PDA

View Full Version : Spots on your face..

Zambezi-Riverdance
09-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I remember having terrible acne at school and it bothered me so bad. I was told not to pick the spots as that can cause scars later on in life but I couldn't help it cause they itched.

Does anyone at Tibb have spots/acne and if so, how do you deal with it and how do other people treat you?

Many people get bullied and name called because of spots.

Conzors
09-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I have one or two on my chin.

*Gets Concealer*

All Gone =]

Locke.
09-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't get any :thumbs2:

Annie
09-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Haha spotty! :tongue:

Xander
09-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by David_Purdy

Well arn't you lucky, although you might do later....

I used to have bad acne like a couple of months ago, it did eventually go was sooo painful and uncomfortable, Now my skin is clear and do occasionaly get the odd spot, but only normal.

Hugo
09-10-2008, 06:22 PM
ew

Ross
09-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Didn't get many.
I still don't, the odd few.
I tend to get them on my back more?

hannah.
09-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by David_Purdy

I have a single blackhead at the moment, but that's because i left my makeup on for 2 nights. I'm gross.
but yeah i know im incredibly lucky

Nicky.
09-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't get many at all, my friends were talking about it in PE last week xD

They get quite alot tbh.. so Im pretty lucky (:

Tom4784
09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Ross
Didn't get many.

Oh I'm like that.

Zambezi-Riverdance
09-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Dezzy
Originally posted by Ross
Didn't get many.

Oh I'm like that.

I had them mostly on my face but also on the top of my back/shoulders. I hated them.

Tom
09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
I never used to get them that much and still don't. Just the odd one

Z
09-10-2008, 07:01 PM
I've got bad acne, it's not fun but I don't let it get to me too much. I've never had anybody say anything cruel to me about it; bar Shaun online (you so and so..) but in real life, absolutely nothing. I think it depends on how much you let it affect you, I guess.

Princess
09-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I get a few spots but apprentley you can't even notice them.

DamonJ
09-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't get spots too much either =)

bronaaaa
09-10-2008, 07:34 PM
I've never had spots *touches wood*

Sod_James
09-10-2008, 07:35 PM
I was quite lucky growing up. i didnt get them that bad unlike my brothers. they like propper had them well bad.

i only had a few little ones.

DamonJ
09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Zambezi-Riverdance YOU BITCH!
i just got a spot while entering the thread under my eyebrow! :bawling:

Tom
09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh something also worth noting that might make some people feel better is that a spot is NEVER as bad as it looks, it just looks bad because its you that has it

SiaSiaSia
09-10-2008, 07:38 PM
I had acne. It was quite bad - it was on my forehead and the thing is they're all really big sores... it was awful. I also had braces and glasses.. :P.
Hmm, I went to the doctor anyway and they gave me some cream, but i used to have this nervous compulsive disorder where I used to scratch my skin so it used to be awfully slow to work.
My skin is alright at the moment - I stopped using foundation and I kind of stablized and got a bit older and now I have mostly okay skin, give or take the odd blemish...

Originally posted by Z
I've got bad acne, it's not fun but I don't let it get to me too much. I've never had anybody say anything cruel to me about it; bar Shaun online (you so and so..) but in real life, absolutely nothing. I think it depends on how much you let it affect you, I guess.

Yeah, I never really spoke about it so no-one really mentioned (though this one guy was like to me "you have spots all over your back" at swimming. pfft. and i was like a size 8 at the time and mega toned.. and he noticed that. :( )
I think you're gorgeous, anyway, Z :)

hannah.
09-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Oh something also worth noting that might make some people feel better is that a spot is NEVER as bad as it looks, it just looks bad because its you that has it

also never point them out to people. when i have one i go "OH NO IVE GOT A SPOT"
and they're like *peer at face* OH YEAH!

Zambezi-Riverdance
09-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by DamonJ
Zambezi-Riverdance YOU BITCH!
i just got a spot while entering the thread under my eyebrow! :bawling:

It wasn't me, I promise :joker:

marctierman
09-10-2008, 08:15 PM
I get shaving spots sometimess and I get them on my forhead sometimes from hair product.

But yeah, they all eventually go so there's no point worrying about it if you have them :/

supernoodles!
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM
erm i get break outs now and again,i dont get one i get about 50 lol but normally ive got ok skin

Xander
09-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Z

Aww, It honestly doesn't look bad at all, there are people who have it really really bad.
You'll get over it, it's just part of grownng up :D

Lauren
09-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Always had good skin, and only the occasional spot that usually leaves quickly. I've been lucky in terms of that.

Xander
09-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Lauren
Always had good skin, and only the occasional spot that usually leaves quickly. I've been lucky in terms of that.

God thanks for making the people suffer feel bad! :tongue::bigsmile:

Tom
09-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by marctierman
I get shaving spots sometimess and I get them on my forhead sometimes from hair product.

But yeah, they all eventually go so there's no point worrying about it if you have them :/

I get them if I use shaving foam- so I can't use it! :joker:

I also get them on the back of my neck as well from time to time and they KILL. Apparently thats because of not washing shampoo off properly or something.

A good idea though for people who get them is to get a face exfoliant like a Neutrogena one or something, do that every night (not morning as the bottle says) then wash off really well and put germolene over any spots/red areas.

Don't do the toothpaste thing, spots go all rubbery and shiny and it kind of ruins your skin for a short time as well

*waits for Hannah's response* :bored:

AngRemembered
09-10-2008, 09:50 PM
this reminds me once when I was out shopping and I saw this woman waiting for a bus who had a photo of Mauritius stuck on her cheek, I couldnt help but ask why and she simply told me "well its a beauty spot" :laugh3:

Xander
09-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Tom

A good idea though for people who get them is to get a face exfoliant like a Neutrogena one or something, do that every night (not morning as the bottle says) then wash off really well and put germolene over any spots/red areas.

Don't do the toothpaste thing, spots go all rubbery and shiny and it kind of ruins your skin for a short time as well

But It really depends on how sensitive your skin is, I mean some things work for some people and some things do, what I found is that skin become use to these products and didn't actually work in the end, some stuff being Q, Quinnederm? That burned my skin, it was horrible. :bawling:
In the end antibiotics cleared everything up, they actually do work, good results.

Tom
09-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Xander
Originally posted by Tom

But It really depends on how sensitive your skin is, I mean some things work for some people and some things do, what I found is that skin become use to these products and didn't actually work in the end, some stuff being Q, Quinnederm? That burned my skin, it was horrible. :bawling:
In the end antibiotics cleared everything up, they actually do work, good results.

The one I said is actually quite mild and is for sensitive skin

KawaiiSakura1
10-10-2008, 02:32 AM
i have quite alot of blackheads but they not to noticeable Thank god:whistle:

hannah.
10-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Tom

I get them if I use shaving foam- so I can't use it! :joker:

I also get them on the back of my neck as well from time to time and they KILL. Apparently thats because of not washing shampoo off properly or something.

I wasn't even going to say it!
Good tips thomas, you should always use facial washing products at night because your skin regenerates overnight and if there's dirt in your pores thats how you get spots!

Kate..
10-10-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm quite lucky. I only get r eally bad spots if I start eating really badly. I get them mostly over my nose.

I just wash my face with soap and water and so nothing else. Sometimes i wash them with toothpaste, that really works!

But i never use concealer or any wipes. I've heard too many stories!

supernoodles!
10-10-2008, 09:22 AM
also remeber to change your pillow cases and bed sheets regularly

pinkmichk
10-10-2008, 10:34 AM
i used to get quite a few as a teen now hardly any but when i do i use tea tree stuff on them which works wonders

Fom
10-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I only get spots when I am stressed out... I get quite bad black heads though on my nose...