PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Power knows all!

carlcon
03-09-2008, 06:41 PM
5th - Darnel 20/1

4th - Rex 8/1

3rd - Sara 5/1

2nd - Rachel 3/1

1st - Michael 4/5

2nd and 3rd may switch, but there's your winner.

30stone
03-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I could live with that..long as its not darnell

and id prefer it not to be rex.

Blink_Me
Michael is clearly going to win, and we all know why. Not fair, but that's the way it is.

bee-ash
i dont see how mikey will win...he doesnt have enough fans...and hes got enough haters to be evicted...

Captain.Remy
03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Message original : 30stone
I could live with that..

I couldn't !
My least 2 faves are top 2 lol I'm so unlucky !

Jackie
03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Wanted Racheal to win.

Blink_Me
03-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by bee-ash
i dont see how mikey will win...he doesnt have enough fans...and hes got enough haters to be evicted...

Ah..... the mystery of Big Brother.

CbgAndy
03-09-2008, 06:50 PM
every poll ive seen has mikey in 4th or 5th , 3rd at best

if he wins ,then it's the biggest fix since ...err ..last year and the year before :conf2:

30stone
Originally posted by ChanAndy
every poll ive seen has mikey in 4th or 5th , 3rd at best

if he wins ,then it's the biggest fix since ...err ..last year and the year before :conf2:

remmeber not everyone votes in polls a lot of people watch and vote without coming online or anything.

BBkid
This is clearly wrong, Sara will do better than 3rd and Rex will probably be runner up to Sara. Mikey will come 4th.:bigsmile:

carlcon
03-09-2008, 06:52 PM
I'd be happy with that order too.

Darnel was my #1 for weeks, but his attitude completely changed for the last 3 weeks or so.

I still hate Rex the most, but I have to accept others like him.

I dont hate Sara, but also don't like her.

Rach was consistently nice and fun so I wouldnt mind her winning.

Mikey is a legend. Full stop.

Daniel__
I hope not, I want Sara to win.

Fom
Thats so wrong, they are taking an educated guess... they know no more than we do!

I wish people would stop following odds like they are law, they are just reading forums and seeing what people are saying thats how they get their odds! Where they got Mikey 1st... I have no idea!

carlcon
03-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by BBkid
This is clearly wrong, Sara will do better than 3rd and Rex will probably be runner up to Sara. Mikey will come 4th.:bigsmile:

I love how people blindly ignore experts just to suit their own preferences...

NettoSuperstar!
03-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Exactly Mikey just doesnt have that many fans on the forums, people i know, facebook, theyre just not there!

Fom
03-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by carlcon

Experts my ass! The only people who know the vote count so far are big brother producers!

001steven
i d be happy with that to darnell doesnt deserve it all as long as sara beat rex and darnel i be happy BUT i want Sara to win

NettoSuperstar!
It would be a fix if he won

Blink_Me
03-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by bbE
It would be a fix if he won

It would be a fix? It is a fix.

carlcon
03-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Fom
Thats so wrong, they are taking an educated guess... they know no more than we do!

I wish people would stop following odds like they are law, they are just reading forums and seeing what people are saying thats how they get their odds! Where they got Mikey 1st... I have no idea!

If they were following forums, Mikey wouldnt be favourite.

Bookies do this for a living. They would not be giving such good odds on Sara and Rachel if they thought they were as popular as forums like this suggest.

Look at the typical poster here. Teenage fanboys/fangirls. The majority of voters dont waste their lives on the internet.

Also, anyone voting purely based on watching the 9/10pm show is likely to vote Michael.

carlcon
03-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Fom

Experts my ass! The only people who know the vote count so far are big brother producers!

Paddy Power isn't an expert? Dude, open your eyes. It's this ignorance that makes him millions each year.

Blink_Me
03-09-2008, 06:59 PM
And the fact Mikey isn't just favourite with Paddy Power, he's favourite with every bookie.

AngRemembered
On day one I had a £5 bet on Mikey to win BB at 5/1, so I have a vested interest in this:laugh:

However, so confidant I am that Mikey wont win, I'll go as far as to say I'll post a set of pics of me wearing nothing but that betting slip on my nose if he (Mikey wins)

I'll open a face book account on Friday night, and I never back down on a bet :whistle:

Jackie
Rachel is 3/1
Rex is 8/1
Sara is 5/1
Mikey 4/5
Darnell 20/1

The Bloke from Paddy Power.

This was on BBLB a minute ago.

NettoSuperstar!
03-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Fom

If they were following forums, Mikey wouldnt be favourite.

Bookies do this for a living. They would not be giving such good odds on Sara and Rachel if they thought they were as popular as forums like this suggest.

Look at the typical poster here. Teenage fanboys/fangirls. The majority of voters dont waste their lives on the internet.

Also, anyone voting purely based on watching the 9/10pm show is likely to vote Michael.

Why? hes a bit annoying. I only watch the highlights. Hes ok but winner? c'mon

Blink_Me
03-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Angiebabe
On day one I had a £5 bet on Mikey to win BB at 5/1, so I have a vested interest in this:laugh:

However, so confidant I am that Mikey wont win, I'll go as far as to say I'll post a set of pics of me wearing nothing but that betting slip on my nose if he (Mikey wins)

I'll open a face book account on Friday night, and I never back down on a bet :whistle:

Best get them pics ready. :wink:

NettoSuperstar!
03-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Well I cant see it and the polls have been pretty much spot on all the way through, the bookies havent

carlcon
03-09-2008, 07:03 PM
So we have 1 naked lady on friday night...

what else? any other offers?

carlcon
03-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Original post edited to include PPs odds.

Tom
03-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I've not seen any evidence from any online polls suggesting he's going to win. Normally the series favourite tops at least 1 poll on a website throughout the series.

Winners odds are also incorrect, they got just about every show wrong last year.

carlcon
03-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I've not seen any evidence from any online polls suggesting he's going to win. Normally the series favourite tops at least 1 poll on a website throughout the series.

Winners odds are also incorrect, they got just about every show wrong last year.

They've been spot on this year, with the exception of the Lisa/Sara eviction, which to be fair, was something like 52:48.

Also, they could never have foresaw Darnel and Rex being complete morons to Sara that week, gaining her the always immense sympathy vote.

NettoSuperstar!
03-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Yep they were wrong last year. Samanda were tipped to win

dupin
03-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Tom

They've been spot on this year, with the exception of the Lisa/Sara eviction, which to be fair, was something like 52:48.

Also, they could never have foresaw Darnel and Rex being complete morons to Sara that week, gaining her the always immense sympathy vote.

Odds to win are different completley though....

Samanda were at 1/6
Amy (BB:CH) was at similar odds to Mikey
Rhydian (X Factor) was a 1/5

Tom
03-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Tom

They also got the first eviction wrong, Mario was favourite to go although in fairness he did overtake Steph during the week.

But odds to win are a lot different from odds to evict. Odds to win are usually way off, BB8 being a prime example. X Factor were also way off. Niki and Rhydian were tipped to go all the way throughout the whole of the series, Leon was out of the running as far as odds were concerned.

NettoSuperstar!
03-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Yah Rhydian exactly! Clear fave but did he win? ERRRR No

carlcon
03-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I can't go with the "Samanda" argument for 1 simple reason. They were ridiculously annoying to the "normal" person. They were another fanboy bandwagon.

With Michael, he's genuine and funny. There's nothing there to really hate about him so I'm still with the bookies.

carlcon
03-09-2008, 07:25 PM
I can't go with the "Samanda" argument for 1 simple reason. They were ridiculously annoying to the "normal" person. They were another fanboy bandwagon.

With Michael, he's genuine and funny. There's nothing there to really hate about him so I'm still with the bookies.

also... he's not part of this fanboy/fangirl bandwagon, which does him a HUGE favour.

Tom
03-09-2008, 07:25 PM

I do like Michael but there is nothing, other than to win betting odds, proven flawed in the past. He hasn't topped any polls at all and the eventual winners normally do at some point.

poppy
03-09-2008, 07:26 PM

also... he's not part of this fanboy/fangirl bandwagon, which does him a HUGE favour. i agree samanda were nearly as bad as rachel the disney princess!

dupin
03-09-2008, 07:26 PM

Everyone loved Samanda, it wasn't that their popularity was overestimated as such, is that Brian's was underestimated. Michael's not even that firm a favourite, he's the weakest favourite out of every series so far I think (except for Amy in BB:CH who took third place)

NettoSuperstar!
03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeh Mikeys ok I loved the chilli thing but he has been a bit annoying and I know loads of people that want to slap him! Hes never been a fave

NettoSuperstar!
03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Whos Amy and whats BB CH?

dupin
03-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by bbE
Whos Amy and whats BB CH?

Big Brother Celebrity Hijack, it was on in January instead of CBB...Amy was the favourite to win at around the same odds as Michael (5/6) but she came third with around 22% of the vote...the eventual winner was the 7/2 fourth favourite to win

NettoSuperstar!
03-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Ah I didnt watch it but good news on the odds thing

carlcon
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by dupin

Everyone loved Samanda, it wasn't that their popularity was overestimated as such, is that Brian's was underestimated. Michael's not even that firm a favourite, he's the weakest favourite out of every series so far I think (except for Amy in BB:CH who took third place)

He's a very firm favourite. 4/5 with 3/1 being next is pretty firm.

dupin
03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by dupin

He's a very firm favourite. 4/5 with 3/1 being next is pretty firm.

Paddy power odd for BB:CH on the final day:

Amy 5-6 (third place)
Anthony 11-4 (fourth place)
John 4-1 (winner)
Emilia 6-1 (second place)
Jeremy 14-1
Nathan 33-1

NettoSuperstar!
03-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Cool i think Sara is about 4-1, good odds I say:tongue:

Dal1966
03-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Mikey will win by the sympathy vote.
But id rather him win than Rex.

jcdub
03-09-2008, 08:11 PM
"he knows all" yet they had sara at 1/6 on lol...

001steven
03-09-2008, 08:23 PM
mickey has been himself throughout BB imo and he has done nothing to upset the public BUT Sara has gotta win

Ramsay
03-09-2008, 08:31 PM
If Mikey wins then thats pretty much guarenteed its a fix
Pete shouldnt of won BB7..Glyn should of ..but i liked Pete as we;l so i wasent that bothered
Mikey is my least favourite out of the final 5..mainly cus he hasent really done anything!

jcdub
03-09-2008, 08:58 PM
It doesn't show it's fixed, just that voters are idiots.

carlcon
04-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by jcdub

those odds were given before Darnel and Rex bullied her and made her popular.

MrGaryy
04-09-2008, 02:44 AM
Thats perfect for me! Preferably Sara second but I'd be totally satisfied with Mikey winning!

andyman
04-09-2008, 02:48 AM
Aslong trout face sara does not win then i'm happy for rex, darnell, mikey or rachel to win.

jcdub
04-09-2008, 07:58 AM

those odds were given before Darnel and Rex bullied her and made her popular.

Nah it was after all that xD

And four hours after his BBLB appearance, Rex's odds were halved :thumbs:

NettoSuperstar!
04-09-2008, 10:01 AM
...But The Sun’s own poll gives Mikey, 33, a miserable 16 per cent of the vote, beating only Darnell on 11 per cent.

Accurate

The other three are neck and neck - Aussie Sara has 26 per cent, Rachel 25 per cent and Rex has 22 per cent.

And a Big Brother insider praised the accuracy of The Sun’s online poll: “The Sun’s tally has been remarkably accurate.

“When Lisa and Sara were up for eviction, pundits tipped Lisa to stay in but Sun readers had them dead level. As it turned out, Sara’s victory was by the narrowest of margins.”

Heres what the sun says! Hmmm bookies always right? Itchy chin!
They also said about Samanda being hotly tipped last year and Brian winning! And even though more money on Mikey. Its anyones game!

Fom
04-09-2008, 10:37 AM
If I was to believe anyone, I would believe the sun's polls. Just for the fact they have way more average viewers voting, they arent the die hard fans that stay up and watch live feed all the time, or check everything that happens. Just people that watch the highlights!

I hope the Sun's poll is correct, would love that result!

jcdub
04-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Sara and Rachel in the final two would be crap, lol...

NettoSuperstar!
04-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Sara and Rachel in the final two would be c**p, lol...

Sara and Rex...now theres a final, make it happen

carlcon
05-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Shall I tell you were to stick your Sun poll?

*HINT* You poll wont shine there.

Rach and Mike 1 and 2. Paddy Power and Myself 100% right so far. I love both so dont care who wins now.

FYI, I'm keeping this thread bumped for weeks to come! :thumbs2:

andybigbro
05-09-2008, 09:55 PM
NOOO
Rachel to win
PLEASE!

carlcon
05-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Okay I'm putitng my chips down...

Rachel is gonna surprise everyone... or maybe Michael... or not.

I CAN'T DO IT!

ARGH!

carlcon
05-09-2008, 10:23 PM
4 out of 5 aint bad.

Justice was done I suppose. Rach was given a very tough time in there.