PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back the Atmosphere!

_Seth
25-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I've noticed that since after Big Brother 5 there has been less and less atmosphere (and I gotto say BB8 really killed it).

What I mean by "atmosphere" is the simple things, like the general tone and mood of the house (colours and all), the fact that in BB5 the seating area was in a complete circle, so it would be really awkward and kinda uncomfortable during nominations - this year and last year, they don't have to all sit at the seating area whilst nominating.

The actual tone of Big Brother's voice is also a big part, it seems to have slacked, over the years and become more... casual. The voice of BB when Alex was being called into the diary room to be removed in BB9 was absolutely spot on! It should be like that all the time. When I also watched an old BB series video of an eviction, the countdown and voice was so... cold, chilling and didn't have an ounce of mercy/emotion in it.

The slight chilling/creepy feeling really needs to be brought back, IMO. :thumbs:

Thoughts?

sammyboi
26-09-2008, 07:43 AM
i agree with everything uv said, i used to love the creepy eviction voice

*mazedsalv**
26-09-2008, 07:46 AM
I agree too.
And in BB5, it seemes like the eviction crowd actually cared about the show, and werent there just to chant.

Matt
26-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Phlip
this year and last year, they don't have to all sit at the seating area whilst nominating.

I believe this is due to the smoking ban - the housemates can't smoke indoors now, so the producers can't force them to stay indoors for long periods.

I do agree about the colder, harsher attitude though. :)

Tom
26-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I kind of agree. They should all be sat down throughout nominations, but they should be given a 10 minute break every hour to go to the toilet, go for a smoke etc then its back to sitting down and nominating.

I don't agree with the tone of BB's voice though. I think it should be authoritative but if its always very serious, then what happens in really serious situations? In past years they've been answering back to BB, calling BB etc and that probably won't change, so eventually BB would become a laughing stock and a serious tone of voice in a serious situation wouldn't mean anything if it was always like that.

BB_Eye
27-09-2008, 03:57 AM
I didn't mind BB turning a little bit less cold with BB6 and later (although I agree it did have its downsides). But what bugged me about BB7 and the seasons after that was how the house no longer felt like a house and felt more like a soundstage or a studio. By consequence, it made the housemates look more and more like actors if that makes any sense.

Annie
27-09-2008, 08:37 AM
I agree with BB_Eye. The last couple of series its been all about the housemates and what they want to do with their time in the house, do you remember back to the earlier series and BB wouldn't show any housemates singing as it could mean they were hoping someone would view and they might get a record deal? Or something like that? Well now they are allowed to sing all day every day!

And everything is like a stage, HMs dont seem to want to be there for the experience anymore.. its always what they can get afterwards. They care about the eviction and the best bits.. they are concentrating so much on what it will be like getting out that they are not just living up the BB experience and dare I say "Atmosphere".

BB should go back to basics and just wipe the floor with them. If anyone in BB 1,2 or 3 had acted like Alex or Dennis this year it would have been HELL! I mean look what "nasty nick" got kicked out for, compared to later years that is NOTHING!

BB needs to get the authority back and stop getting complete attention seekers on the show who just want a quick and easy way into the newspapers.

_Seth
27-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by BB_Eye
I didn't mind BB turning a little bit less cold with BB6 and later (although I agree it did have its downsides). But what bugged me about BB7 and the seasons after that was how the house no longer felt like a house and felt more like a soundstage or a studio. By consequence, it made the housemates look more and more like actors if that makes any sense. Didn't seem that way, to me.

rayheartbliss
27-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I didn't mind BB turning a little bit less cold with BB6 and later (although I agree it did have its downsides). But what bugged me about BB7 and the seasons after that was how the house no longer felt like a house and felt more like a soundstage or a studio. By consequence, it made the housemates look more and more like actors if that makes any sense.

i think its because since bb6 the wannabies started entering....specislly in bb8 -.-

bb7 thankfully felt like the old bb, but becuase of the house, it made different atmosphere....

but i think their just trying to say low of budget ^,^
so their making the house more simple....

Marsh.
27-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by rayheartbliss

i think its because since bb6 the wannabies started entering....specislly in bb8 -.-

bb7 thankfully felt like the old bb, but becuase of the house, it made different atmosphere....

but i think their just trying to say low of budget ^,^
so their making the house more simple....

More simple? The houses are more extravagent and funky designs nowadays! The houses 'back in the day' were a lot more simple.

jaybitches
08-05-2009, 08:35 PM
bump
And i agree with everthing in that thread