PDA

View Full Version : No time to make themselves presentable?

brandstifter
03-09-2008, 05:48 AM
No time to make themselves presentable?

So let me get this straight: the annoying losers who didn’t make it this far got to know in advance and have time to shower and make themselves look presentable. Two people – love ‘em or loathe ‘em – who HAVE made it this far are rewarded by getting no warning and get dragged out kicking in screaming to face the national press and TV interview.

Yeah…that’s fair!

Hey, maybe we can start a trend. Teams who don’t make it past the third round of the FA Cup should get trophies and medals while the two in the final get booed but no prize. Or perhaps people who get two numbers in the Lottery should get a million squid while if you get six, you get a fine.

Cue vacuous responses such as “Since when has Big Brother been fair?” and “But it’s great entertainment.” Makes me, ahem, proud to be British.

:whistle:

Fom
03-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Im not too sure what your problem is... I am assuming you didnt like the way the evictions were done? I think you just need to remember its just a game, this is how the game is played. Its not about being all glammed up and then being evicted. The whole word "Evicted" means being kicked out of your house! So really last nights eviction is more true to the actual word "evicted" than normal evictions.
I know you said we would say this but its true... its entertainment, thats the whole reason we watch BB. To be entertained. I wouldnt be suprised to hear BB caught a few new viewers back that had switched off to be honest.

Im sure Kat and Mo are over it now, I think its time you did as well.

ange7
03-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Fom
Im not too sure what your problem is... I am assuming you didnt like the way the evictions were done? I think you just need to remember its just a game, this is how the game is played. Its not about being all glammed up and then being evicted. The whole word "Evicted" means being kicked out of your house! So really last nights eviction is more true to the actual word "evicted" than normal evictions.
I know you said we would say this but its true... its entertainment, thats the whole reason we watch BB. To be entertained. I wouldnt be suprised to hear BB caught a few new viewers back that had switched off to be honest.

yep agree with you.... :tongue: thanks for saving me the trouble!

Barbie
03-09-2008, 07:48 AM
i agree with Fom ... this show isnt about glamming up to get the boot... it was a good idea to do that
housemates know going on there they are likely to get humiliated... most other housemates did in one way or another... and that wasnt the worst that could have happened... BB6 Eugene Kinga and Orlaith went in with just underwear with leaves on

Jackie
03-09-2008, 08:15 AM
It was funny though it could of been anyone in their but I'm glad it happened to those two especially Kat and she had her eviction dress planned etc.

bigbr0ther
03-09-2008, 08:15 AM
I loved it! I think it was necessary to throw a bit of entertainment in there after several weeks of boring.

xXxCharlottexXx
03-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Well Kat had that nice outfit underneath the dressing gown.

dcp42
03-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Fom

I couldn't agree with you more :thumbs:- great reply to a rather silly post - sorry OP but it is a gameshow - not a visit to the Queen!

Novo
03-09-2008, 09:56 AM
lol

you compared big brother to the fa cup

how stupid

big brother is a GAMESHOW

\PJ/
03-09-2008, 09:59 AM
You seem to have a british public fetish,the suprise eviction is all part of BB so my advice stop worrying.

Sunny_01
03-09-2008, 10:28 AM
They both said they had thought there would be an eviction early in the week so really they should have been prepared for it happening. This has happened year on year, look at when they just took people from the diary room in the past.

pinkmichk
03-09-2008, 11:01 AM
agree with fom here as well it could have been worse they could have been in pyjamas or just underwear

30stone
03-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Well Jen Dale stuart and steph all got a chance who were good housemates.

The rubbish housemates didnt im happy

GhettoSuperstar
03-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah they both looked awful, innit. :yuk: :laugh:

brandstifter
03-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Wow! I did say the responses would be inane but my compliments - you've surpassed yourselves!

:laugh3:

mozzymozmoz
03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
those are possibly the two worst examples i have ever heard.

its all about that.
and to be honest, who cares, i thought it was funny. it was a SHOCK eviction. and it produced great results. its not as if the housemates are guaranteed a proper eviction and 30 mins to prepare themselves. thats what they sign up for, so they should expect it.

CarpeDiemBaby
03-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Well that's shock evicitons for you.

Fom
03-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by brandstifter
Wow! I did say the responses would be inane but my compliments - you've surpassed yourselves!

:laugh3:

Your ignorance is beyond annoying.

AngRemembered
I think the main difference of the FA Cup and BB is the winner takes all part of the show, and is done for entertainment where rules like these can be changed. If you got medals, or more to the point big contracts, teams would indeed endevour to go out in round 1, 2 or 3.

I suppose if the FA cup if Man Utd were suddenly told en route to Arsenal's ground that the public had voted them out of the comp, then whether they showered or not wouldnt stop the outrage of the rule change.

However in both gameshows, the idea is to get as far as you can, with the luck of the draw and avoided the big stars in potential eviction defeats, as whats important to consider is the further you go the bigger the rewards off the field you earn.
Kat will be minted like the rest of the finalists, and she'll be waving her rich pickings from BB and that "horrid" eviction at the nasty booe'ers long after they have forgotten what she was even called.
A bit like like last years FA cup semi finalists, now I wonder who they were again?

gavinh2008

So let me get this straight: the annoying losers who didn’t make it this far got to know in advance and have time to shower and make themselves look presentable. Two people – love ‘em or loathe ‘em – who HAVE made it this far are rewarded by getting no warning and get dragged out kicking in screaming to face the national press and TV interview.

Yeah…that’s fair!

Of coarse they had no warning, hence the meaning of "surprise" eviction

sk8tersmum
03-09-2008, 08:25 PM
If you remember stuart (BB6) got called to the diary room during a party and was evicted without getting to say goodbye at least they got to say goodbye to the other housemates

brandstifter
03-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by mozzymozmoz
those are possibly the two worst examples i have ever heard.

its all about that.
and to be honest, who cares, i thought it was funny. it was a SHOCK eviction. and it produced great results. its not as if the housemates are guaranteed a proper eviction and 30 mins to prepare themselves. thats what they sign up for, so they should expect it.

Lol - in a slightly more longwinded way, you've regurgitated both the clichés I quoted in the post!

By the way, whatever you all throw at me is water off a duck’s back, not least because on BBLB tonight, Davina pretty much echoed exactly the same view as mine!

:dance2::cheer::cheer2:

brandstifter
03-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by gavinh2008

Yeah…that’s fair!

Of coarse they had no warning, hence the meaning of "surprise" eviction

Yeah, thanks for that - I didn't know what that word meant before you enlightened me.

:joker:

CarpeDiemBaby
03-09-2008, 08:32 PM
This is so pointless.

Its a bloody shock eviction get over it.

Big_Brutta
03-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by CarpeDiemBaby
This is so pointless.

Its a bl***y shock eviction get over it. How is it pointless? People are allowed to say what they wish to.

CarpeDiemBaby
03-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Big_Brutta
This is so pointless.

Its a bl***y shock eviction get over it. How is it pointless? People are allowed to say what they wish to.

Its pointless because she posted this, apparently knowing what everyone was going to say, and when people reply she just completely ignores what people have to say.

If everything we say is "water off a duck's back", then why bother.
So, "get over it."

brandstifter
03-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Big_Brutta
This is so pointless.

Its pointless because she posted this, apparently knowing what everyone was going to say, and when people reply she just completely ignores what people have to say.

If everything we say is "water off a duck's back", then why bother.
So, "get over it."

So I completely ignored you AND answered you with a comment about water off a duck's back? I'd no idea I had such laws-of-science-breaking capabilities, lol.

:cheer2: