PDA

View Full Version : Chat room?

Princess Pink Pants
24-05-2002, 10:06 PM
Why cant I get the chat room to work??!

I click on it and a screen comes up tellin me to press sum button whcih is nowhere to be seen! & thats it!!

How do I get it to work? Is that where every1 is? Coz theres not as much posting goin on as I would expect!

Kaz
24-05-2002, 10:08 PM
No, we're not in the Chat Room, Princess - because I can't get in either! :bawling:

Mark - is there a problem with it because it keeps saying that I'm banned! How rude! :shocked:

Princess Pink Pants
26-05-2002, 01:49 PM
Whens the chat room gonna be fixed?!

Kaz
26-05-2002, 01:53 PM
It seems to be working fine, Princess - it's even letting me in now! :laugh:

Click on the Chat bar on the main forum page - A screen will come up with the press the 'X' button below to enter - below that is a grey box with 3 white windows. The toolbar is at the top of the grey box, and you should find the 'X' button at the top left.

Hope that's clear! :colour: :spin2: :colour:

LEE
26-05-2002, 01:54 PM
The chat room is working fine even though I don't think there is anyone in there at the mo.

Are you sure you are going into the right one.

The one that was originally posted up on here ages ago is not the one we are currently using. To link to the correct one you need to go to the main site and use the link there.

:flower:

Princess Pink Pants
26-05-2002, 01:56 PM
I used the link from the main page and a page comes up that says 'click the button below to connect but theres NOTHING below at all, defitenly no buttons to click!

I just tried again and its still not workin! Why?

Kaz
26-05-2002, 01:59 PM
It's definitely working, Princess - I'm in it just now speaking to BigSister!

I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the button you need to click on. Are you getting the grey square with the white boxes in it?

Princess Pink Pants
26-05-2002, 02:01 PM
Nope, I just see the bit tellin me to click the button below, but underneath there is absolutely nothing! Just blankness!

Im confused!???????

Kaz
26-05-2002, 02:17 PM
Sorry, Princess. I've been discussing your problem with LEE and we think you need to install some sort of 'plug in' on your machine before you can see the chat layout ........ but unfortunately we don't know which one. :bawling:

Leave it with us - hopefully we will be able to sort your problem soon. :thumbs:

Princess Pink Pants
26-05-2002, 02:18 PM
I dont understand, Ive never had any probs with any other chat rooms?????

Princess Pink Pants
27-05-2002, 06:47 PM
Its still not workin! Any ideas why?

Princess Pink Pants
16-06-2002, 08:58 PM
Its still not workin!!

Am I the only 1 having probs?

Has any1 figured out whats up with it yet?

LEE
16-06-2002, 09:01 PM
It's working fine Princess, I'm in there now.

Princess Pink Pants
17-06-2002, 09:05 PM
Ive just tried it again and its still not working though!

LEE
17-06-2002, 09:07 PM
I'll try now Princess, but I have never had a problem logging in.

I'm not sure what to suggest other than what Kaz and I said last time that we think you don't have a plug-in on your machine that you need.

Hang on I'll try and log in there now.

LEE
17-06-2002, 09:09 PM
Yep, I'm logged in fine. maybe other people could try and log in.

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/chat.php

and we'll see if anyone else has a prob.

:flower:

Princess Pink Pants
17-06-2002, 09:14 PM
Any1 know any plugins that are sometimes needed for chat rooms?
Ive never had probs with any other chat rooms so I have no idea!

LEE
17-06-2002, 09:21 PM
Princess, is this the screen that you see when you try and get into the chat room?

Do you see the button I have arrowed here or not? If you do, what happens when you click on it?

LEE
17-06-2002, 09:24 PM
The only other thing that Kaz and I can think of is that you are not giving it long enough to load, cos it does take a little while to come up initially.

Princess Pink Pants
18-06-2002, 10:30 AM
I see the bit where it says 'press the button' but that box below it is not there!

I just tried again and left it to load while I went to the toilet and then got myself a drink, but still nothing! Lol!

Do people go in there a lot? Am I missing much?