PDA

View Full Version : When should it start?

DigitalSid
19-09-2008, 11:11 PM
I think June again to try and avoid a launch as washed out as this year's finale and on a Friday or Saturday so we have the weekend to get used to the housemates before we go back to the work.

WeaponX
20-09-2008, 07:18 AM
I would like a BB series to fit in perfectly with my school holidays so I think a July the 3rd launch and a 7th of September finale, I also think that it should be around this length anyway.:thumbs:

DigitalSid
20-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by WeaponX
I would like a BB series to fit in perfectly with my school holidays so I think a July the 3rd launch and a 7th of September finale, I also think that it should be around this length anyway.:thumbs:

I don't think it should in september. X factor and SCD could have started by then and taken BB's thunder. But I like the length choice, 9 weeks right?

WeaponX
21-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by DigitalSid
Originally posted by WeaponX

I don't think it should in september. X factor and SCD could have started by then and taken BB's thunder. But I like the length choice, 9 weeks right?
It worked quite well this year, so why not next?:conf:

Spike
21-09-2008, 12:21 PM
I would like a series run from March to May
but realistically I would like a June launch with the finale end of August.

Markymark
21-09-2008, 11:15 PM
You could be on to something. Have it before summer so they don't spend as much time outside and get more frustrated = more arguements.

*M*a*TT*H*ew*
22-09-2008, 07:18 PM
If it is going to be for 13 weeks (:conf2:) then it must start at the very beginning of May, and it should anyway, so it can be so fresh in people's minds, and so that it isn't seen as a "last option" once BGT or The Apprentice end on big highs.

DigitalSid
24-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by *M*a*TT*H*ew*
If it is going to be for 13 weeks (:conf2:) then it must start at the very beginning of May, and it should anyway, so it can be so fresh in people's minds, and so that it isn't seen as a "last option" once BGT or The Apprentice end on big highs.

But surely if it's too soon after CBB, people will just think "it only just finished!"? End of May yeah, but I think early May be a little too soon.

MrGaryy
24-09-2008, 02:50 AM
I think early June would be best then 11 weeks long so it would end mid-August. If they plan to launch in May, they should do it early like BB7 (May 18).

Are you the same DigitalSid from DS?

DigitalSid
25-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Gazbo
I think early June would be best then 11 weeks long so it would end mid-August. If they plan to launch in May, they should do it early like BB7 (May 18).

Yeah, why?

Stentionhouse
25-09-2008, 09:46 PM
It should start tomorrow with 88 housemates and last 42 weeks :wink:

_Seth
25-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Other - Now. :)

Tom
26-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I don't think we'll ever have a May launch ever again if ITV keep BGT around that time

Conor
26-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Mid June - Mid August

(Roughly around June 15th - August 20th, 9 weeks)

I also think it would be interesting to have a late September/October launch though and see what BB can come up with for Christmas and Halloween.

DigitalSid
27-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Conor
Mid June - Mid August

I also think it would be interesting to have a late September/October launch though and see what BB can come up with for Christmas and Halloween.

But then CBB would start soon after it ends?

They can still do halloween and christmas related tasks if the show's in the summer.

MrGaryy
27-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Gazbo

Yeah, why?

Just wondering!

BB_Eye
28-09-2008, 12:20 AM
I would rather it started in mid-May and finished in mid/late August. Big Brother just isn't Big Brother without the summer heat.

rayheartbliss
28-09-2008, 12:21 AM
now please :D

Indierock&roll
28-09-2008, 12:23 AM
may.. like last week of may like they used to
and end in like mid august

rayheartbliss
28-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Indierock&roll

yerh i think thats the best time....

KKBL
28-09-2008, 10:36 AM
June 4th

DigitalSid
02-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Indierock&roll

It used to start in July, but I guess that wouldn't work anymore with the ridiculous 13 week runs.

liam_bigbrother
15-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Big Brother is a summer show and it wouldn't feel the same in any other time of year. I hated it ending in September. It really depends on other shows like BGT but ideally i would like it to start in the end of may/ early june but shorten the show slightly.

JOSHUAH!
15-10-2008, 06:08 PM
I'd love a winter series that ended on like Christmas Eve!
All the house really christmassy, red and gree, tree's, snow. :lovedup:

*mazedsalv**
15-10-2008, 06:14 PM
It should start mid May, and last for 11 weeks.

Ninastar
15-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Like right now

Conor
15-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Mid June - Mid August

They can still do halloween and christmas related tasks if the show's in the summer.

Who's to say there needs to be a Celeb series. Surely people could survive without one for a year? And if not they could sick it on for a few weeks during the summer. I also think it would be better to actually watch Christmas and Halloween tasks on the actual dates. They could use twists and play games much more effectively. But maybe thats just me.

I still think it would be really good to have a September/October launch

:bigsmile:

Red Moon
15-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Mid June running through to late August giving us a run of about 9-10 weeks maximum.

The recent 13 week runs are far too long.

se2n
16-10-2008, 06:26 PM
recon july would be best cus then done my exams and actually have a chance of getting on the show without runing my grades :)

DigitalSid
18-10-2008, 03:51 AM
Mid June - Mid August

Who's to say there needs to be a Celeb series. Surely people could survive without one for a year? And if not they could sick it on for a few weeks during the summer. I also think it would be better to actually watch Christmas and Halloween tasks on the actual dates. They could use twists and play games much more effectively. But maybe thats just me.

I still think it would be really good to have a September/October launch

:bigsmile:

Channel 4 have paid for 2 celeb bbs (well 3, but one got cancelled for hijack and made them broke). Therefore they must give them them.

Would be a cool idea to switch them around 1 year maybe, but I can't see the housemates agreeing to spending christmas in the house lol. Plus it would mean 2 'normal' BB series straight after each other.