PDA

View Full Version : The swiss con.

andyman
12-06-2008, 03:54 AM
Maybe its me but... Watching the game switzaland v turkey, the swiss goal scorer has a turkish family and missed many goal chances that should have gone in, ok he scored but he had to and could not miss. The swiss keeper was only diving but not trying to save at all, he used the same tactics used my keepers in match fixing. There is swiss players with turkish connections and i think that played a part in the game.:devil:

Lauren
12-06-2008, 05:53 AM
Surely if they're playing for Switzerland than they have more Swiss connections than Turkish though.

I think the extenuating circumstances of pitch damage was to explain to weird diving and missed opportunities.

andyman
12-06-2008, 11:18 AM
the swiss goal scorer has turkish faamily and even could not bring himself to smile when he scored plus he had to tap it in due to the open goal and speed of the ball. He then made sure he missed!! The keeper never made any attempts to use his arms/hands when they shot on target, he only dived to make it look good but there was no keeper skill there at all. He used match fixing style of keeping thats been used over the years. It has nothing to do with the pitch! There was 2 swiss players that wanted turkey to win!

Kore
12-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I doubt it was a fix!! lol

Dan_
12-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Hakan Yakin actually opted to play for Switzerland instead of Turkey.He was called up to the Turkish team years ago but decided to play for the Swiss instead.

andyman
12-06-2008, 11:31 AM
fixing in football is real! The keeper was a joke and made no attempt to make fully saves. The swiss was robbed by 2 of there own players, but hey its gone now and nowt can be done like the vannistroy 10mile offside fantastic amazing goal against the italians :joker: refs should use tv replays in this day and age. Refs and linesmen mistakes have no place in the modern game.

GiRTh
12-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I dont think there would be match fixing ate Euro2008. It'd be too risky for the players.

andyman
12-06-2008, 05:47 PM
it be easy to fix it... Keeper and a striker can sort that out... Bit like the swiss keeper and striker.

Matt10k
14-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Well if they ARE fixing games, they obviously aren't very good at it considering they're at the bottom of their group and are yet to win a game :bigsmile: