PDA

View Full Version : monday nominations and friday evictions???

BarnetFC
17-05-2008, 07:15 AM
we have been told that there will be a format change in big brother this year but none of us know what it is - do you think that it will remain that in the monday nominations you will nominate two others who you want to evict whilst in the diary room? and will the voting system or eviction format change - maybe change day? will nominations remain on a monday? what do you guys think?

Captain.Remy
17-05-2008, 07:50 AM
I think the nominations should be moved to tuesday on a live show 'Big Nominations' while the housemates nominate live. At the end of the show, Big Brother announces the nominees. The show would be right after tuesday's daily show.

BarnetFC
17-05-2008, 07:55 AM
i would like nominations on tuesday - but not live because they take two or three hours to nominate live - i would like them to be on a 7 - 7.30 slot on e4 on tuesdays - so that they don't cut into normal highlights show time

DamonJ
17-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
I think the nominations should be moved to tuesday on a live show 'Big Nominations' while the housemates nominate live. At the end of the show, Big Brother announces the nominees. The show would be right after tuesday's daily show.

*mazedsalv**
17-05-2008, 09:00 AM
I agree with either Monday or Tuesday Nominations Live. They would need to give each housemate 1 minute to nominate so the programme doesn't overun. If a housemate refuses, just threaten to kick them out if they dont want to/ or take ages to nominate.

Brekkie
17-05-2008, 09:54 AM
No, live nominations is long, boring and repetitive. It's much better record them so the HMs aren't pressured by time and can say what they really think, with BB having the time to press them properly for the true reasons.

Barbie
17-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Nominatios would be horrible live because people wouldnt watch the hours and hours of nominations it takes up loads of time and then they will get poor rating for this programme which will reflect on what the press say overall about BB

BBDodge
17-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Nominations day makes dull viewing.

Tom
17-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Brekkie
No, live nominations is long, boring and repetitive. It's much better record them so the HMs aren't pressured by time and can say what they really think, with BB having the time to press them properly for the true reasons.

It restricts time for long rants as well, and there will be boring housemates who go in with perfectly valid reasons but don't present them in an interesting way.

I prefer to just watch the highlights. They're called highlights for a reason.

Brekkie
17-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Exactly.

One thing I will say though is that ALL nominations must be shown in those highlights, even if it's just as short as "I nominate X and Y" for some without showing the reasons.

From BB1-4 without exception every single nomination was shown in just a 30-minute show, but since the show was extended from BB5 they've started cutting them out, and last year even at the final round of nominations they never showed them all.

Tom
17-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Because BBBM isn't usually on on a Monday, it could be a good idea to have nominations take place on a Sunday which means they'll make the Monday highlights, then they could just briefly show clips as they currently do then show Nominations Uncut on E4 right after the main show.

Arneldo
17-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Nominations should stay on Monday, and be shown on the Tuesdays. It;s worked for 8 years, so why change it? In fact the times they have moved the days around it turned into a disaster.

As for nominations themselves - I wouldn't mind seeing a change. Maybe BB could introduce the points system, or maybe introduce a "save nomination" where you nominate to save one housemate along with the two evict nominations.

BigBrotherfan4ever
17-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I think nominations should stay on a Monday, & i dont think they should be live

BarnetFC
18-05-2008, 06:11 AM
you guys still think evictions should be on fridays?

Captain.Remy
18-05-2008, 06:17 AM
Message original : BarnetFC
you guys still think evictions should be on fridays?

Naturally. :tongue:

Brekkie
18-05-2008, 12:13 PM
The only thing I might say is bring Davina in for a live show on the Tuesday, but the nominations would still be recorded on a Monday, just with Davina crossing to the house on the Tuesday to announce the results, rather than them being revealed in BBLB.