PDA

View Full Version : Conduit Housemates

Unblonde
25-07-2008, 07:37 PM
On another thread I touched on the subject of fate and destiny and how Big Brother is the perfect place to see it in action. Here I shall attempt to explain how.

The housemates are what create the events that happen within the house, with a little help from Big Brother. Each housemate provides a role for things to happen, be they small or big, and act as moving pieces in a jigsaw puzzle. The pieces and the final picture are already determind but the housemates are the ones who do the actions to slot each piece into place.

There are 3 housemate types. Active housemates, passive housemates and conduit housemates. Conduit housemates are responsible - all be it unbeknownst to them - to shift the important pieces. They're not going to win, as that's not their function in the house, but their presence is crucial to what happens with everyone else.

This year the housemates are:

Active:
Luke
Rebecca
Mario
Sylvia
Kat
Darnell
Belinda
Alex
Rex

Passive:
Lisa
Rachel
Dale
Sara
Jennifer
Mikey

Conduit:
Steph
Mohamed
Dennis
Stuart
Maysoon

Active housemates are the ones who play a more prominant role in the house and are very visable, but not necesarily show winners. Passive housemates are those who take much more of a step back from the action, but occasionally do something more in line with active housemates. Conduit housemates (either active or passive) are those who do little - seemingly insignificant at the time - things that have a much wider impact on the house and individual housemates later on. While they don't appear to be doing anything in particular to the viewers, events in the house take place through them. Once their function has been performed, they are no longer needed and are taken out at the quickest opportunity.

Rather than go into everything that's happened, I'll pick a couple of key moments to give as an example.

3 conduit housemates were involved with fight night. Mohamed, Dennis and Stuart. Stuart's presence lead to the painting existing for Rex to mess with and upset Jennifer. Mohamed's presence in the luxury bedroom lead to Dennis spitting at him which got him thrown out. Dennis's removal lead to Bex sharing Luke's bed.

In the line of fate, Dennis had performed his function by getting himself removed from the house at that point allowing for Mohamed to stay and for Luke & Bex to start their path together.

This week Mo, Bex and Darnell are up for eviction. Having done not a lot for a while Mohamed has suddenly played two key roles since being nominated. He was crucial in the task to win the luxury budget by his quick finding of the alarm clocks and last night was instrumental in Luke & Bex finally getting their true feelings out into the open. However, last night has been what the previous 7 weeks have been building up to. To separate Luke & Bex at this stage doesn't make sense. So Mohamed, as a conduit housemate, must perform one last act for the house and that's to be evicted tonight instead of Bex.

If this doesn't happen tonight you're free to call everything above a load of twaddle.

And I'll be punching myself in the face with a pineapple.

Jen
25-07-2008, 07:42 PM
You have no idea how much i want all of that to be true...

:hugesmile:

rayheartbliss
25-07-2008, 07:44 PM
luke active O.o?

hardly!
with mouth yes.

jonsep
25-07-2008, 07:44 PM
psychology student,unblonde?

Unblonde
25-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by jonsep

I dabble, but I've never studied it offically.

I am usually right, though. That's not arrogance by the way, that's just how things have turned out. 9 times out of 10 I'm right.

If I'm wrong then ahhh well. It's one for the filing cabinet.

serensilver
25-07-2008, 07:54 PM
:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello: unblonde i REALLY hope mo goes tongith and you are right!!!:hello:

i looked at your aviator and thought Luke was standing by a mirror! :tongue:

jonsep
25-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Unblonde

I dabble, but I've never studied it offically.

I am usually right, though. That's not arrogance by the way, that's just how things have turned out. 9 times out of 10 I'm right.

If I'm wrong then ahhh well. It's one for the filing cabinet. lord of the flies comes to mind.

xDramatick
25-07-2008, 07:58 PM
That was real interesting to read.
Seriously.
It was nice to see it from a less biased view [slagging off housemates etc]

I agree with a lot of what you say, especially the conduit housemates.
Amazing post, seriously. :thumbs:

Unblonde
25-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Darenn
That was real interesting to read.
Seriously.
It was nice to see it from a less biased view [slagging off housemates etc]

I agree with a lot of what you say, especially the conduit housemates.
Amazing post, seriously. :thumbs:

Thanks.

I wanted to go into the why Steph and Maysoon are conduits as well but it would've been a very long post and I thought just keep it simple.

It's all about tracing back and taking note of key moments. I think Stuart is still to fullfill something as he's still in there so long after fight night. It'll all play out eventually.

fingers
25-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Bye Bye, Webecca!! lol

Unblonde
25-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by fingers
Bye Bye, Webecca!! lol

Or more seriously, bye bye my face if she goes! :shocked:

jonsep
25-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Unblonde
Originally posted by fingers
Bye Bye, Webecca!! lol

Or more seriously, bye bye my face if she goes! :shocked: i hope you like pineapples:joker:

bronaaaa
25-07-2008, 08:21 PM
that was a very smart post..and interesting too :bigsmile:

Unblonde
26-07-2008, 03:43 AM
The blood! The pain! THE HUMANITY!!!

Oh, and my face hurts from the pineapple pummelling as well.

As much as I love fate and destiny, sometimes it can **** right off. I suppose that will teach me to try and second guess what would happen rather than wait and see.

Despite my cock up with my Mo eviction prediction, everything I said before that still stands. I'm now very intrigued to know just what Mo's purpose in the house is after this. He stayed so there must be something coming up that needs him there for it to happen. And classic conduit trait...no-one can figure out why Mo is still in there.

While I was gutted Bex was voted out - it felt like a punch in the chest - I soon clicked back into my mind that her leaving now will come into play during the week, particularly for Luke. This could make or break his future in the house.

This week will be tense.

Unblonde
30-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Ahh-haa! I was right. :cheer2:

I said Mo would be needed for something this week. He was the one who initiated the football code in nomination chats, which has lead to 7 extra housemates being up for eviction this week.

We'll find out on friday exactly where this leads to.

lolester
30-07-2008, 01:26 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
it's a load of rubbish, its all down to how bb phycological thinking to who it shapes the house, why do think the auditon process is soooooooooooooooooooooooo long

Unblonde
30-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by lolester
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
it's a load of rubbish, its all down to how bb phycological thinking to who it shapes the house, why do think the auditon process is soooooooooooooooooooooooo long

The audition process is part of it too.

Think of Big Brother like a train station. You're standing on the platform watching the trains go by. You don't see the train before it arrives but it still exists. And after the train has gone through the station it carries on its journey.

It's the same with the housemates. Their lives leads them to the Big Brother house and then throughout they leave to continue their journey...or more correctly, their life path.

We're just fortunate enough to actually witness these people's lives happening in real time. It happens with all of us but because life is so big we can't consume everything and see what's going on. For instance, I can trace back an event that happened to me earlier this year all the way back to a seemingly (at the time) insignificant thing I did in 1998.

Think about where you are now and what has lead you to be there. It's all meant to be.

Unblonde
31-07-2008, 08:39 PM
More conduit housemate action.

Maysoon - a conduit - has now left as she has fullfilled her purpose in the house...failing the shopping task with Dale this week. This has resulted in the house only getting a basic budget for the next week.

Which brings Stuart being stripped of HoH into play. Again, as a conduit, it meant Rex did the shopping list today instead. Rex has spent £57 on mystery prizes and only £20 on food.

This will have a huge effect on the house over the next 7 days.

jonsep
31-07-2008, 10:47 PM
wernt you wrong last time?

Unblonde
01-08-2008, 01:22 PM
wernt you wrong last time?

Only with the eviction prediction.

I'll be upstraight and say that I had a feeling Bex would go as soon as her name was read out for nomination but was hoping for a miracle. If it was going to be either Darnell or Mohamed, Bex wouldn't have been thrown into the mix.

I said Mo would be needed for something this week...he set up the football code which has lead to most of the house going up.

I also said that once a conduit housemate has fullfilled their purpose in the house they go at the quickest opportunity as they're surplus to requirements. Maysoon helped fail the shopping task...soon after she left.