PDA

View Full Version : Should they scrap live launches?

DigitalSid
06-07-2008, 05:00 PM
As much as I enjoy them, I think I preferred the old format of them starting with the first highlights shows and just showing vts as each housemate says something. Because of the live launches the first highlights shows usually aren't worth watching and the housemates already know how the public feel about them from the crowd's reaction to their VT.

AyeAye-xO
06-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by DigitalSid
As much as I enjoy them, I think I preferred the old format of them starting with the first highlights shows and just showing vts as each housemate says something. Because of the live launches the first highlights shows usually aren't worth watching and the housemates already know how the public feel about them from the crowd's reaction to their VT.

Yeah But Your Reaction To a Housemate Can Change Once Uu Get To Know Them Better:) ! :laugh:

arista
06-07-2008, 05:02 PM

The Near Live shows are Great

The public prefer Live TV
Anything can happen - even Davina falling over.

andyman
06-07-2008, 05:05 PM
nope! Live is best, but if itv get the big brother rights then they may do that with only 2hours per night live feed on itv2. Channel four need to keep the bb rights coz itv would kill it!

arista
06-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by andyman
nope! Live is best, but if itv get the big brother rights then they may do that with only 2hours per night live feed on itv2. Channel four need to keep the bb rights coz itv would kill it!

No ITV would do the "Red Button"- ads pay for it twice over
and I hope for £8 a month
for Internet UnCut Live Feed.

ITV were close to get the Rights
but then Ch4 came in with a 5 times over amount.

Dan_
06-07-2008, 05:12 PM
I much prefer a live launch, the old way didn't have the same excitement.Most of them end up being different to the way acted in their VT, they are just controversial for the sake of it.

DigitalSid
06-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by andyman

Yeah but it's no good if it means less people tune into the first highlights show and if people tune in on launch night expecting to see the housemates spending time in the house and only see them going in.

They could have davina present the first show live from the studio with interviews with hm's f&f as we get to know them during the first highlights show, could they not?

DigitalSid
06-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Dan_
I much prefer a live launch, the old way didn't have the same excitement.Most of them end up being different to the way acted in their VT, they are just controversial for the sake of it.

Hmm yeah, but if the launch show and first highlights were as one, you'd be able to tell who's lieing and who's not straight away without having to wait 24 hours plus half an hour to resee them go in from the house's perspective.

Dan_
06-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Dan_

Hmm yeah, but if the launch show and first highlights were as one, you'd be able to tell who's lieing and who's not straight away without having to wait 24 hours plus half an hour to resee them go in from the house's perspective.

It's not always easy to know if they were lying in their VT or not after just 24 hours.The first night is all about introductions to each other, the true personalties don't start to come out for a few days, sometimes even weeks.

Brekkie
06-07-2008, 05:31 PM
I do like the live launches, but I think they need tweaking so the mob aren't booing off the back of their audition video.

Basically introduce the HM and send them in, then show their intro vid.

andybigbro
06-07-2008, 05:32 PM
No they shouldnt scrap them

If they did i thinks its silly.

Very_Nayce
06-07-2008, 05:33 PM
I dont want an old country fire , humble get together of family and friends for some low key pre taped launch.

Live , white hot , and loud is the way to go. Its BBUK for gods sake. Not BBUSA.

DigitalSid
06-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Very_Nayce
I dont want an old country fire , humble get together of family and friends for some low key pre taped launch.

Live , white hot , and loud is the way to go. Its BBUK for gods sake. Not BBUSA.

BBUK's first 2 launches weren't live..?

DigitalSid
06-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Brekkie
I do like the live launches, but I think they need tweaking so the mob aren't booing off the back of their audition video.

Basically introduce the HM and send them in, then show their intro vid.

They could do, or they could not show the VT to the crowd. Or they could threaten the crowd with a ban if they boo them on the way in.

Cody™
06-07-2008, 06:01 PM
We should scrap live launches just cos of the first highlights show? No way!

Theres nothing more exciting than the live launch when the hype surrounding Big Brother reaches an all time high!

SexualHeroics
06-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I see your point but I do enjoy the live show. One solution would be to just ditch the live crowd, they're pointless and annoying most of the time. Should just have a live crowd for finale night.

bronaaaa
06-07-2008, 06:54 PM
I prefer them live

SammyAyee
06-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I Prefer Them Live Because Anything Can Happen

If There Not Live Then There Edited So I Prefer Them Live

stonedape
06-07-2008, 09:20 PM
I like hearing the initial gut reaction of people...that's what makes it so fun when opinions change. Sometimes the crowds right on the money, but consider Anthony. Booed into the house, and ended up winning. Hilarious!

Spike
06-07-2008, 09:23 PM
No, the live launch is always the best part of the series
It kicks the series off well and make me excited
Maybe the format of the live launch could be tweaked