PDA

View Full Version : How will you choose your favourite/s?

Mike
17-05-2008, 10:27 PM
BB9 just around the corner, how will you go about choosing your favourites? will you decide early on or do you usually sit back and wait a while before deciding?

Shaun
17-05-2008, 10:28 PM
My favourite usually changes about 3 times over the series. For the first week or two I form first impressions, but then that changes dramatically (with a late arrival / my favourite going first)...

then near the end there may be a twist, and other favourites might go, so on the whole I probably choose 3 favourites.

Then again, I might get lucky and have 1 favourite the whole series (Nadia, Richard, Amy etc.)

Jay
17-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I usually give it few days before picking my favourite, usually i like the entertaining housemates.

Spike
I don't do it off first impressions anymore because it changes throughout the series, I hated Nadia, Derek and Charley on launch night and they turned out to be my 3 favourite housemates ever. I will decide after a few weeks and on who is the most entertaining.

Jack
I'm usually pretty consistant with my favourites after the first impressions. It sometimes changes but never drastically. It usually changes as a result of the more quiet housemates coming out of their shells.

Loukas
17-05-2008, 10:36 PM
My favourite can, and prob will, change like 5 times though the whole series, but it really does depend, i mean i dont normaly have a favourite housemate i have a favourite group/pair of housemates e.g. Lip Gloss Bitches, Craig and Anthony, Makosi and Kemal ect.

But we have to wait and see :D

Rob
17-05-2008, 10:36 PM
well the housemates i hate at the start are my favourite at the end, e.g pete bb7 i hated at first but then i liked him

Tom
17-05-2008, 10:40 PM
I pick my favourite on launch night usually and they usually stick because they tend not to annoy me because I watch them with rose tinted glasses.

Then when they are evicted, I choose a new favourite and the same process happens again.

My favourites usually get quite far anyway except last year when Laura got evicted early on, but Liam and the twins stayed until the end but I didn't like the twins until they became one housemate.

BBDodge
17-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Usually decide between the time they get out of the car and the time they enter the House!

First impressions for me.

Rob
17-05-2008, 10:44 PM
who did like the twins they were OTT

*mazedsalv**
17-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I watch them for a week and then decide who i like and who I dont :dance:

Loukas
17-05-2008, 10:47 PM
:wink:Originally posted by bb9fanatic
who did like the twins they were OTT

I loved them! :thumbs2:

rhombus92
17-05-2008, 10:48 PM
i think that i know who i like from the VT. the only exception is Laura from last year, who i liked to begin with, as did many people, but at the end of week two i couldnt stand her. otherwise all the other housemates are pretty readable, and no one has really suprised me.

Billy
17-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Im weird I never EVER change mine on first impressions and i always pick the dull ones but I still like them I cant bring myself nott o like them haha

BigSister
17-05-2008, 11:09 PM
I usually pick mine on first impressions then depending on how they are during the season i let them go or i dont usually i stick with them during the series

CassetteFinger
17-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I choose my favorite like after 2 days, most time's and stick with them :blush:

Dan_
17-05-2008, 11:18 PM
I normally choose my towards the end of the first week and have pretty much always stuck with them until they are evicted.I think only last year I changed favourite early on.

Meredith
17-05-2008, 11:19 PM
I chop and change every year. My first impressions are always hellish, and I quite often find myself liking the person I hated on launch night, and vice versa.

EamonnBB
18-05-2008, 12:04 AM
I pick my favourite on launch night and i stick with them until they are evicted.. i feel as if i have to its weird. eg. craig(bb6), nikki(bb7) and Charley

Xander
18-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Meredith
I chop and change every year. My first impressions are always hellish, and I quite often find myself liking the person I hated on launch night, and vice versa.

Thats the opposite with me, I really liked Charley on launch night but then i absolutely hated her couple of days afterwards.
I suppose I just go with my instinct and thats how I choose my favorites.

MrGaryy
18-05-2008, 01:07 AM
My favs usually never change threw out the series but sometime when I rewatch they change. Like Gerry, I loved him during BB8 but in retrospect he's quite annoying! Same with Aisleyne, during BB7 I despised her! Now I quite like her!

Barbie
18-05-2008, 05:56 AM
Well i dont like any of them on launch night .. i always say dont like them, next!, dont like them.. them i realise there are no housemates left to go in lol
i always change my mind during the series and find a favourite within the first week or so and then normally like them throughout .. there are the odd ones i decide i dont like half way through

Captain.Remy
18-05-2008, 05:58 AM
I usually pick them at Launch and it barely changed: most of my faves made it to the final week

BarnetFC
18-05-2008, 08:18 AM
i don't mean to sound all smartass or anything but i chose pete and brian as winners on the nights they went in and i was right - sorry again if it sounded like i was boasting:xyxwave:

jimmytubbs
18-05-2008, 08:20 AM
i give it 1 to 2 weeks before choosing to let things settle down

dupin
18-05-2008, 10:47 AM
My favourites are usually the same until they're evicted

BB:CH -> Calista (day 1) -> Amy (day 3 - final)

BB8 -> Laura (day 1) -> Nicky (week 3) - > Kara-Louise (week 8)

CBB5 -> Shilpa (day 1 - final)

BB7 - > Imogen (day 1) - > Nikki (day 4) - > Aisleyne (week 4 - final)

Captain.Remy
18-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Big Brother 5: Nadia and Jason> Winner and Runner-up.

Big Brother 6: Makosi and Craig> Third place and Fifth place.

Celebrity Big Brother 4: Chantelle[/b]> Winner.

Big Brother 7: Imogen, Richard, Sezer> 7th place, 4th place, 2nd evicted.

Celebrity Big Brother 5: Shilpa> Winner.

Big Brother 8: Charley and Sam & Amanda> 6th evicted, Runners-up.

thisisme2008
18-05-2008, 01:18 PM
i always have a favourite from when i start watching, like makosi. but also when new hms enter, i get favourites to like aisleyne. i tend to warm to some more than others. i usually have a favourite from launch night, e.g. last year Charley and BB7 Lisa and Lea, although Aisleyne became my eventual favourite and CBB5, i liked Shilpa from the start.

AlexBigBrother
18-05-2008, 02:00 PM
i like the most popular housemates (liked by the other housemates) coz i always find i really like them too, i form an opinion on everyone...:blush2:
like Liam and Samanda

Wolfie_Said_wolf
18-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Mostly on launch night i always have one favourite and they mostly remain until they are evicted.

I mostly end up gaining favourite as the series moves on though.

LaLaLand
18-05-2008, 02:32 PM
I decide my favourite from the VTs, I just know from watching first impressions whether or not I'm going to enjoy them.
Sad thing is, all/most of my favourites left first...

BB1 - Sada
BB4 - Anouska
BB6 - Mary
BB7 - Bonnie :love:
BB8 - Shabnam

Christina
18-05-2008, 02:35 PM
I'll end up liking a couple of people within a few days but the ones i like always seem to be hated or evicted. Eg - i loved Charley and Latoya and nobody else did lol x

Princess
18-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I always end up choosing favourites from the very moment they get out of the car and they one/two of them become a couple!

BB5:I liked Michelle and Stu the second I saw them and they became a couple
BB6:Same with Saskia(not so much with Maxwell)
BB7:Loved Nikki and Grace
BB8:Loved the twins and Chanelle

So I don't really 'choose' favourites,I just start liking someone and my mind doesn't usually change.

Tom4784
18-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I just kinda know which ones are my favourites, they just leap out at me really. I always choose really early and most of the time i stick to my decisions on favourites.

AlexBigBrother
18-05-2008, 11:05 PM
reason i love big brother for the relationships i make with the contestants!

Rob
18-05-2008, 11:06 PM
i really dont know how i choose tbh

Billy
18-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Jonnii
I decide my favourite from the VTs, I just know from watching first impressions whether or not I'm going to enjoy them.
Sad thing is, all/most of my favourites left first...

BB1 - Sada
BB4 - Anouska
BB6 - Mary
BB7 - Bonnie :love:
BB8 - Shabnam

OHMYGOD I LOVED BONNIE!!!

Tom
18-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Bonnie = best VT ever, although maybe not for the right reasons.