PDA

View Full Version : gaining weight quickly

cc100
05-07-2004, 02:53 PM
gaining weight quickly

hi
can you give me advice on how to gain weight quickly?
im seeing a dietician, butr she says itll take months to gain weight. id like to do it quicker. can my gp prescribe me anything to help?

has anyone used the supplement drinks you can get? (FORTI JUICE)

thanks

LEE
05-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Hi cc100, nice to see you back here again :cat:

I'm afraid I haven't got much help for you on this as I am trying to lose weight and not gain it.

Maybe someone else on here has some ideas for you :thumbs:

BusyBee
05-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Nice to see you back. Think though that the best way is to do it gradually so your body adapts. Bit like dieting in reverse. Good luck though

bananarama
05-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Strangely although vegetables are supposed to be low in calory. I find that eating plenty of cabbage and the like caused me to put weight on.

So when I feel like losing a little weight I cut down on cabbage and other greens and carry on eating the chocolates...:laugh:

golden~rose
05-07-2004, 07:36 PM
really, vegetables and fruit actually make me lose weight. ive lost a stone and now im 7 stones after being nearly 8 and im 5ft 1!!!

you cc100. have you tried doing some weights and stuff after toning up (if you arent toned that is). instead of gaining fat you should concentrate on gaining muscle weight!!!

cc100
06-07-2004, 02:30 PM
weight gain- how do you do it?
hi
im currently overcoming an eating disorder where i basically lost a LOT of weight,( i fell to 5 stone/ 33kgs)

i went in hospital and im getting over it now. im up to 7 stone/44kgs in 9 weeks, but id like to put weight on quicker.

im eating about 4000 calories a day, 3 meals-breakfast, lunch and tea, and 3 snacks in between(bananas, nutri grain bars, cereal bars, biscuits etc) so i cant fit any more food in. can i take supplements in the form of juice drinks(FORTIJUICE) to add calories? is there anything you can advise?

i cant really do weights as i dont yet have the strength.

im male, 22,and five foot ten. ive never weighed more then 9 stone- even when i ate like a horse.

please advise.

thanks

She Devil
06-07-2004, 02:44 PM
There is a supplement drink that my mother drank when she had cancer that helped her to maintain her weight. I can't remember what it is called but I will find out for you cc100. I will need to wait until my step father comes home from his holiday though before I can tell you, which is Thursday.

It doesn't taste too good but apparently it works well.

Hooly One
06-07-2004, 02:48 PM
To help you put weight on and gain strength to, get Seven seas one a day pure cod liver oil, you can also buy a bottel of it or get the capsules. also consider getting Calcium vitamins, it will help make you feel stronger.

golden~rose
06-07-2004, 04:24 PM
wow that is underweight for a boy, i thought you were a girl, lol!

herindoors
06-07-2004, 06:40 PM
there are some milk shake drinks called biuld up i dont know weather they might be any help . you might be better to gain weight gradual like somebody else said . sorry to hear you have been poorley at least you are going in the right direction:hello: like most people i am trying to lose weight to lose weight

golden~rose
06-07-2004, 08:36 PM
you need to gain the weight on gradually, thats way it will stay on you for longer, its just like losing weight!!!

cc100
07-07-2004, 08:58 AM
thanks for your help