PDA

View Full Version : should they axe the sunday show?

Bigbrotherin
15-05-2008, 03:49 PM
it makes no sense having just 1 day of the week with no highlights imo. they could just not give them anything to do at weekends and put the weekend highlights in the monday show.

thisisme2008
15-05-2008, 03:53 PM
no sunday needs to be brought back. sunday nights were good, better than big brother on the couch.

mkdfan
15-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I say keep it on everynight, it used to drive me mad when they would edit it down to a crisp.
It would come on and it would say "_____ has just been evicted and left the house 36 minutes ago" I mean I like to see their reaction to the eviction and the housemates reactions to the boos/cheers.

Matt
15-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by thisisme2008
no sunday needs to be brought back.

Sunday highlights never left.

If anything, they should bring back Saturday night highlights. Eff ratings - squashing two days of highlights into one hour doesn't work.

*mazedsalv**
15-05-2008, 04:00 PM
I love the Sunday Show. Normally there nothing at all on the TV on Sundays. I just listen to the radio all day.

GiRTh
15-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I agree with Matt. They should have a Saturday and Sunday show. Having two nights highlight together is a little silly.

The on the couch show doesn't quite work but I do like the pychological element of BB. After all, if it had not been for On the couch we'd have never found out how manipulative Chanelle was.

AlexBigBrother
15-05-2008, 04:11 PM
NO!
i want more big brother, not less!

Captain.Remy
15-05-2008, 04:14 PM
The saturday night was already axed, they should not get rid of the sunday one. I hope the saturday one will be back.

Brekkie
15-05-2008, 04:24 PM
The initial argument makes no sense at all.

Sunday should stay, but I hope the Saturday show remains axed as IMO it's much better to pick up from after the eviction in the Sunday show than to sit through half an hour waiting for the eviction you've already watched on a Saturday.

Brief highlights from earlier on Friday can then be incorporated either in the eviction show itself or in a Saturday omnibus show, which I'd put out on E4 at 9pm in place of DR Uncut, and repeat it later on C4 and the next day on T4.

JOSHUAH!
15-05-2008, 04:57 PM
I want Saturday's to be back. But it needs to be a stronger show - not just highlights. Maybe a live task, with someone like Zeze hosting it. If not, incorporate some of the phsycological aspect on goings on - narration by Judy maybe?

Something which could make it stronger instead of Channel 4 just getting rid of the programme because it can't compete in the ratings.

Dan_
15-05-2008, 05:26 PM
We have a lot squeezed into the Sunday show, taking that out and trying to put even more into Monday's show would be a disaster for me.We could do with bringing back the Saturday show to see more of the housemates.

Christina
15-05-2008, 05:38 PM
I think they should have a sunday show because sunday night tv is boring x

Spike
15-05-2008, 05:46 PM
I like the Sunday shows because there is never anything on TV on a Sunday. I don't want to see the Saturday highlights back though its nice to have a day off from Big Brother and nothing really happens on a Friday.

Barbie
15-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Bring back saturday i think... i hate saturday and sunday TV its always gameshows and dancing competitions now! and then the odd good thing!

Tom
15-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Matt
Originally posted by thisisme2008
no sunday needs to be brought back.

Sunday highlights never left.

If anything, they should bring back Saturday night highlights. Eff ratings - squashing two days of highlights into one hour doesn't work.

Or shove them on E4 instead. Hijack pulled in respectable figures, theres no reason why BB9 Saturday ratings couldn't do similar.

BarnetFC
15-05-2008, 06:24 PM
definitely keep sunday show and big brother on the couch and add in a saturday show - otherwise they would need to do a two hour highlights show every sunday night which would be ridiculous lol:spin2:

BigSister
15-05-2008, 07:02 PM
i want the sunday show back as its quite weird when theres no BB on a sunday and also theres usually quite a lot on a saturday night and not so much on a sunday night to watch

rhombus92
15-05-2008, 08:44 PM
i like BB on a sunday, they shud bring it back! the only thing on sunday is lost and gladiators!!!

Scarlett.
15-05-2008, 08:46 PM
I want BB on Saturday!!!:dance:

Cody™
16-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Bring back Saturdays and keep Sundays!

BigBrotherfan4ever
16-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Cody™
Bring back Saturdays and keep Sundays! Totally agee with you Cody:thumbs:

liam_bigbrother
16-05-2008, 05:50 PM
this is how i would like the shows: (incl. sunday)

Monday - Thursday
Highlights: 9:00 - 10:00

Friday
Highlights show: 8:00 - 9:00
Eviction Show: 9:30 - 10:00

Saturday
Saturday Night Task Live: 8:00 - 9:00

Sunday
(NEW) The Big Brother Weekend: 7:00 - 8:30

A new show hosted by Davina, showing highlights from the weekend, interviews with different people on the latest eviction and what has been going on over the weekend in the house, however it will mainly be the highlights for the first hour, then interviews. Basically, a better and re-worked version of On The Couch.

BritneyMajorFan
16-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by liam_bigbrother

Monday - Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

A new show hosted by Davina, showing highlights from the weekend, interviews with different people on the latest eviction and what has been going on over the weekend in the house, however it will mainly be the highlights for the first hour, then interviews. Basically, a better and re-worked version of On The Couch.

I Like It! :)

liam_bigbrother
16-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by BritneyMajorFan
Originally posted by liam_bigbrother

Monday - Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

I Like It! :)

thanks

x_mel_x
16-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Is BB on the couch coming back?

liam_bigbrother
16-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by x_mel_x
Is BB on the couch coming back?

god, i hope not. sorry, i just thought it was crap. Heres what the producers must have thought.

Oh! We need to create a new spin-off? ....

[sigh] i can't be bovvered to think of anything orgininal so lets just shove davina on, get her to read the highlights that have already been shown throught the week, and do 2 crappy interviews. Just ask a few pointless questions and we have a brand new show. Nobody will notice the unorignality. (That's what they thought)

Its all part of the fact that BB8 was the worst series ever.

Brekkie
16-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Spike
I like the Sunday shows because there is never anything on TV on a Sunday. I don't want to see the Saturday highlights back though its nice to have a day off from Big Brother and nothing really happens on a Friday.

Exactly - a 7-day a week commitment for three months is too much, both for viewers and for C4. They need a night off from BB too.

Hopefully Diary Room Uncut too will be like Hijack and just once a week on the Saturday. I loved the show in BB7 but didn't bother last year as both Sat and Sun was too much - especially on Sundays where you had the main show, On the Couch and BBLB as well.

If they absolutely wanted a Saturday show, as someone suggested it be best to bring back the live task and have a highlights segment incorporated into it - but brief highlights, not like eviction night where it's just a regular highlights show with a bit tagged on the end.

bananarama
17-05-2008, 01:59 PM
BB should be on every day of the week. Missing a night is like ripping a page out of a book and then expect to keep up with the plot. Cramming two days happening into one highlight show does not work as does not a missing page.

Saturday is particularly important as it follows the important drama that happens on a Friday.......With no saturday update interesting housemate reaction cannot be shown for lack of time....

One thing they should axe are those idiotic psycholgists who know as much about human nature as a squashed ant under a foot of snow with a cherry on the top.

On the couch must go go go.......

Brekkie
17-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Anything of real interest on a Friday happens after the eviction anyway, and there is more than enough time for that to be incorporated into the Sunday show.

I hope also the weeknight shows are cut back to 50 minutes. An hour is fine when they're action packed, but most nights they're not and it's better to have a shorter, sharper, show than one that just drags on.

bananarama
17-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Brekkie
Anything of real interest on a Friday happens after the eviction anyway, and there is more than enough time for that to be incorporated into the Sunday show.

I hope also the weeknight shows are cut back to 50 minutes. An hour is fine when they're action packed, but most nights they're not and it's better to have a shorter, sharper, show than one that just drags on.

A 1 hour show is not 1 hour after adverts are removed. In fact it is about 47 min. To cut it back to 50 min would be pointless as you would then have little more than a thirty minute update.

An awfull amount of viewable material is lost due to tight time schedule editing even on a quiet day. Cutting back viewing time would be ridiculous...(Short highlight shows is what spoilt ealier editions of BB). There is not enough time in the sunday highlight show to show the missing days events.....Like I said if you remove pages from a book you might as well not read the blessed thing in the first place.....

Brekkie
17-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Cutting back to 50 minutes would mean the show is around 40 minutes long, which is plenty.

Seeing as much as possible isn't as good in practice as it is in theory - it's better to have a shorter show packed with quality footage rather than a longer one with alot of padding out.

And losing 7 minutes of action would be a price worth paying for that.

Tom
17-05-2008, 03:53 PM
A one hour show is on average 46 minutes long, and a half hour show ranges from 21-22 minutes long.

I think Big Brother should to back to the 10.00pm-10.50pm slot with extended coverage when its needed. It used to feel special and like something had happened when it was extended to 11.05pm :spin2:

If they are that keen to keep it off Channel 4 then they should have a show under a different name on a Saturday on E4, maybe a live task or something with highlights incorporated, then we get a full day of highlights on a Saturday night and it can't be added into the ratings averages so they can't be dragged down.

No Saturday highlights defeats the object of being observed 24/7.

Shaun
17-05-2008, 03:55 PM
I agree with Tom_, and it should be 7 days a week.

*mazedsalv**
17-05-2008, 03:57 PM
The problem is the saturdays, when ratings are calculated it seems that with a saturday show, it brings down the average of the series by about 500,000 viewers.

Almost all saturday shows have slipped underneath 3.3 million viewers.

bananarama
17-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Brekkie
Cutting back to 50 minutes would mean the show is around 40 minutes long, which is plenty.

Seeing as much as possible isn't as good in practice as it is in theory - it's better to have a shorter show packed with quality footage rather than a longer one with alot of padding out.

And losing 7 minutes of action would be a price worth paying for that.

Have to agree to disagree....:bigsmile:

Shaun
17-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
The problem is the saturdays, when ratings are calculated it seems that with a saturday show, it brings down the average of the series by about 500,000 viewers.

Almost all saturday shows have slipped underneath 3.3 million viewers.

That still means 3.3 million happy fans, who know what's happening.