PDA

View Full Version : Row over 'Talent' star's winning routine

Arneldo
09-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Britain's Got Talent producers have been accused of stealing the concept for George Sampson's winning dance routine.

Young breakdancer George was voted as the winner of the ITV1 talent series last weekend after impressing the public with his 'Singing In The Rain' performance.

Failed Talent hopeful Howard Fifer, 28, has now claimed that he performed an almost identical routine at the show's auditions. He used the same Mint Royale track for the performance, as well as many of the same dance moves.

"My act was break-dancing in the rain. George's routine was exactly the same as mine and I can't believe it was a coincidence," Howard told the News of the World. "I believe the producers saw me and thought it was a good concept, and wanted George to perform it on the show. They still have my audition on tape and I'd like them to release it.

"I know I can't dance anywhere near as well as George, and I wish him well. But I feel I had my chance to shine taken away from me."

Howard's audition was seen in October last year by three of the show's producers, rather than judges Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden and Piers Morgan. Days later, he received a letter telling him he would not progress further in the competition.

"I just want my chance to be able to perform for Simon Cowell," he added. "I clearly have great ideas, now I just need the smooth moves like George to go with it."

A Britain's Got Talent spokesman insisted: "Any similarities in performances are purely coincidental. If Howard wants to audition again he just needs to fill in an application form from the website."

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/realitytv/a98233/row-over-talent-stars-winning-routine.html)