PDA

View Full Version : Terror at 2am: HMs evacuated

Jackie
07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
THE Big Brother housemates were smuggled out of the house as cops were called over a terrifying security alert.

The desperados were evacuated at 2am yesterday — and fearful show bosses were forced to cut the live feed.

Contestants then had to spend two hours out of the house.

Today we can reveal how shocked producers on the Channel 4 reality show were spurred into action after receiving a phone call from a member of the public. Police quickly arrived on the set in Elstree, Herts, and searched the house.

Some housemates — including Lisa, Mario, Bex and Luke — were sleeping and had to be woken up.

The wannabes did not return to the house until 4am.

During that time, pictures and sound were cut, with only an apology for the lack of action on screen.

When the live feed returned, housemates were seen munching on toast.

Geeky student Luke, 20, said the four sleeping housemates had been so fast asleep that they did not hear the tannoy asking them to get up.

He said: “Dale came in and said that we had to get out.”

Another housemate added: “Definitely a drugs bust.”

Last night, a show spokeswoman said: “Due to a security incident, it was necessary to remove the housemates from the Big Brother house as a safety precaution, which therefore caused a temporary break in the live streaming.

“After the necessary checks were made, housemates returned to the house without incident and streaming was resumed immediately.”

As the others went to bed, shaken Dale and Darnell stayed up until nearly 5am. Melancholy Darnell, 26, griped: “Honestly Dale, you wanna know what I’m really thinking?

“I'm thinking, like, basically things ain’t going well for me . . . I’ll be going home, cause I’m not doing well.”

Dale replied: “They can’t take you out just because you’re not doing well.”

But Darnell moaned: “I’m talking about the housemates — the housemates can take you out and I’m just not in the crowd.

“I don’t think I’m doing as well as I’m supposed to be doing. I couldn’t really enjoy myself because all I do is think about what people expect of me.”

Dale told him: “That’s the same for everybody though.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/article1388540.ece

MarkWaldorf
07-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Shame we couldn't see it..

arista
07-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Public Joker
phones them up.

How can anyone get a bomb in there?

Security stops that.

arista
07-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Markus

Nothing to see all the Housemates in a blank room.

MR.K!
07-07-2008, 11:01 AM
it shoud deffo be on highlights tonight !!!

DOG
07-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Publicity stunt. :bored:

D

bigbr0ther
07-07-2008, 12:40 PM
What I don't understand is WHY they had to cut the live feeds! Okay, I can understand that the quality would go down as all the cameramen would need to be rushed out of the camera-runs but they could have at least just left one of the housecams running, then cut to the outdoor camera shot. This is exciting stuff. No need to keep it from us.

bananarama
07-07-2008, 12:58 PM
If there was a major security scare then there is no way in which they could have or should have kept a live feed.......

After all what are they going to show.....security agents searching and being identified by the public!!!!! What!!!!!Me thinks not....

MarkWaldorf
07-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by arista
Originally posted by Markus

Nothing to see all the Housemates in a blank room.

When it happened on Big Brother 4 they showed them being evacuated.

Mrluvaluva
07-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Have some members of the public got nothing better to do than make hoax calls?

letmein
07-07-2008, 01:21 PM
So what. they thought someone broke into the house to plant a bomb?

Sunny_01
07-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Ah bless them, didnt look like they were allowed to lie in for long the next morning though lol :devil: