PDA

View Full Version : Claustrophobia in the Diary Room

_Seth
12-10-2008, 12:23 PM
I've been thinking that if I was a BB HM, I'd probably be really very reluctant to actually go in the Diary Room, since I have claustrophobia. Think about it, it's a very small room and you're usually always alone.

What would really freak me out would be when they say "The Diary Room door is now unlocked", or if I hear the lock closing, because I'd know I've been LOCKED in there. I'd get really paranoid something would go wrong and I'd be trapped in there. I'm terrified to use lifts.

Views?

MrGaryy
12-10-2008, 12:25 PM
It's much bigger than it looks on TV, we only see a small portion of it.

_Seth
12-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I can picture the size of it, and I've seen where the front wall that the HMs look at is.

Annie
12-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Its actually quite a big room when you see all views of it.
You would or should be fine in there

Lauren
12-10-2008, 12:32 PM
The whole house might trigger the claustrophobia then? Not the size, because the phobia subconsciously isn't the small space it's the sense of being trapped - which is essentially what the house is?

Ninastar
12-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Phlip
I've been thinking that if I was a BB HM, I'd probably be really very reluctant to actually go in the Diary Room, since I have claustrophobia. Think about it, it's a very small room and you're usually always alone.

What would really freak me out would be when they say "The Diary Room door is now unlocked", or if I hear the lock closing, because I'd know I've been LOCKED in there. I'd get really paranoid something would go wrong and I'd be trapped in there. I'm terrified to use lifts.

Views?

Omg i am the same. I would be all like hi big brother and all smiley and then i hear a click and i would be like OH MY GOD LET ME OUT ! ughh it freaks me out just thinking of it!:conf2::sad::blush2:

_Seth
12-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ninostar
Originally posted by Phlip

Views?

Omg i am the same. I would be all like hi big brother and all smiley and then i hear a click and i would be like OH MY GOD ME OUT ! ughh it freaks me out just thinking of it!:conf2::sad::blush2: :laugh3::laugh3::laugh2:

Fom
12-10-2008, 03:35 PM
If you were claustrophobic in the diary room then you would be claustrophobic in the whole house...

Locke.
12-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I'd be in the Diary Room as much as possible tbh, i'd get bored very easily talking to others and I find it funny how BB just ignore the questions in the diary room. From watching though it does seem like BB do take a few minutes to speak back to the housemates. Anyway, my reply has nothing to do with claustrophobia so feel free to just skip it.

_Seth
12-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Fom
If you were claustrophobic in the diary room then you would be claustrophobic in the whole house... Not really. The diary room is a very small room, and door is always locked electronically.

Ninastar
12-10-2008, 04:20 PM
lol. I was saying to my friends like a month or 2 ago about how i would go in the dairy room cause it would feel so cool to talk to big brother. But thinking about it i would only be able to go with one person and i would make them go far away ( well as far as possible ) and i get to sit in the chair !! :eureka::eureka::eureka: :tongue::tongue::tongue:

M X
08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah. I seem to remember a girl in the 2002 bb, she didn't get on with Jade (weirdly, she was asian) and she left early on because she was claustrophobic.

Glenn.
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
I was surprised with the size of thi years Diary Room, although it looked small from the camera view, the view from outside was quite big if tha makes sense?