PDA

View Full Version : Scrap BBBM and BBLB

bringbackscience
07-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I really hope they'd scrap BBBM and BBLB next year. They are both rubbish shows since Russel and Dermot left, BBBM in particular is dire.

Surely they could think of a new format show to go out in BBBM timeslot and just scrap the 6 o'clock show althogether.

Locke.
07-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Scrap Big Mouth but keep BBLB.

Llamajohn
07-09-2008, 09:39 PM
They need huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge changes I think....but there should be a spin off of some sort still.

pinkmichk
08-09-2008, 09:47 AM
unless they can get dermot and russell back i think the spin offs have run their course

WeaponX
08-09-2008, 06:36 PM
I think they should scrap Big Mouth and Diary Room Uncut and they should revamp BBLB by kicking out Zezi for good and keeping George. BBLB should then be done on C4 at 7pm weekdays with lots of new features.:thumbs:

Marc
08-09-2008, 06:37 PM
BBLB should be scrapped... from what I've seen and heard its been diabolical. But BBBM is wicked and really funny - save BBBM!

LemonJam
08-09-2008, 06:38 PM
They're both still really good in my opinion.

Spike
08-09-2008, 07:03 PM
They are both good but the producers could tweak them to make them much better
BBLB is great now and should stay maybe with a few different bits to the show.
BBBM needs a permanent presenter and maybe some tweaks to the show

liam_bigbrother
08-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Big Brother has gotten out of hand with all the sister shows they've had over the years. I think they should scrap them both and instead, have a single sister show and keep bllb presenters + 1 guest presenter every week.

BexButNotCovBex
11-09-2008, 07:29 PM
I think that BBBM should stay, i love watching them after big brother now! I only started watching very recently, so not sure what it was like before. However I think Dermot should come back to BBLB. He was amazing!

DigitalSid
12-09-2008, 12:16 AM
I think one year, maybe BB11, they should make it a quiet affair. With highlights at 10pm every night, no spin-offs, no launch show, low key evictions, etcetera. They're more likely to bring in viewers for the show if it's a low key series that garners up lots of interest because of the choice of housemates than if it's an all guns blazing "we think everyone's watching, but really, no one is" type series.

bexx
12-09-2008, 12:34 AM
i like bm this year but they should get just one presenter there was a couple of good ones that could deff take it on full time, i use to love bblb but that is rubbish now that should go i think.

Brekkie
14-09-2008, 05:01 PM
They both need revamping but shouldn't be scrapped - they'd only be replaced with similar shows under different names.

BBLB could go from strength to strength under George, but they need a bit more quality control on their guests - and much more behind the scenes features.

Big Mouth needs a permanent host - Jack Whitehall - so they can make the show their own. I'd also air it Mon-Thu. The eviction should be the climax of Friday night, with E4 switching straight to live streaming afterwards.

Arneldo
14-09-2008, 05:05 PM
They really just need a permanent host for Big Mouth. I'd say Jack Whitehal or Ricky/Melvin. Also - no need for it to air evert night. I'd say three time a week at most.

BBLB, well if they are gonna keep George they need to work on giving him a personality.

Tom
15-09-2008, 12:22 AM
- Bring back EFourum, Iain Lee to present that with her off that radio show. The audience is too 'Jeremy Kyle' these days on BBBM
- Get rid of BBLB and George, replace it with BBLS (sister :tongue:) and the Flack to host
- Zezi and/or George to present Big Ears, I think they'd be better without a script. I listened to about 5 minutes of Big Ears throughout the whole of BB9, Zezi happened to be presenting the one I listened to and she was quite good

Stentionhouse
15-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Something needs to happen. Both were dreadful this time round...particularly BBLB.

DigitalSid
16-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I personally think they should axe both and come up with something new.

Nutters22000
17-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Maybe have longer BB highlights shows instead of the other programmes.

DigitalSid
20-09-2008, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Nutters22000
Maybe have longer BB highlights shows instead of the other programmes.

Not enough happens to fill them though. Sometimes (especially during BB8 and later BB7) they were really dull because of this.

Annie
20-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Since Dermot left I didnt watch BBLB but I heard it has gone right down the tubes which doesnt surprise me.
BBBM was good with Russell Brand and I liked how it was the one presenter all the time that you would follow the BB series with. Since he left and they have had a different person in every week - it just got too much and too silly a lot of the time. A lot of it ended up not even discussing BB at all.
I think they might keep all the sister shows for next year as its year 10 and thats like a full series. Big One Zero and all that jazz but hopefully after that if they carry the show on and it is still popular they will introduce brand new shows and good presenters who the public and viewing audience will enjoy to watch.

Stentionhouse
20-09-2008, 08:58 PM
They don't need to be scrapped...but they do each need one permanent presenter. Caroline Flack for BBLB and Michael McIntyre for BBBM, maybe.

DigitalSid
28-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Stentionhouse
They don't need to be scrapped...but they do each need one permanent presenter. Caroline Flack for BBLB and Michael McIntyre for BBBM, maybe.

I think Caroline should replace Davina personally. They can always get Alex Zane or one of the other competant channel 4 presenters to do it.

rayheartbliss
28-09-2008, 05:08 PM
bb on the couch i thought was fun...
i think they should have that back.....

and i think they should keep both...but they realy need permanet hosts...

DigitalSid
30-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by rayheartbliss
bb on the couch i thought was fun...
i think they should have that back.....

and i think they should keep both...but they realy need permanet hosts...

If it was anything like big brain, it's better off staying axed.

They have 4 options imo.

Scrap them,

Scrap one

Replace them

or

revamp them

They'd have to be completely stupid to do none of these things.

Matt
30-09-2008, 07:37 PM
I'd like Caroline Flack for BBLB and Jack Whitehall for BBBM. Not that they'll ever hire a permanent presenter for the latter :laugh:

bee-ash
30-09-2008, 07:38 PM
ow i like these spin off shows
i hope they just stay

that big brother on the couch was crap
i didnt watch it, i thought it was nonsence the way they make the housemates look bad on things like; the way they put their hands on their head.....