PDA

View Full Version : Should BB10 Be The Year Of Breaking Stereotypes?

Benjamin
08-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Each year BB seems to get more controversial and find the wackiest/unsusual people out there.

But for BB10 should they, unlike what they usually do, find people that break stereotypes

Maybe a gay man that is one of the straightest men around?

A Chav who is kind and polite

A hot man who does not realise he is hot, funny, nice

A bitchy girl who is actually secretly nice and secretly looks out for the quiter people, but hides behind bitchiness so people hate her?

I would like to see BB start breaking down society's stereotypes and I would be interested in watching how these people are stereotyped as something but they act far from the stereotype.

Does anyone agree and if yes any stereotypes you would like to see Broken next year in BB?

rayheartbliss
08-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by ukturtle
Each year BB seems to get more controversial and find the wackiest/unsusual people out there.

A bitchy girl who is actually secretly nice and secretly looks out for the quiter people, but hides behind bitchiness so people hate her?

those, but people might only WANT to think that they are that....even if they are not.....

yerh..but the stereotype isnt that massive, but yerh...in fairness there shouldnt be....but i mean, there are a lot pf people watching and sum are ***** so this might not get avoided...

id like to see normal people in the house, you..like people youd usually see around....

LemonJam
08-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I really want to see originality in the contestants next year.

LemonJam
08-09-2008, 07:44 PM
And someone representing young bisexuals.

rayheartbliss
08-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by LemonJam
I really want to see originality in the contestants next year.

well, everyone expect that every year...but the thing is there just people, things just goes along....so big brother will just be lucky if they can put right mixture of people.

Novo
08-09-2008, 07:50 PM
just 16 normal people will do

:thumbs:

Benjamin
08-09-2008, 07:53 PM
I just want them to put a gay man in which is not the stereotypical gay man (camp, flouncey, high-pitched like Brian, Kemal, Derek etc.).

They tried once with Seany, but my god he was so dull!

I know loads of gay men (myself included) who are not the stereotype.

Novo
08-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I just want them to put a gay man in which is not the stereotypical gay man (camp, flouncey, high-pitched like Brian, Kemal, Derek etc.).

james mcfadden who plays for scotland the perfect example of this

you would never think in a million years he's gay

Indierock&roll
08-09-2008, 09:06 PM
i think just put it NORMAL people like different ages but like some around the same age aswell like but not really old people thats annoying.. and just put them through for being normall because i like to find out what there like and see if they become b*tchy or really funny but not like so you already know there wierd from the auditions so automatically favourate to win just normall people!!

NettoSuperstar!
09-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Thats a great idea...and also noone boring would be nice

Marc
09-09-2008, 11:14 AM
chav who is polite = kenzie
gay who is straight = dale LOL :tongue:

yeah bring in new types of people!:wink:

BapStar
09-09-2008, 08:13 PM
The contestants create the stereotypes by exagerating

Sam!
09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't mind. Cause like this year the housemates weren't all "out there" but overall were a brilliant bunch. And you will never find a chav with good manners and whatever. Hense in my opinion the meaning of chav.. is a yobbish c**k with no care over anything or anyone elsee and have noo fashion sense.

bigbr0ther
09-09-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm gonna have to say no simply because I don't think it would be as interesting.

But for BB10 should they, unlike what they usually do, find people that break stereotypes

Then just put a straight man on.

But then he wouldn't be a chav anymore...

Wasn't this Dale?

Good luck finding one. Why would she intentionally try to make herself hated?

Benjamin
10-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Scampi
I don't mind. Cause like this year the housemates weren't all "out there" but overall were a brilliant bunch. And you will never find a chav with good manners and whatever. Hense in my opinion the meaning of chav.. is a yobbish c**k with no care over anything or anyone elsee and have noo fashion sense.

see a stereotype there on chavs. Lets see it broken.

cocopops
17-05-2009, 09:32 PM
i love this idea. it would be so interesting to see the way they are treated based on their stereotype in comparison to there actual personality. maybe i like this coz im quite a good looking sod and folk always assume im a stuck up ahole and dont give me a chance, when in reality im actually a nice shy quiet person :)

Patrick
17-05-2009, 09:51 PM
:D
Yeah like a fitt ginger! Never see that...

BB10 will be amazing

lightyears
17-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by .Andy.

james mcfadden who plays for scotland the perfect example of this

you would never think in a million years he's gay

is James MvFadden a gayer? oh good stuff, hes fit lol

i agree i would love a non stereotypical gay guy, they always stick some mincin queer boy in and it makes me cringe, no wonder we get a bad image lol