PDA

View Full Version : : Will Big Brother Have To End There Reigh Of Evil?

Hooly One
18-06-2004, 06:17 PM
With loads of Complaints to Ofcom and to the ITC, will big brother have to tone down it's evilness?

Hooly One
18-06-2004, 06:35 PM
So doe's anyone have any opinions on the subject?

rachb
18-06-2004, 06:38 PM
I don't think that bb have been that evil I think its just that they picked housemates that clashed.So its too late to change that now.

bananarama
18-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Sorry Hooly One I didn't see this thread earlier. I have made comment about the ofcom involvement on the thread.

Why big brother went pear shaped"

Yes. I think it will force BB to have a major re-think. BB is unlikely to get an outcome to the ofcom investigation for some weeks. As you probaly know they are very busy with many "Consultations" going on at present.

So without positive clearance from ofcom that the complaints are not upheld or within their remit BB probably won't take risks. Which will mean a quieter BB5.

I suppose they could think up some other tricks to entertain us.....

dustmite
18-06-2004, 06:50 PM
When it comes to Ofcom's regulations, Channel 4 really are the experts on the matter, given their specific remit also allows them to be slightly more 'extreme' than the regulations permit. Channel 4's remit/charter was always such that they are more... provocative than other channels.

I don't think Channel 4's compliance people are overly concerned with the Ofcom involvement, if they were they'd have issued a much stronger statement with the 'Sorry' word inside.

bananarama
18-06-2004, 07:07 PM
True dustmite. But these complaints are about a violent situation which could have gone badly pear shaped had not strong man Stuart intervened to hold Victor back while another restrained Emma. Suppose Stuart had not been in the right place at the right time!!! Security was too slow. BB need to think this one through.

It's not the violence as such but the placing of people in a situation where they could commit a criminal offence. Now ofcom is a new body still finding it's way. No one including Channel 4 even yet knows what the outcome of the ongiong consultations regarding tv standards is going to come up with.

Channel 4 are treading on egg shells with this years show.