he might. He released an eye for CBB4 that never used.

bigbrotherbest99
14-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by thebiggerbrother

whr can i fnd the eye that was never used for CBB4

and btw is it danile who piks the eye or the bb team?

Scarlett.
14-05-2008, 12:18 AM
It looks simple now, but I bet in the adverts and titles it will look busy!

Matt
14-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by bigbrotherbest99

Proposed CBB4 eye:

http://eatock.com/media/celeb_bb_2006/celeb_bb_2006_alt.gif

The BB team will ultimately pick the eye - they're not going to use a logo they don't like.

Tom4784
14-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Simpleness is effective with logos, if a logo is vivid and colourful and busy it makes it less appealing. Less is more.

Captain.Remy
14-05-2008, 05:08 AM
The BB8 eye was too simple. Daniel Eatock worked a lok on that eye, you can clearly see it. Good job.

Barbie
14-05-2008, 05:43 AM
if you ask me this one and BB6, BB5 was more technical than the others as the others were just patterns on an eye.. as good as they were its still more simple than this one.
bb8 was the eye divided up and diferent colours put on it
bb7 was a spiral put on it
bb4 was just that colour wheel type thing

jimmytubbs
14-05-2008, 07:18 AM
I dont think that the bb9 eye is too simple Daniel Eatock must of worked quite hard on the shattered effect

ProjectWeirdo
14-05-2008, 09:05 AM
I don't think this eye is simple at all... actually, I think its the deepest eye yet, because it has a meaning (or at least, that's what we suspect).

Personally, I think it's a great eye... very different and unique, if not one of the best so far. I do think it would have looked better with white and red instead of black and red, as some people have in their siggy's. But that's my only criticism. XD I'm really happy with it!!

Tom
14-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Less is more. If there were more colours then the red wouldn't be as striking and effective.

Last year the BB8 looked very simple (and quite frankly horrific) when it was just a static eye but it looked brilliant in the adverts. Whos to say the same won't happen again?

pete_bennet
14-05-2008, 09:32 AM
that is not even a dan eatock eye as i have checked his site that he displays his finished and publised eyes and it is not there

so this might be a red herring maybe that is what this series is about

Tom
14-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by pete_bennet
that is not even a dan eatock eye as i have checked his site that he displays his finished and publised eyes and it is not there

Or maybe he hasn't got round to uploading it yet.

pete_bennet
14-05-2008, 09:40 AM
he usually has it up when it is released it was last year

pete_bennet
14-05-2008, 09:41 AM
i think they are trying to get us to believe that this is the eye so that they can release the new one sooner to the time

Matt
14-05-2008, 10:13 AM

Yes it is. He always takes a while to upload the eye to his site as far as I know.

GiGi
14-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Matt

Yes it is. He always takes a while to upload the eye to his site as far as I know.

He is probably worn out after creating this magnificent beast of an eye...

I doubt they would pay to have two eyes made. What would be the point in having a red herring eye?!!

Especially seen as this one is so divine... they would be crazy to change it!!

Matt
14-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by GiGi

I doubt they would pay to have two eyes made. What would be the point in having a red herring eye?!!

Bosses are paying Daniel to create the logo which will represent the show for the next year - the producers will not go with a logo they don't like. As such it may require several drafts or ideas for the producers to get a logo they like.

Benji
14-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I dont think that the BB9 eye is simple - i think its different, if this eye was too complicated, we would not like it, so you basically cant win.

You either love it or Hate it. AND I LOVE IT.

Its very different, quirky and funky with Attitude.

Cody™
14-05-2008, 03:13 PM
I love it! My fav eye yet!

Benji
14-05-2008, 03:16 PM
yeah, i have to say its one of my favorite eyes!

Wozzy
14-05-2008, 05:09 PM
I can't wait to see what it looks like on the front of the door to the new house, and in the promotion work.

This IS my favourite eye. Twisted, different, striking, simple yet effective. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :colour: :spin2:

Matt
14-05-2008, 05:16 PM
The BB9 eye is now up on his site:

http://eatock.com/project/big-brother-9-logo/

MrGaryy
14-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by bigbrotherbest99
Originally posted by thebiggerbrother

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii62/thebiggerbrother/celeb_bb_2006_alt.gif