PDA

View Full Version : Will a Black Girl Ever Win?

Benjamin
07-09-2008, 02:59 AM
BEFORE WE GO ANY FURTHER THIS IS NOT RACIST.

(just in case somebody feels I am being)

But I was just looking at all the Big Brothers and there has never been a Black girl in the Top 2 in the UK Big Brother.

In fact there has only ever been one Black Girl in a Final Week, Makosi (BB6)

and

There has only ever been 2 that have made the top 6:

Makosi (BB6) - 3rd
Melanie (BB1) - 4th evicted week 6

How come they never seem to be very liked or popular?
Alison (BB3) is an exception as she is popular, but she was evicted in week 3 of BB3 (I'm still bitter about that, she was a legend).

Will BB10 see a Black Girl which can buckle this trend and take on the crown or at least runner-up position?

I want BB to give us a h/mate which is NOT like Charley etc.

Somebody more like Alison, she was great.

Loukas
07-09-2008, 03:00 AM
I can't see why not :shrug: :).

markofthebeast
07-09-2008, 03:01 AM
i doubt it, britain is racist no matter what anybody says

Novo
07-09-2008, 03:09 AM
i don't think britain is racist at all

brian won??

shilpa shetty won???

we have a few idiots

but on the whole

were no where near a racist country

Locke.
07-09-2008, 03:11 AM
Well BB seem to want to stereotype Black women into people like Charley and Alex, even Sylvia had a bad personality, just not as bad as theirs.

bigbr0ther
07-09-2008, 03:24 AM
Brian won.

But then again that was only because the producers set him up for it because of the race row on CBB.

Spike
07-09-2008, 10:16 AM
I hate this topic because does it really matter?
If a black female is a brilliant housemate she will be liked and get far, if not she wont win.

Hugo
07-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Why does race have anything to do with it ?

Jackie
07-09-2008, 11:53 AM
If shes as nice as racheal than i don't see a problem with a black girl winning.

housem8
07-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by markofthebeast
i doubt it, britain is racist no matter what anybody says

Britain ain't racist, that's a whole country your talking about and remember that white women marry black women, so...:rolleyes:

I don't see why we shouldn't have a black winner one day, but as long as they are nothing like Charley - I don't mind :bored:

GiRTh
08-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I doubt if a black girl will won BB but I don't think race has anything to do with it. I think the producers pick HM's based on personality and many of the black women who have been HM's have had big personalities or put on a big personality for the selection process.

If there was a black woman who was a good non controversial HM, I think she'd do well.

Marc
08-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Interesting stats:
The number of black women in BB UK history;

BB1; 1/11 - melanie - nice but she was scheming
BB2; 1/11 - amma - personally don't think she'd ever have won BB2, with Brian and Helen there too!
BB3; 3/14 - alison - hilarious but idiot public evicted her; adele - confrontational and never gonna win against Kate, Jade, Alex, Johnny; sunita walked
BB4; 0/13 -
BB5; 0/13 -
BB6; 2/16 - makosi - well... jacuzzi; vanessa - boring!
BB7; 1/21 - dawn - smelly, ejected
BB8; 3/23 - charley - loud, confrontational but was fun; Nicky - boring/moany; shabnam - idiot
BB9; 3/21 - maysoon - walked; alex - ejected; sylvia - it went wrong for her after a few weeks

So out of 9 series' and a possible 143 housemates, only 14 housemates were black females. So thats 9.7% of the total housemates to have ever gone in that BB UK house. So no wonder a black women has never won with such a small chance of winning.

W/O Shabnam: 9.09% ( Wasn't sure of her ethnicity)
I've given reasons as to why these women could never have won

But if we're talking about ethnicity then;

BB1 winner = english MALE - liverpool
BB2 winner = irish MALE
BB3 winner = english FEMALE - london
BB4 winner = scottish MALE
BB5 winner = portuguese FEMALE(?)
BB6 winner = english MALE - newcastle
BB7 winner = english MALE - brighton
BB8 winner = english MALE (black) - essex - born in nigeria
BB9 winner = welsh FEMALE

Barbie
08-09-2008, 04:28 PM
it has nothing to do with race but looking at the black people that have gone in... Charley, Alex, Syliva they weren't nice people so no wonder they didn't get far
when we get someone with potential to get far i'm sure they will

need i go on

MarkWaldorf
08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Big Brother will always edit black women like Charley now. And as much as it shouldn't be done, a black woman will always be compared to Charley. Alexandra going in and having a temper, always in fights didn't help that BB stereotype either. Imo, it'll always be like that. Unless the woman is nice, which didn't benefit Maysoon - she just got called boring.

Marc
08-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I thought the same thing Mark, now they have benefited from charley in bb7, all black women will be made to look out like her... cos she was solid gold entertainment

GiRTh
08-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Markus
Big Brother will always edit black women like Charley now. And as much as it shouldn't be done, a black woman will always be compared to Charley. Alexandra going in and having a temper, always in fights didn't help that BB stereotype either. Imo, it'll always be like that. Unless the woman is nice, which didn't benefit Maysoon - she just got called boring. Great point Mark.:thumbs:

It's an interesting question, why was Maysoon considered to be boring yet Rachel ended up winning?

Llamajohn
08-09-2008, 09:40 PM
makosi was favourite....until she got pregnant.

on the whole (lol), the selection of black females are not the best...steretypical and just bleh.

Marc
08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
:sad: no one is acknowledging my amazing stats lol

dupin
08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Nicky was a great housemate - all the housemates & producers seemed to turn against her though, she could have done really well. Best housemate of BB8 anyway

rayheartbliss
08-09-2008, 09:56 PM
i dont see with this questiong bringing the color....

charley/alex/makosi were unpopular because of how they have been, and how they treated people.......

put someone like leona in there, then youd have your black female winner....well kinda, she is in a %

but it does make it dodggy,
sylvia--------luke

sylvia was not that bad
luke was worst than charley (well probably just the same)

but yet he still had fans (good thing not the whole nation)

at the moment, on how the judgement seems to be, i cant picture a black female winning.
unless the rest of her HMs are just bunch of trash wannabie legends!

bringbackscience
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM
If they are liked enough yes. But I struggle to see how it matters.

NettoSuperstar!
09-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Makosi could have won it if she hadnt lost the plot

Marc
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by bbE
Makosi could have won it if she hadnt lost the plot

definately lol she went coo-coo!

BigOz
18-09-2008, 12:42 AM
We're in the ages of pink coats, non-stop spenind money on purses, clothes, shoes, clothes, jewelry, make-up, clothes.

And most of young female people are like : Heya Girl! Ya know what I am talking about?

(Sorry if this is in any way offencive, I stopped myself from saying dumb b*** but that would cross the line and would probably be WAY to offensive.)

*M*a*TT*H*ew*
22-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Leona won TXF and Alisha won SCD, so that's a start!

SiaSiaSia
22-09-2008, 07:32 PM
makosi should have won IMO

30stone
24-09-2008, 12:06 AM
If they put a nice one in they havent done justice for them which who they have put in

slags like makosi .
and people who ahave geenreal bad personalities like charley alex sylvia...
and people like latoya who was a watse of space.

buuut then again.

loadsa people slated maysoon and she had a small fan base.
she done nothing really nor did rachel byut she was loved.

i suppose it was coz maysoon was pretty slim and confident

rayheartbliss
04-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by 30stone
If they put a nice one in they havent done justice for them which who they have put in

slags like makosi .
and people who ahave geenreal bad personalities like charley alex sylvia...
and people like latoya who was a watse of space.

buuut then again.

loadsa people slated maysoon and she had a small fan base.
she done nothing really nor did rachel byut she was loved.

i suppose it was coz maysoon was pretty slim and confident

lol

yerh.. i noticed..

but i didnt think sylvia was that bad

BIG-BRO-FAN
25-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry to bring a thread from last September but it makes for a good debate. I hope it does happen, Brian won in BB8.

MarkWaldorf
25-05-2009, 09:06 PM
I stand by what I posted earlier.

BigBrotherIsShite
25-05-2009, 09:09 PM
leona and alicia are not black, they are mixed race.

and also melanie isnt black, she too is mixed race.

I hate racial ignorance.

Fom
25-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by SiaSiaSia
makosi should have won IMO

Agreed

ILoveTRW
25-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I think the black bitch stereotype is to far embedded in the public's minds now

BIG-BRO-FAN
25-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Makosi was brilliant. I will always remember when she told Kemal and Vanessa she was pregnant in the Love Loft :tongue:

BBDodge
25-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Marcjswp
Interesting stats:
The number of black women in BB UK history;

BB1; 1/11 - melanie - nice but she was scheming
BB2; 1/11 - amma - personally don't think she'd ever have won BB2, with Brian and Helen there too!
BB3; 3/14 - alison - hilarious but idiot public evicted her; adele - confrontational and never going to win against Kate, Jade, Alex, Johnny; sunita walked
BB4; 0/13 -
BB5; 0/13 -
BB6; 2/16 - makosi - well... jacuzzi; vanessa - boring!
BB7; 1/21 - dawn - smelly, ejected
BB8; 3/23 - charley - loud, confrontational but was fun; Nicky - boring/moany; shabnam - idiot
BB9; 3/21 - maysoon - walked; alex - ejected; sylvia - it went wrong for her after a few weeks

Well if mixed race & Asian counts as black (and you included Mel & Sunita) then you missed Narinder BB2, Jade BB3, Anoushka BB4, Saskia BB6, Lisa BB7, Sam BB7, Kara-Louise BB8 & Kat BB9.

ILoveTRW
25-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Vanessa was Latino not black

?
25-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Everyones moaning about the lack of Black People, 2% of the United Kingdoms population is Black, so there will be alot LESS Black People auditioning, making it a very slim chance, a black person will win.

Moses1
25-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by ukturtle
BEFORE WE GO ANY FURTHER THIS IS NOT RACIST.

(just in case somebody feels I am being)

But I was just looking at all the Big Brothers and there has never been a Black girl in the Top 2 in the UK Big Brother.

In fact there has only ever been one Black Girl in a Final Week, Makosi (BB6)

and

There has only ever been 2 that have made the top 6:

Makosi (BB6) - 3rd
Melanie (BB1) - 4th evicted week 6

How come they never seem to be very liked or popular?
Alison (BB3) is an exception as she is popular, but she was evicted in week 3 of BB3 (I'm still bitter about that, she was a legend).

Will BB10 see a Black Girl which can buckle this trend and take on the crown or at least runner-up position?

I want BB to give us a h/mate which is NOT like Charley etc.

Somebody more like Alison, she was great.

The question is a bit like asking why has a gay 5'3'' bloke never been in the final? I just think a black female is a specific about a person physically and one places too much emphasis on this. A black female has never made it that far just because there is a minority of housemates who fit this criteria. Maybe 2 people maximum out of 14 are black females. That gives a small chance of having one in the final.
The less you specify, the more likely a person will be in the final.

lily.
25-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Spike
I hate this topic because does it really matter?
If a black female is a brilliant housemate she will be liked and get far, if not she wont win.

I agree.

Beastie
25-05-2009, 09:52 PM
i couldnt give a damn what race, gender, nationality, religion, sexuality, etc etc.... the housemates are!

i think 99% of the UK when voting for their favourite to win! vote because they have liked the housemate for who they are!!

and in bb6.. i wanted eugene to win!!

and nicky was allright in bb8! just moaned a bit!

hannah.
25-05-2009, 09:53 PM
this is RIDICULOUS.

Beastie
25-05-2009, 09:55 PM
however suppose nicki moaned in bb7! but she was just a legend! who was the main star of that show!!

\PJ/
25-05-2009, 09:55 PM
If she was a great HM then yes.

Charleywasmad
25-05-2009, 10:16 PM
i dont really care what ethnic group the winner belongs to or whether or not they are female. makosi, charley, alex and sylvia were all complete ****ing idiots and thats why they were disliked and disappeared from the public eye very quickly. yes there have been many more non-black idiots on the show, but year in, year out, the black female contestants seem to have been plucked from a bad bunch and have gotten a bad rap. personally, i blame channel 4 and endemol for poor representation of black woman in the big brother house.

CWM

WATERS
25-05-2009, 10:18 PM
No there attitudes stink

geoking66
25-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Why does it matter if the winner's a black girl? Either way, Makosi should have won BB6, but I'm not going into that.

hannah.
25-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by WATERS
No there attitudes stink

oh christ. paul you IDIOT

thisisme2008
25-05-2009, 10:20 PM
i'm sure one day it will happen! happens on other shows a fair bit so there is no reason why BB should be different...

Noel
25-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by ukturtle

There has never been an Irish girl in the top 2.
There has never been an Australian guy in the top 2.
There has never been an American lesbian in the top 2.
There has never been a Vietnamese triplet in the top 2.
There has never been a French taxi driver in the top 2.
There has never been an Asian OAP in the top 2.
There has never been a Norwegen paedophile in the top 2.

Shall I go through every other person who hasn't been in the top 2?

Stu
25-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Stu has never been in a Big Brother final. I demand a recount.

hannah.
25-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Stu
Stu has never been in a Big Brother final. I demand a recount.

cuz it's a fix. if you don't win this year i'm never watching again