PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know you - and your pets!!

kaphc
04-05-2002, 10:41 AM
This was an idea that I had for a thread last night, while talking to LEE.

Does anyone have any pets?? And any photos of them that they would like to show off??

I'm not sure how posting pictures works, but I am going to attempt to put up a picture of the lights of my life - Tinker and Taylor -

Di2001
04-05-2002, 11:47 AM
I have a hamster. His name's Chaos. A cheeky little chappy!!

(I do have a photo of him but not sure how to upload it from my computer to the forum. Can anyone help?)

:colour::dance::colour::dance:

blinkinlovely
04-05-2002, 12:23 PM
:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

I'd like to put a pic up too but have not a clue how to do it....... please help and then you can see Bonnie and Tigger

sweetlittlesara
04-05-2002, 11:44 PM
i have a cute lil bunny :dance: awww and also we have a family cat called bubbles

kaphc
05-05-2002, 07:11 PM
The way I attached my photo was to scroll down towards the bottom of the message. Just above where it says "post Reply" there is a section called "Attachment".

Click on the Browse button and find your picture on your PC's hard drive and then post the message.

That's what I did anyway, I don't know how you do those photos that appear in the middle of the message as a photo rather than as a link .... :conf::hello:

LEE
05-05-2002, 08:09 PM
Hi Guys

kaphc is quite right about using the attachments feature at the bottom of the post screen to add a picture from your own PC. This is the only way you can add a picture that is not already up on the web somewhere.

I haven't got any pets :bawling: because as I live on my own and do quite a lot of travelling around for work so I'm not here all the time.

When I was a child we had a dog called Petra and a cat called Spot (cos she had a black spot right next to her nose).

:flower:

blinkinlovely
05-05-2002, 10:50 PM
Hopefully there should be a pic of Bon&Tig here:

susieq
05-05-2002, 10:54 PM
I've got a cat called Sionnaigh - she's coming up for 19. She's a bit arthritic and getting a bit thin now but she's lovely. A silver tabby.

blinkinlovely
05-05-2002, 10:56 PM
:xyxwave::wavey::xyxwave::wavey::xyxwave:Perhaps this is a good time to mention that Bon & Tig are not really my pets - but my neighbour's cats.
:conf::conf::conf:
:spin2::cat::spin2::cat::spin2::cat::spin2:
They just kind of adopted me a few years back
.. and spendmost evenings/nights at my place... and the days, come to think of it:flower::love::spin:

splodge0
05-05-2002, 11:20 PM
This should be Lucy at three months old....

splodge0
05-05-2002, 11:26 PM
And Sadie at 2 1/2 years old!

Mairi
05-05-2002, 11:44 PM
I rescued Rosie, a tortoiseshell/white cat, from an Animal Sanctuary 5 years ago when she was 2. They'd had her for 8 months and no-one would take her on because she bit. I was told she bit because she'd been cruelly treated in the past.

I fell in love with her straight away and, as I've had cats all my life, thought 'she won't bite me'. Well, pride comes before a fall and yes, of course she bit me, right through to the bone, and I still have the scar on my hand to prove it!!

She settled down eventually, though, put the past behind her and became a friendly and affectionate pet. I wouldn't be without her.

Kaz
06-05-2002, 03:55 PM
Here's my baby - Kara (a.k.a. Kaz!)

She's 9 years old now, and I love her to bits. :love:

Di2001
06-05-2002, 07:35 PM
Right then, let give this a go!!

Hopefully you'll see a pic of my hamster, Chaos!!!

Di2001
06-05-2002, 07:38 PM
Can you see him!!!????

:colour::elephant::colour::elephant::colour::eleph ant:

splodge0
06-05-2002, 07:44 PM
Gorgeous!:colour::colour::colour:

Now, How did you do that without attatchment!!!!:shocked:

PLEASE!

LEE
06-05-2002, 07:58 PM
Hi Splodge.

Just to clear up a slight confusion here. ALL the images on this thread have been added using attachments.

The reason that sometimes you see the picture straight away and other times you are given a link to click on is all due to the size of the image. The smaller ones you can see straight away, while the larger ones you have to click on a link.

Again there is the possibility of confusion, because some pictures that are shown straight away appear big, bigger in fact that some of the other ones that you have to click a link to see. They may look big, but because they are a lower quality and do not have such a high resolution as the other ones, the actual file-size is smaller. :spin2:

Hope this makes sense. :hugesmile:

splodge0
06-05-2002, 08:04 PM
Are you relatated to Sir Humphrey!!

I Do However Understand!!...Ta

ps. Yes... I am a fan of "Yes Minister"......
Have you been talking to The erstwhile RoB!!

jbellemeg
06-05-2002, 08:42 PM
I have two Border Collies.
Belle (who was born deaf ) and Meg. Hence my screen name.
My dogs are not only my pets, they are also my protector's. I live on my own and with them around I feel safe.
They have lots of runs and lots of love.
:love::love::love::love::love::love:

LEE
06-05-2002, 08:46 PM
Hence my screen name.
I always wondered where 'jbellemeg' came from, now I know. That's at least 2 people I can think of who have named themselves after their pets. :laugh:

jbellemeg
06-05-2002, 08:50 PM
I have three e.mail names and they all contain a variation of my dogs names.
To be honest I thought that was an easy way to remember my screen names.
:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

Kaz
07-05-2002, 07:18 PM
With Splodge's permission, as they're SO cute I thought it would be lovely to see Lucy and Sadie's pictures actually on the forum ...... so ...... here's Lucy:

Kaz
07-05-2002, 07:20 PM
.... and here's Sadie:

splodge0
07-05-2002, 09:50 PM
Thanks Kaz........ The wonders of Nikon digital! (and thats the only plug they'll get till they send me a D1....!!!):colour:

denise_lovesbubble
08-05-2002, 12:58 PM
hi i have got a 1 year old hamster called joxer the mighty named after joxer from the tv show called xena and i have a 14 year old yorkshire terrier called pippa she has only 8 teeth left and no hair on her back when i find there pics i will add the in pippas pic she is doing a bubble pose with her tounge and has a hat on bless her
and soon as i talk my mum around i am going to get a jack russel puppy and i am going to call him bubble :elephant::colour::elephant:

LEE
10-05-2002, 11:47 AM
Lucy and Sadie look gorgeous Splodge. :hugesmile:

borisse
10-05-2002, 05:54 PM
Liked all the pix

...unless you count my'pussy cat!' He has 2 legs of course and can be a bit of a 'tiger'!

Havn't got a pet but I am one !!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::hugesmile:

sweetlittlesara
12-05-2002, 08:16 PM
I am getting a new kitten, i am sooo excited she is only 3 weeks old right now so she cant leave her mum!! :elephant:

I will post a pic up as soon as i get one!!

Mairi
12-05-2002, 08:41 PM
You lucky thing, Sara. What colour is your kitten? I will look forward to seeing the picture.

http://www.plauder-smilies.com/tiere/catmilk.gif

Stu xxx
19-05-2002, 09:27 AM
Ahh i love all your dogs Kaz x
there so cute x
I have a fourteen year old cat called Arnold x

Yesterday i bought two goldfish and called them

HELEN AND PAUL xxxxx

Kaz
19-05-2002, 10:02 PM
Thanks, SJ - but I can only claim ownership of one, and she's more than enough to cope with! :laugh:

Kara (a.k.a. Kaz) is my much loved dopey dog. :love:

Lucy and Sadie belong to splodge0, and they're SOOOOO sweet. :dazzler:

Glitter_babe
20-05-2002, 01:29 PM
Ugh! All the talk of cats is making me itch (I am seriously allergic to 'em - eyes puff up, skin blotches and sometimes I can't breathe.) Strangely I'm ok with dogs though.....

All your pets look lovely - i have had a catalogue of pet disasters!

I had a gorgeous dog called Dino (after the dinosaur in the flintstones, as he was very hyperactive and knocked everyone flying). Lovely thing he were - got put down because of old age, but he was 15 (which is quite good for a big dog).

I also had a fish which i thought was deadand flushed down the loo, only for it to reemerge. Seems it wasnt quite dead. Died properly quite soon after though....

Then I just had hamsters, one of which my mum said was dead, but later was worried that it was just hibernating (which I didnt think hamsters did) so i could have buried the poor thing alive. I dont think i did though.

More recently a gerbil. Only the person who sold me the gerbil failed to mention it was epeleptic. It took massive fits and it was 'orrible to watch - i couldn't help it at all. Then it took one huge fit a year or so after I got it and never got back up.

Sorry that was a depressing account of my pets - I am currently practising to take over Sticks place when he leaves us for a few days.......

:devil:

Glitter_babe
20-05-2002, 01:31 PM
Doh! I forgot to tell you all that your pets look really gorgeous - that was the whole point of replying, only I wandered off track!!

I wondered where jbellemeg came from too....

jbellemeg
20-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Hi Glitter babe, I come from Plymouth in Devon.:xyxwave::xyxwave:

Amy
20-05-2002, 08:17 PM
I have two cats both female Tigger and Chloe!! Tigger has just got back from the vets and is costing me over £100 but she's worth every penny she was very poorly :bawling: Chloe is mad and when u whistle she comes running i have no idea why :conf:

Boris
20-05-2002, 08:29 PM
:elephant::elephant::elephant:

Now how about an ELEPHANT for a pet.

That would be something different !

:elephant::elephant::elephant:Maybe I'll just adopt the cossak and keep him for a pet instead !!!!:love::love::love:

Boris
20-05-2002, 08:35 PM
Sympathy to you Glitter Babe

I suffer the same way as you in the animal stakes.

Nothing furry AT ALL..

jbellemeg
23-05-2002, 09:36 PM
This is Belle who is Completely Deaf

jbellemeg
23-05-2002, 09:39 PM
This one is Meg.
Companion and ears for Belle. They are my pride and joy. Belle will be six this year and Meg will be four.:love::love:

Mairi
23-05-2002, 09:45 PM
They are both absolutely beautiful, Jill.

http://www.plauder-smilies.com/dogrun.gif

jbellemeg
23-05-2002, 09:51 PM
Thank you I think thay are pretty special too. They really look after me.:thumbs::love::love::love::love::thumbs:

Amy
21-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Been a while since this thread was around but I thought I'd introduce you all to my little baby Tabitha :thumbs:

BigSister
21-02-2004, 04:29 PM
I have 2 cats called Whiskey and Eric

sweetlittlesara
21-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Awww what an adorable cat Amy!!

My baby bunny died over Christmas RIP, well saying that he was 6 years old which I think is a very fine age for a rabbit.

We still have our two cats, Bubbles and Tally though!

Amy
21-02-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by sweetlittlesara
My baby bunny died over Christmas RIP, well saying that he was 6 years old which I think is a very fine age for a rabbit.
We still have our two cats, Bubbles and Tally though!

Awwww I'm sorry to hear about your bunny :bawling:

How old are Bubbles andTally?

Tabitha is a bit of a poser :laugh: she loves the camera!

Btw here's another pic of Tabitha :spin:

sweetlittlesara
21-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Awww I love cats

Tally will be 2 years old at the end of April, and Bubbles is 4 years old :hugesmile:

How old is Tabitha, is she your only cat??

Amy
21-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Tabitha is 2 this year I have another cat Chloe who will be 12 or 13 this yr?

here's a picture of Chloe...

Di2001
22-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Lovely pics Amy :thumbs:

bananarama
22-02-2004, 01:38 PM
As a personal tribute to her I would like to mention my dog Holly a small golden brown X breed who was a dream of a pet. Sadly she died in my arms three weeks ago and I am gutted... Nearly 15 years old but oh how I miss her......:bawling: bananarama

Amy
22-02-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear that bananarama :bawling:

Janette
29-03-2004, 06:49 PM
It's always hard when a loved pet dies, they are truly part of the family!

I had the most gorgeous ginger cat called Sandy, he was 12 when he died of a brain haemorrhage. He was a fantastic friend to me when I was growing up, I used to tell him all my secrets!!!!! I broke my heart when he died and have never wanted to replace him. But I'm thinking of getting a kitten after Tim and I get married, I'm really looking forward to it now!

:thumbs:

Amy
29-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Janette
It's always hard when a loved pet dies, they are truly part of the family!

That is very true Janette! It's awful to lose a pet!

when he died and have never wanted to replace him. But I'm thinking of getting a kitten after Tim and I get married, I'm really looking forward to it now!

When my last cat died I felt the same way but my parents rushed out a few days later to get another cat, I was happy to wait a bit to let Tigger rest a little longer but my parents insisted and to this day I'm glad they did as Tabitha is an angel :love: she follows me every where :love: