PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Big Problem - you decide?

MrGaryy
21-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Interesting. Theres no doubt it will suffer because of it which will eventually effect the series average. I hope we don't have another BB6 - brilliant series but terrible viewing figures.

I.am.the.invisible.member
21-05-2008, 06:57 PM
As Big Brother 9 has been confirmed by channel four that the official launch date is june the 5th it has also been stated that the first highlight show will be aired at 9:00 But this could be a big problem from the start!

If this set time is consistent, then we could see a clash of big brother against to other popular programs such as:

.Apprentice (4 episodes remaining)

and also Britian Got Talent. but this poular show (BGT) has recently extended the audition episodes to a total of six and is rumoured to have a total of 15 episodes overall (including live shows)

If true then both program's will clash with big brother at some point and now their are speculations of a 10pm slot. Then ITV1 or BBC1 might alter/Switch the times for more competition! (Britans got talent times are never consistent anyway)

I think this could set the series off to a bad slot and the whole point of the delayed launch date was that it wouldn't clash with popular shows especially Britans got talent

Tell me your thoughts below?

*mazedsalv**
21-05-2008, 06:59 PM
I think the producers would try and do anything to try and avoid a clash between BB and BGT. I cant see them putting both shows on at the same time. BB is supposed to be on at 10, wouldnt BGT be on around 8-10?

rhombus92
21-05-2008, 07:38 PM
bgt will be over by then, and bb will be stuck at ten because they dont have news to work around

21-05-2008, 07:59 PM
i have just clearly stated that BGT or Apprentice will not be over by then! Therefore this could be a problem from the start and decrease viewing figures! and they carnt keep changing the slot times if other popular programes want to compete

Smeggypants
21-05-2008, 08:30 PM
From what I've seen the mood is really good amongst fans this year. I think peeps are going to enjoy it no matter!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

MrGaryy
21-05-2008, 09:39 PM
The apprentice doesn't have four episodes left it has two both of which will be over before BB9 begins.

Bigbrotherin
22-05-2008, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by I.am.the.invisible.member
As Big Brother 9 has been confirmed by channel four that the official launch date is june the 5th it has also been stated that the first highlight show will be aired at 9:00 But this could be a big problem from the start!

If this set time is consistent, then we could see a clash of big brother against to other popular programs such as:

.Apprentice (4 episodes remaining)

and also Britian Got Talent. but this poular show (BGT) has recently extended the audition episodes to a total of six and is rumoured to have a total of 15 episodes overall (including live shows)

If true then both program's will clash with big brother at some point and now their are speculations of a 10pm slot. Then ITV1 or BBC1 might alter/Switch the times for more competition! (Britans got talent times are never consistent anyway)

I think this could set the series off to a bad slot and the whole point of the delayed launch date was that it wouldn't clash with popular shows especially Britans got talent

Tell me your thoughts below?

when BB starts back up there will be just 1 week left of the apprentice and bgt will have already finished.

i'm sure they can risk 1 wednesday episode, if they went at 10pm when there's no competition in the 9pm hardly during the summer they'd be fools.

bigbrotherbest99
22-05-2008, 01:54 AM
agreeed

Bigbrotherin
22-05-2008, 02:04 AM
the biggest competition in the 9pm slot this summer will be the ocassional period drama on BBC, the ocassional shockumentary on five and the ocassional load of rubbish on ITV. if they air at 10pm, they're risking lower ratings unneccesarily. 10pm is great when there's loads of competition on at 9, but there's none this year due to the glorious decision to launch in june rather than may.

bigbrotherbest99
22-05-2008, 02:07 AM
indeed i agree again lol

22-05-2008, 09:12 AM
How many times have i got to say Britans Got Talent and the Apprentice will not be over by then!!!!!!!!!!

Spike
22-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Bigbrotherin
the biggest competition in the 9pm slot this summer will be the ocassional period drama on BBC, the ocassional shockumentary on five and the ocassional load of rubbish on ITV. if they air at 10pm, they're risking lower ratings unneccesarily. 10pm is great when there's loads of competition on at 9, but there's none this year due to the glorious decision to launch in june rather than may.

Big Brother get higher ratings when in the 10pm slot, so they are risking lower ratings if its on in the 9pm slot.