PDA

View Full Version : What makes a good series for you....?

Mike
15-05-2008, 01:15 PM
The question is in the title, what makes a good BB series for you and what do you want to see from BB9 this summer? what will keep you personally glued to your tv screen?

BBDodge
15-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Great housemates and good tasks.

My favourite winning would be a bonus.

BigBrotherfan4ever
15-05-2008, 01:23 PM
It's has to be good housemates & great tasks

Billy
15-05-2008, 01:25 PM
My favourite makingit past week one.

Barbie
15-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Billy21
My favourite makingit past week one.

LOL! have they not in the past then

Ok for me i love great housemates, laughter, hilarious arguments, evil twists, Tasks that have you in hysterics

i am also so interested in interior design and the houses stun me so if a good house is made then im soo happy because i stare at all the things in the house and think WOW!

if i had the money i would buy land and build my own BB house to live in...!!! i would pick my favourite or do a mish mash of different rooms in the different houses

Tom
15-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Good tasks, good arguments, good twists, good housemates, good house.

Brekkie
15-05-2008, 02:13 PM
The format is key, especially how it ticks over between the headline grabbing twists. And I agree the tasks are very important - they are the bread and butter of the show and if the tasks are weak, the series is weak.

I've never been a believer in it being all about the housemates - you can have the greatest collection of housemates ever, but if the format is weak, the show will be weak. (Think of it like a movie - just because it's an A-list cast doesn't mean it'll be great if the storyline and script is weak).

However, if the format is great it's fairly irrelevant who the housemates are. The format should stand out on paper and in theory work with anyone - though of course there is no denying that certain types of housemates will react to it better (or worse) than others.

rhombus92
15-05-2008, 02:26 PM
a great series for me consists of alot of surprises. recently the twists have been predictable. i have been looking at past house tours and some of them are great compared to series 8's so a amazing house is always neccessary. decent housemates are always needed, and great tasks that push them to the limit would be great.

personally i love evil big brother, so i would like a return of that, but even more evil. i also love the house divide so that would be great if it returned.

i think big brother tries too hard to see everything the housemates do, so maybe just a more run of the mill series. make it a slow burner, rather than always intruding. constant twists are very boring, so make them big and rare, that than cack but often

Dan_
15-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Basically you need a great variety of housemates to provide lots of laughs but also meaningful arguments.Interesting tasks with the variation consisting of physical,intelligence,comedy and team work.It would be great to have an element of unpredictability in terms of twists and the evictions.Far too many evictions have been forgone conclusions and twists already known beforehand.

A set theme that will carry on right through the series is also key.I think evil bb works best, you cannot just let the housemates ease their way through the series without being seriously tested.The competitive edge also needs to be there between housemates.

*mazedsalv**
15-05-2008, 05:04 PM
I agree with lots of opinions on here especially rhombus92.

GiRTh
15-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Nice to see you back Mike. The forum is always better when Mikes around.:thumbs:

Good HM's for me. I like just the right amount of conflict that it's not charley-esque but it is gripping to watch. I like good tasks that easier to fail than pass but the thing I like most about BB is the group dynamics. I like to see a split house then observe who ends up in each clique.

Dan_
15-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by GiRTh
Nice to see you back Mike. The forum is always better when Mikes around.:thumbs:

Good HM's for me. I like just the right amount of conflict that it's not charley-esque but it is gripping to watch. I like good tasks that easier to fail than pass but the thing I like most about BB is the group dynamics. I like to see a split house then observe who ends up in each clique.

Good about the clique's:thumbs:.That's why need a variety of housemates,if they are all of the same ilk then we are most likely just going to have very little conflict.BB5 had such diverse characters and that led to the splits in the group and great feuds.

It would be nice to have a few more intelligent housemates to make for more meaningful arguments than just over a hairdryer for instance.

Nicola
15-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I would say a mixture of housemates and characters - ideally the boring ones will be evicted first and the ones that make it to the finals are those who have a strong character and are adored by the public.

Newcomers should come about 3 or 4 weeks after the start, rather than close to the end.

No "obvious" winner - keep the public guessing and have a few candidates in the running.

Good twists, not ones that will fall flat on their faces or be easily guessed by housemates (e.g. Carole).

Competition and gameplaying between housemates - should stir things up a bit!

Plenty of drama and tension - arguments should add to the drama and not irritate people.

GiRTh
15-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Dan_
It would be nice to have a few more intelligent housemates to make for more meaningful arguments than just over a hairdryer for instance. Totally agree Dan. We need HM's who have actually got something to say

*mazedsalv**
15-05-2008, 05:22 PM
It would be nice to have a few more intelligent housemates to make for more meaningful arguments than just over a hairdryer for instance. Totally agree Dan. We need HM's who have actually got something to say

Aww but the Chanelle Straightners Argument was fun to watch.:bigsmile:

Spike
15-05-2008, 05:30 PM
A good series for me must make me laugh. Also controversy, shocking twists, funny tasks and entertaining housemates sounds a bit like BB5 lol.

GiRTh
15-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**

Aww but the Chanelle Straightners Argument was fun to watch.:bigsmile: LOL

'I cant help it if I've got a natural curl to my hair'

ProjectWeirdo
15-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**

Aww but the Chanelle Straightners Argument was fun to watch.:bigsmile: LOL

'I cant help it if I've got a natural curl to my hair'

Lmfao, that was so funny. Stupid, but funny. :L

For me, I like unique twists that the housemates can't guess what's going on... and of course, awesome, new tasks.

And I like unpredictable evictions... for the past few Big Brothers, it's been obvious who's gonna win from the start (Pete and Brian, for example). I like the rest of the series to actually remain a mystery, and to feel at risk, if you know what I mean. :P

BarnetFC
15-05-2008, 06:20 PM
i want a great house, great hms, great twists (unpredictable ones), great arguments and great tasks - just like everyone else then

BigSister
15-05-2008, 07:05 PM
lol billy that made me laugh
I want a good mix of housemates not ones that are too similar and a good mix of ages. i also want newcomers coming in during the beginning like nicola said not just at the end. I want good tasks, not easily guessing the winner, not many messing around with the nominations and punishing housemates who need to be punished and not rewarding them. A few arguments but not ones that are 24/7 all the time