PDA

View Full Version : What Qualities Does A Potential Female Winner Need?

*mazedsalv**
15-05-2008, 04:28 PM
I really would love a female winner this year, buit they need to be Kate material. Its really hard to find a female winner because they need a combination of qualities.

In my opinion, they need to be entertaining(obviously), not throw tantrums, have a great sense of humour, kind,someone average looking, loving and not bitchy. But to find someone like this is very rare in my opinion, even in male HMs. Emilia from BBCH had all of these qualities evven though people may argue about the bitchy part but I think if you tell someone you dont like them to their face (eg. Emilia to Latoya) it doesnt make you bitchy.

Anyway what qualities do you think a female winner has to have?

Billy
15-05-2008, 04:31 PM
sorry but LMFAO at not bitchy and Emilia in the same sentence.

But, I tihnk they have to be likeable, but we wont get one, Samanda was our best chance.

GiRTh
15-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Good topic.:thumbs:

It's an impossible question to answer. I thought Amy (BB:CH) had all the qualities but she failed to win. Samanda too. The way female viewers vote it has made it virtually impossible for a female to win. I hope I'm proved wrong but Idont see a female winning BB anytime in the forseable future.

Brekkie
15-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Perhaps a hidden, male, past is the key?

Seriously though I think they have to be there for the experience, not the magazine deals, which has been the problem the last couple of years.

Amy was popular in Hijack (and robbed) as she was 100% confident in who she was and didn't seem to be trying to get anything out of it.

Cody™
15-05-2008, 04:39 PM
It falls down to the major audience that watch BB and it is females. Females like to vote for men. Esp in the last 3 season; Anthony, Pete and Brian. I dont think any of them deserved to win.

For a women to win, i think the men have to be bad housemates.

I do hope we have a female winner this year after so long though.

Lauren
15-05-2008, 04:40 PM
She needs to be likeable by females.

This means no outrageous flirting or wearing skimpy clothes for male attention (which most women do anyway, so yeah!). So once she's likeable, she needs to also be entertaining - controversial but a peacemaker. Involved in the "big stories" etc.

*mazedsalv**
15-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Samanda, Amy and even Emilia had the best chances, despite Emilia given exceptionally bad edits, but people saw through that and voted her to win because I watched her live and she was completely difefrent to the person that she was being portrayed as in the HLs. Also in the night before the final, Anthony started arguing with Emilia. But in the HLs they just showed it to the point where she was arguing with him.

Amy went in and i was expecting someone posh and stuck up but I was so wrong. She never bitched about anyone, if she had a problem she would say it and if other Housemates were slagging off someone else when they weren't around, Amy was always there to defend the other person.

That is what i call a winner in my eyes.

Dan_
15-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I think the female housemates has been fairly bad in recent years and what lets most of them down is either been too dull or just too bitchy.

Samanda were nice and bubbly but had very little else beyond that.

They need to be someone else other girls can relate to.I think Amy on celeb hijack came close to what was required to do well but perhaps being a conceptual artist went against her as some found her a bit odd and maybe stuck up.If you found someone intelligent, down to earth and entertaining with just your average job and interests then you might be onto a winner.

Billy
15-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Amy deserved to win so much, and I think, had it bene a normal series on Channel 4, she would have.

GiRTh
15-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Everybody's making good points.

I agree that the female HM's have been rubbish recently but I get a bit stuck in trying to put my finger on what a female HM's needs to be like to appeal to men and women. A beautiful girl will never get the female vote. So she would have to be relatively plain , but if she's plain she's unlikely to get into the house. If she's bubbly the girls wont like her but if she's dull then again, she wont get into the house.

It's a tricky one.

*mazedsalv**
15-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Exactly. But dont forget that both Emilia and Amy's percentage was so close to winning that they could have won if John didn't have immunity throughout the entire series. Its great to see a woman win again as it will be a change.

Billy
15-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Thing is, Emilia wouldnt have won in a normal series becauseshe won because of that mass vote on DS, and they wouldnt have done that if it was on channel 4.

*mazedsalv**
15-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Billy21
Thing is, Emilia wouldnt have won in a normal series becauseshe won because of that mass vote on DS, and they wouldnt have done that if it was on channel 4.

Yeahh it was DS and Channel 4 Forums that banded together to vote for both Amy and Emilia to win.I also know lots of female friends that voted Emilia to win. Also if on Channel 4, Victor would have been out in the first week.

Dan_
15-05-2008, 05:07 PM
I agree with Billy.The smaller voting numbers allowed for Emilia to do so well, in the normal series I'm convinced that she would have been evicted quite early into the series.

She was shown to be quite bitchy at times and we know full well that in the main series that doesn't go down well with the female voters.

GiRTh
15-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Agreed. Emilia would not have got very far in a normal series. For that reason the whole result of hijack is a bit invalid. I dont think John would have won a normal series either.

*mazedsalv**
15-05-2008, 05:11 PM
If BBCH was on Channel 4 I think that Amy, Jeremy or Nathan would of won.

Fat.Rat
15-05-2008, 05:15 PM
god we've only ever had one female winner!!!

*mazedsalv**
15-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Fat.Rat.Sneez
god we've only ever had one female winner!!!

Yeahh.. If you dont count Nadia or Celebrity Big Brother.

GiRTh
15-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
If BBCH was on Channel 4 I think that Amy, Jeremy or Nathan would of won. I think the Anthony would have won.

Joelston
15-05-2008, 05:28 PM
a penis?

AlexBigBrother
15-05-2008, 05:29 PM
A NICE ASS:laugh:

BarnetFC
15-05-2008, 06:17 PM
a female winner is long overdue (since bb5 Nadia) but i don't think we will in the next few years unless people like Amy from celeb hijack are going to be in the main series

Barbie
15-05-2008, 06:19 PM
They have a tough job..

KKBL
15-05-2008, 06:24 PM
IMO Amy wouldnt of one.why?1)the female voters didnt like her because shes hot and because Jeremy,Nathan & Victor fancied her.2)for the rest of the voters Emilia was more entertaining.

GiRTh
16-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Its going to be interesting to see what the female HM's are like.

liam_bigbrother
16-05-2008, 09:24 PM
just take a look at Kate and Nadia, whatever they have in common must make good qualities

*mazedsalv**
16-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by liam_bigbrother
just take a look at Kate and Nadia, whatever they have in common must make good qualities

Yepp I agree, but will they find someone like that this year? Only time will tell... :bigsmile:

rhombus92
16-05-2008, 11:03 PM
they need a genuine woman. not someone looking for all the male attention, but someone who is likeable and easy to watch. they need to be easy on the eye, but not flaunt it. they shudnt bitch, and shud show a loving, caring side along with one that is slightly wild, but not scatty, annoying or bitchy

Captain.Remy
17-05-2008, 06:37 AM
I think it's a tough question since the British public does not seem to like the female housemates that much. It's hard to know what they are looking for.
I think the twins and Amy were the closest (still don't know why Emilia is runner-up even if love her) so we can say she should be funny, entertaining, not a wanabee full of herself and not bitchy (British public hate that).

chrissy
18-05-2008, 04:02 PM
for a female housemate to win, they will need to be male...a woman will never win because women do not vote for other women

MrGaryy
18-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by chrissy
for a female housemate to win, they will need to be male...a woman will never win because women do not vote for other women

Chantelle, Nadia, Kate, Shilpa . . . just saying.

chrissy
18-05-2008, 04:17 PM
yeah but then add up the male winners for the series.....Craig, Brian, Cameron, Mark Owen, Bez, Jack Dee, Anthony,Pete, brian, John. & then other shows like the X factor.....Steve, Shayne, Leon (the worst ever winner). Im a Celebrity................Tony, Phil, squeeky man, Biggins, You get my point!!! i hope x

MrGaryy
18-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by chrissy
yeah but then add up the male winners for the series.....Craig, Brian, Cameron, Mark Owen, Bez, Jack Dee, Anthony,Pete, brian, John. & then other shows like the X factor.....Steve, Shayne, Leon (the worst ever winner). Im a Celebrity................Tony, Phil, squeeky man, Biggins, You get my point!!! i hope x

Yeah but you said girls never win. End of subject.:thumbs:

*mazedsalv**
18-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I hope a girl wins this year though, I want a change.

chrissy
18-05-2008, 05:30 PM
girls hardly ever win, once in a blue moon

*mazedsalv**
18-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Its been 4 years since a girl has won, well 6 really if you think about it. Its too long ago.

MrGaryy
18-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Its been 4 years since a girl has won, well 6 really if you think about it. Its too long ago.

What about Chantelle?

chrissy
18-05-2008, 05:34 PM
in a real BB, not celeb he means

Spike
18-05-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm not bothered about the sex of the winner but what does annoy me is the British publics hate of entertaining housemates. As long as the winner is entertaining I am happy.

To stand a good chance of winning I think a female voter must be able to relate to the female housemate in some way, also the housemate must be a little bit of everything.

Dan_
18-05-2008, 05:39 PM
I hope a girl wins this year though, I want a change.

Well it all depends on the housemates, if most of them are your usual bitchy girls then I wouldn't want them winning.

topbigbrother92
19-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Its about time a woman won. But they never get the votes, if they do win they have to be funny, down to earth, pretty but not to beautiful. Pratically they have to be perfect to win. Come on a girl has to win.

Moses455
19-05-2008, 07:28 PM
There is still a social repressed rejection in peoples' minds to chastise any woman who is feminine and very strong with her sexuality. Kate was very laddish, Nadia even more so. There will never be a female winner who oozes sexuality and confidence.

Moses455
19-05-2008, 07:29 PM
As to the comments 'come on, a girl has to win', this is nonsense. Let's just see who the housemates are, and who deserves to win. It should never become a gender issue.

*mazedsalv**
19-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeahh but theres always a girl good enough to win in the last few series eg. Aisleyne(BB7), The Twins(BB8), but havn't won.

Moses455
19-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Yeahh but theres always a girl good enough to win in the last few series eg. Aisleyne(BB7), The Twins(BB8), but havn't won.

The twins, too unintelligent and no deep emotional side for the public to connect with. Aisleyne too acquired a taste for mass appeal.

MrGaryy
19-05-2008, 08:23 PM

I don't think Aisleyne had the right qualities to win. Not against Pete, Glyn and Nikki.

Rob
19-05-2008, 08:23 PM
well any girl thats goes in for fame or is a wanabee WAG doesnt stand a chance

*mazedsalv**
19-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Gazbo

I don't think Aisleyne had the right qualities to win. Not against Pete, Glyn and Nikki.

Well Nikki went out twice before Aisleyne was evicted lol

Rob
19-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Gazbo

Well Nikki went out twice before Aisleyne was evicted lol

i hates Aisleyne

*mazedsalv**
19-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I love Aisleyne! :hello:

EamonnBB
19-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I think in order for a girl to win they have to be down to earth, keep their legs closed, not that pretty lol

GiRTh
20-05-2008, 11:34 AM
For a woman to win they'd have to be a cross between Amy(BB:CH), the twins (BB8) and Aisleyne (BB7) and even then they'd probably lose to the fit bloke.

lolester
20-05-2008, 11:39 AM
bigger tits

Tom
20-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Someone who dresses making herself decent, someone who keeps her legs shut, someone who doesn't stick their tongue down someone elses throat, someone who doesn't bitch or argue and someone who isn't boring.

Men can be all of that and still win.

lolester
20-05-2008, 11:43 AM
mabey becuse women who tend to vote more in bb vote with there eyes (fit men) and not with the game play which women housemates tend to do

chrissy
20-05-2008, 01:08 PM
I h8 female voters!!