PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother playing God? (and related threads merged)

LarryDavid
29-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Nominations have been discussed before and resulted in prison for HMs - now that it is rumoured that Luke and Dale are up - BB may decide that they can't risk losing either of them two so lo and behold......may put others up to sway the vote......they won't mind Mikey or Rachel going out.....what do people think - if they alter the nomination process, are they cheating us?

xXEtchieXx
29-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Not really, Big Brother reserves the right to change the rules at any time. They need people like Luke in there to keep people watching, so it is understandable.

LarryDavid
29-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by xXEtchieXx
Not really, Big Brother reserves the right to change the rules at any time. They need people like Luke in there to keep people watching, so it is understandable.

That's exactly the point, rules should be consistent to prevent them swaying the process - if the punishment for talking about nominations has always been prison - why suddenll change it - only reason i can see is the prevent Luke or Dale going....wake up viewers.

30stone
29-07-2008, 06:59 PM
meh big brother makes the game all contestants and voters just play it.

Wellsita
29-07-2008, 07:02 PM
That's what BB is all about! They wacth the people in the house...and they watch us... they let us have the nominations spoilers up until now... they will decide on the punishment and let them and us know when they feel like it!

LarryDavid
29-07-2008, 07:06 PM
I can't believe the public don't feel mugged off - we all know the rules by BB past punishments - so to change them now is fixing the game!!!

Wellsita
29-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Oceania's people are in three classes — (i) the Inner Party, (ii) the Outer Party, and (iii) the Proles. This government, the Party, controls them via the Ministry of Truth (Minitrue), where Winston Smith, the protagonist, works; he is a member of the Outer Party. His job in Minitrue is the continual rewriting and altering of history so that the government is always right and correct: destroying evidence, amending newspaper articles, deleting the existence of people identified as unpersons.

This is part of the explation found in Wikepedia about the book (1984) that inspired Big Brother!

LarryDavid
29-07-2008, 07:08 PM
You been watching Panorama again?

arista
29-07-2008, 07:09 PM
There is a way out of this
Put them all up.

As so many were into those codes.

JOSHUAH!
29-07-2008, 07:11 PM
It's pathetic. They are doing this cause they want to keep Luke and Dale in. Its just stupid, BB should play by the rules and go ahead with Luke V. Dale for the eviction.

Surely those who have spoke about nominations could be sent to the sin bin type room for about 6 hours or more to punish them.

LarryDavid
29-07-2008, 07:13 PM
That isn't a way out, it's exactly the way to save Luke and Dale - once all are up then someone like Luke and Dale have as many supporters as haters and this will affect the vote - someone like Mikey probably won't have many supporters and will probably go, either him or Mo i would guess.............see through BB and don't vote at the next nomination.

LarryDavid
29-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by JOSHUAH!
It's pathetic. They are doing this cause they want to keep Luke and Dale in. Its just stupid, BB should play by the rules and go ahead with Luke V. Dale for the eviction.

Surely those who have spoke about nominations could be sent to the sin bin type room for about 6 hours or more to punish them.

Well done, someone who can see exactly what they are doing and is not took in- well done...

:shocked:

arista
29-07-2008, 07:19 PM

To keep Luke and Dale in?

I think you are getting into this in a overloaded way.

Tomorrow
we should find out.

Best Fair way
Everyone Up.

Hurley
29-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by arista

To keep Luke and Dale in?

I think you are getting into this in a overloaded way.

Tomorrow
we should find out.

Best Fair way
Everyone Up.

Totally true - BB manipulating the vote - predictable they
were never going to let Luke and Dale go up, for some reason BB thinks we want to watch Luke - he is so boring same old, same old get him out

LarryDavid
29-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Putting everyone up is not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is BB way of making it seem fair to the public who don't understand how including Luke and Dale with the others will save them from going......surely you must see that?

arista
29-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by LarryDavid

It is BB way of making it seem fair to the public who don't understand how including Luke and Dale with the others will save them from going......surely you must see that?

Well it is not all of them - 9 of them
so Billy tells us.

LarryDavid
29-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by arista

Well it is not all of them - 9 of them
so Billy tells us.

Do you not see how including a number of other HMs in the vote will lesson the chances of Luke or Dale going - people can't be that gullible can they?

arista
29-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Yes I do.

But Rules Breaks are Rule Breaks.

sk8tersmum
29-07-2008, 07:34 PM
big brother is at it again cheating to keep thier favorites in not fair BIG BROTHER punish them by not letting them nominate the person they were talking about next week or send them to jail as you have done in the past to put them all up is only to get more money from the public STOP CHEATING AND CHANGING The rules to suit yourself when your favs are up BIG BROTHER:mad::mad:

Wellsita
29-07-2008, 07:34 PM
You been watching Panorama again?

I have never watched Panorama... but I have been watching Big Brother since day 1, series 1! And what they did today is the reason why I like the show! It is not a HM show! It's BB show! They rule!
And even though it might seem a way of keeping Luke and Dale in, I still believe those people had to be punished and the prison was not enough anymore!
I still think Luke or/and Dale will go!
But that definitely made this Friday a show worth watching!

LarryDavid
29-07-2008, 07:44 PM
So many are missing the point - if BB had put the HMs up who discussed nominations in the previous weeks then that would be fair.....but to pick and choose the punishment to suit their own agenda eg keep us viewers watching to line their own pockets is wrong.

At least 5 occassions HM have discussed nominations and ended up in prison - now that Luke and Dale are up......suddenly the punishment is to be put up for nomination ......

tadhg333
29-07-2008, 07:46 PM
dont vote this week -- if no votes are cast what will BB do then...

LarryDavid
29-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Evict the HM who will have least effect on viewing figures!!!

Big_Brutta
29-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Evict the HM who will have least effect on viewing figures!!! I don't really care about the figures.

30stone
29-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by tadhg333

wont happen there will be loads vote.

and im sure you hate it coz dale or luke were going to go, now mo has a big chanceof going.

but if darnell and kat were up im sure youd enjoy that there was another 7 people up.

fingers
29-07-2008, 08:03 PM
I can't believe the public don't feel mugged off - we all know the rules by BB past punishments - so to change them now is fixing the game!!!

If I say anything about BB treating the viewers as mugs and cash machines, the teenies shoot me down in flames!:whistle:

rayheartbliss
29-07-2008, 08:05 PM
its defenatly unfair, they should just let it flow!

but either way, people kno who they will be voting out!
i.e luke!

SexualHeroics
29-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by fingers

If I say anything about BB treating the viewers as mugs and cash machines, the tee:whistle:nies shoot me down in flames!

That's what the cult of Big Brother has taught them to do. You must worship "Big Brother" like a god, didnt you know?

mikopale
29-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Luke will probably still go.

LosersAreYou
29-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Hmm not impressed by the way it appears that once again the producers are playing around with the program but its there right i guess. But it seems dodgy when nominations in many different ways have been discussed before.

Personally they could have done many things like tell them they was up for eviction but in reality the public vote was only the two house mates chosen. They would have known no difference and would have stopped hopefully future discussions.

fingers
29-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by SexualHeroics

If I say anything about BB treating the viewers as mugs and cash machines, the tee:whistle:nies shoot me down in flames!

That's what the cult of Big Brother has taught them to do. You must worship "Big Brother" like a god, didnt you know?

Yes indeed, BB can do no wrong, if they do wrong they ignore it. If they get pulled uo for it they deny it. they have the catch-all excuse, "BB can change the rules at any time":laugh:

fingers
29-07-2008, 08:18 PM
The biggest joke of all is that Geordie voice exhorting "Who goes? YOU decide"

Yeah reet man!!!:joker:

jimbo91
29-07-2008, 08:26 PM

i think it would be a little hard to put 7 housemates in the prison now wouldnt it. bb is tough, but they just laugh at him. if you ask me bb should have been tougher.....

jimbo91
29-07-2008, 08:27 PM

dale is still favourite to go!!

30stone
29-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by jimbo91

1 if it was kat darnell up and 7 others were up would you still be bitching? no your be like yeh my favoutrite ent going to dont be bias.

2 mo / luke are favourites to go.

Red Moon
29-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Nominations have been discussed before and resulted in prison for HMs

You can't put seven housemates in the prison, and the prisons wasn't working anyway so they had to do something and this is it. In any case what makes this worse is that made up a code to fool Big Brother, more fool them.

Good one Big Brother :thumbs:

charlie118
29-07-2008, 08:38 PM
dont vote this week -- if no votes are cast what will BB do then... i agree totaly:thumbs2:

Red Moon
29-07-2008, 08:40 PM

Well I'm going to vote so if the rest of you don't then the housemate I want gone will go......

:colour::colour::colour::colour::colour:

So please don't vote this week!

andybigbro
Big Brother can change the rules at any time...

Red Moon
Originally posted by andybigbro
Big Brother can change the rules at any time...

Yes.... that is the golden rule of big brother.

MR.K!
29-07-2008, 09:24 PM
It is blatently obvious that BB has added more HM's to the eviction so that Dale has a greater chance of staying. Im sick of BB protecting certain housemates. Why cant they just let the ONE eviction we actually care about just play out. GOD im so anoyyed :mad: Now im certain Mo will be evicted leaving us having to watch that twit Dale for another 5 draaaaaawwwwwn out weeks.

LarryDavid
29-07-2008, 10:39 PM
BB is cheating us again and the only way to beat them is to still vote Dale or Luke out!!!

Diablo
29-07-2008, 10:45 PM

I think alot of the public do feel mugged off, they are not all neccessarily on this forum though

JOSHUAH!
29-07-2008, 10:48 PM
I wanted Luke to go anyway but I have a feeling more will vote for him now because everybody knows this twist happened to keep him in.

sl3ptsolong
29-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Luke is far more hated than anyone else so i dont think this will change anything

Red Moon
29-07-2008, 11:17 PM
BB is cheating us again and the only way to beat them is to still vote Dale or Luke out!!!

No they are giving us the chance to vote the really cheaters out of the house. The ones that talk about nominations and make up codes to do it with. They are the people that are really manipulating the the nomination system.

If I said I cheated your granny out of £100,000 by using a secret code word system you would all be appalled and rightly so. However people it's ok to rig the nomination system to by making up codes to cheat a fellow housemate out of £100,000.

Come on get real.... these people are the cheats not Big Brother.

MaDdOctoR
29-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 30stone
Originally posted by jimbo91

1 if it was kat darnell up and 7 others were up would you still be bitching? no your be like yeh my favoutrite ent going to dont be bias.

2 mo / luke are favourites to go.
I don't think so, (obviously you feel that way about Dale and Luke though) I would like to see Darnell against Kat, it would be a close call, and I'm not sure which way it would go...I like both of them...but wouldn't want BB pissing around with the nominations like this...they've done it way to many times before.

I thought that BB bosses said they were not going to do any of this type of stuff anymore?

anyway, as it is, they've made what was a great HL show end on a sour note...it should have been left as Dale and Luke, both are getting on my tits...so it better be one of them that leaves this week.

of course BB are still getting people to "man" the phones due to the high number of people up for eviction this week...so let's see if they can do this vote fairly and correctly...with no margin of error...or is that too much to ask for?

dOc

LarryDavid
30-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Not even Mikey up and he cheated too - it all stinks!!

Red Moon
30-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by MaDdOctoR
I thought that BB bosses said they were not going to do any of this type of stuff anymore?

They did it because they are cheating scum bags.

If they really wanted to save Luke and Dale they would have just put up the 7 cheating scum bags, but they didn't they have let all 9 of them face the public vote.

30stone
30-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by MR.K!
It is blatently obvious that BB has added more HM's to the eviction so that Dale has a greater chance of staying. Im sick of BB protecting certain housemates. Why cant they just let the ONE eviction we actually care about just play out. GOD Im so anoyyed :mad: Now Im certain Mo will be evicted leaving us having to watch that twit Dale for another 5 draaaaaawwwwwn out weeks.

will be good wont it :dance::dance::dance::dance:

dale no where near as bad as luke mo or darnell

fingers
30-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Red Moon

No they are giving us the chance to vote the really cheaters out of the house. The ones that talk about nominations and make up codes to do it with. They are the people that are really manipulating the the nomination system.

If I said I cheated your granny out of £100,000 by using a secret code word system you would all be appalled and rightly so. However people it's ok to rig the nomination system to by making up codes to cheat a fellow housemate out of £100,000.

Come on get real.... these people are the cheats not Big Brother.

Why don't BB just invite their favourite into the Diary Room and offer him/her half the prize money in a small case?

Oh, wait, they did that before!!

Right Eugene?

:dance:

Hurley
30-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Nominations have been discussed before and resulted in prison for HMs - now that it is rumoured that Luke and Dale are up - BB may decide that they can't risk losing either of them two so lo and behold......may put others up to sway the vote......they won't mind Mikey or Rachel going out.....what do people think - if they alter the nomination process, are they cheating us?

Totally agree. Pure BB cheating us and the public know it. Another TV phone in fraud. Beat BB vote Luke out

Lizziex
30-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Long as Dale or Luke go ill be happy

Hurley
30-07-2008, 04:51 PM

Totally. The only way to beat them is to vote Luke out. He has been manipulating people on voting from day 1. My only worry is that the phone numbers aren't out yet. Are cheating BB going to change the vote to 'vote for who you want to stay'. In that case Luke/Dale won't go.

Best thnig would be let the Hm think they are up but actually only Luke and Dale are up. That would be fair and stop them talking about nominations in the future. Comon BB don't cheat the public without us you have no show. Think about all the other TV phone ins that have been rigged - we don't need BB doing that too

Hurley
30-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by xXEtchieXx

Who wants to watch Luke - bitching and moaning is BORING. I turned off and so did millions of others - take a look at the viewing figures. BB much more inetresting since tits and screaming and bitching left - that was boring.

bigbr0ther
30-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I'd really like to see Maysoon, Rachel, Kathreya, or Mohamed go because they're all really boring. Personally I'm not bothered because it seems like the obvious thing to do. Now that all of the big characters have gone, the only one left is Luke. The producers recognize that without Luke the show will be extremely dull. They're just trying to do the right thing and save the show from the stupidity of the voting public.

Red Moon
30-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Why don't BB just invite their favourite into the Diary Room and offer him/her half the prize money in a small case?

Oh, wait, they did that before!!

Right Eugene?

:dance:
They didn't ask him into the dairy room at all, they asked for one housemate to go into the dairy room and Eugene was the housemate that went in the room.

Right?

Originally posted by Hurley
Totally agree. Pure BB cheating us and the public know it. Another TV phone in fraud. Beat BB vote Luke out
As I have said before:

If they really wanted to save Luke and Dale they would have just put up the 7 cheating scum bags, but they didn't they have let all 9 of them face the public vote.

So why didn't Big Brother not just put up the seven scum bags and really save Dale and Luke?

All I see here is a lot of upset Like haters who feel they have been cheated out of something by the housemates they support.

Big_Brutta
30-07-2008, 05:56 PM
As I have said before:

They obviously did that to lower the suspicion.

Red Moon
30-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Big_Brutta

As I have said before:

Why would they bother about that when the people posting in this thread think it is a clearly a plan in any case. They knew what the reaction would be.

I still say if Big Brother wanted to save Dale and Luke it would have disregarded the nominations and put up just the 7 cheating scum bag cheaters.

LarryDavid
30-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Red Moon
Originally posted by Big_Brutta

As I have said before:

Why would they bother about that when the people posting in this thread think it is a clearly a plan in any case. They knew what the reaction would be.

I still say if Big Brother wanted to save Dale and Luke it would have disregarded the nominations and put up just the 7 cheating scum bag cheaters.

Surely you must see what BB is doing, why suddenly put HMs up for nomination when in the past they didn't for more obvious discussions about nominations - it's all about money, viewers, phone calls and advertising.

Red Moon
30-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Surely you must see what BB is doing, why suddenly put HMs up for nomination when in the past they didn't for more obvious discussions about nominations - it's all about money, viewers, phone calls and advertising.

Well, in that case turn off the TV take a hammer and smash the screen, get a pair of wire cutters and cut off the phone then jump up and down on your mobile. There you go you have beat Big Brother and your not playing their little game any more.

Of course Big Brother wants, more money, more viewers and a bigger income from advertising. It is a TV company and it has to make enough money to make the programmes and turn in a profit for the share holders. It's not there just to please the viewers it has other interests too.

LarryDavid
30-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Well admitted, but if they deliberately alter the rules etc to gain from the viewer, they will be in breach and in trouble - If Blue Peter can be charged - then BB is not safe!!!

Red Moon
30-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Well admitted, but if they deliberately alter the rules etc to gain from the viewer, they will be in breach and in trouble - If Blue Peter can be charged - then BB is not safe!!!
I didn't admit anything, all I said is TV companies need to make money. Simple equation

No Money = No Programmes = No Big Brother

Big Brother makes the rules. If you read the rules and you will see what I mean ( BB Rules (http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/about/bb-rules.html)). The last rule states:

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL: Big Brother reserves the right to change the rules at any time.

So give the final rule which of there own rules did they break exactly?