PDA

View Full Version : Makeup Tips

hannah.
14-10-2008, 04:36 PM
For all us girls [and boys, if they like], to share tips with eachother, what we think of products, brands, and so on..

so,
GOGOGO

Annie
14-10-2008, 04:40 PM
I wear anti age foundation - have done since I was 16 and its really good for your skin as has a moisturiser in it too! Maxfactor Age Renew!

bronaaaa
14-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Elizabeth Arden is good :cheer:

DamonJ
14-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Annie
I wear anti age foundation - have done since I was 16 and its really good for your skin as has a moisturiser in it too! Maxfactor Age Renew!

YAHHH MEK ME LUK LYKE A CHEEKI GURRL

hannah.
14-10-2008, 04:47 PM
I normally spend loads of money on particular types of makeup, like foundation and mascara, and I normally wear MAC face&body foundation or their full coverage compact one, but I left my makeup bag at a friend's house over the weekend and I can't see her until Friday so I bought another one just now. I got NYC creme to powder foundation because it's the same kind as the MAC full coverage one, and it was £3.99 so I was expecting it to be pretty crap but it's actually really good! I'm so surprised

Also, seriously girls use a foundation brush if you don't already, it makes it stay on for longer and just looks smoother and nicer. And I bought a QVS eyteshadow brush yesterday because it was in the bargain bin at superdrug for £1 [it's normally £3 i think] and it works really well to apply foundation to those irritating bits like eyelids, under eyes and the edges of the nose

_Seth
14-10-2008, 04:47 PM
I predict a fight.

Mark my words.

xDramatick
14-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Eyeliner<3

hannah.
14-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Phlip
I predict a fight.

Mark my words.

why?

Annie
14-10-2008, 04:59 PM
I also use foundation brushes and a eyeshadow brush for my eye area.
I use Bourjois waterproof EASY mascara. I think it was about £10.99 or something like that and its amazing for volume and then to define my lashes on top of that I use Rimmel Glam Eyes Mid night black £6.99. Just like a good wee mix.
I use Barry M Intense Black Eye liner Pen which I have used for the last 4 or 5 years and wouldnt go back to a regular pencil ever again. It is £3.95.
I use benefit cheek tint for blusher cant remember how much it is but if you order lots of Benefit make up and order it from america you can get it a lot cheaper.
On my lips I use a concealor stick and clear lip gloss to get them really light coloured. The clear gloss I use just now is Rimmel Vinyl Gloss.

Kate..
14-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I don't really use make up, my eyes are quite small, so eye shadow isn't even visible and eye liner makes them look even smaller. Mascara doesn't really make much difference cause my lashes are quite long anyway. Liquid eye liner looks really nice though but I can't do it to save my life so I just save it for parties and let loukas do it (he's freakishly talented at it!) and then I don't wear lipstick cause my lips are quite a good colour anyway lol.

I'm quite lucky I don't have to bother with it in the mornings.

supernoodles!
14-10-2008, 05:10 PM
fave foundations

on a budget:maybelline wonderfinish foundation £5.99,fantastic considering the price and great for everyday use.Don`t use it anymore but I swore by this for about 4 years.I think the choice of shades is great too and its a liquid,liquid foundations give the best coverage imo

slightly more expensive:benefit,benefit,benefit,i love this brand,it is quite pricey but it is so worth it,beleive me if you haven`t tried it you will love it.The packaging is so cute too!I used from fiction liquid foundation in volume 5 becuase im quite dark,its amazing,seriously and it last quite a long time,as do all benefit prouducts if you used them correctly.

another benefit foundation i love is 'some-kinda-gorgeous' it too is amazing especially for oily skin and also if you want a perfect amount of coverage but dont want to actually feel like your wearing make up.I personally do (dont ask why) but if you like to feel natural and like your make up light then i would go for this.It doesn`t last as long as from fiction but the packaging is prettier:blush2: and its a cream to powder foundation so its a two in one meaning your skin feels really silky when you wear it.Its benefits best selling foundation so all those people can`t be wrong!

Those are my three favourite foundations although others i have tried which haven`t been bad are Bourjois 10hr sleep effect,its good value for money,and it does illuminate your face a little bit and i did think it made me look fresher faced.The only thing is,if your any darker than me i wouldn`t bother with any bourjois foundations becuase they all seem to be in pretty light shades-dont know why:shrug:everyones pale in France or something?lol

Application wise I wouldn`t use a brush,i think sponges are much better becuase they give a smoother aplication.There cheaper to replace as well meaning you can buy new ones all the time wheras you`d need to buy a really decent quality make up brush to get a good finish.Obviously I wash all my brushes but id rather just replace my sponges frequently than keep using the same brush.Its also fine to use fingertips too just make sure there clean obviously and if you have a decent foundation in the right shade you cant go wrong,obviously if you were working on a client you`d have to use a sponge or brush but otherwise its up to you.

I think you should always spend the most you can on your foundation and then go for maybe cheaper eyeshadows,lip glosses,mascaras becuase whats the point having a great looking blusher if your foundation is ****?

supernoodles!
14-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I use Bourjois waterproof EASY mascara. I think it was about £10.99 or something like that and its amazing for volume and then to define my lashes on top of that I use Rimmel Glam Eyes Mid night black £6.99. Just like a good wee mix.
I use Barry M Intense Black Eye liner Pen which I have used for the last 4 or 5 years and wouldnt go back to a regular pencil ever again. It is £3.95.
I use benefit cheek tint for blusher cant remember how much it is but if you order lots of Benefit make up and order it from america you can get it a lot cheaper.
On my lips I use a concealor stick and clear lip gloss to get them really light coloured. The clear gloss I use just now is Rimmel Vinyl Gloss.

i have that lipgloss,is that the one with the new shaped wand?i like it lol.
I think rimmel mascaras do the job great as well and there so cheap!i dont bother with fancy mascaras ,i dont think theres much need to when the cheap ones do the job well

Annie
14-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by supernoodles!

i have that lipgloss,is that the one with the new shaped wand?i like it lol.
I think rimmel mascaras do the job great as well and there so cheap!i dont bother with fancy mascaras ,i dont think theres much need to when the cheap ones do the job well

I used to spend a BOMB on all my make up but I have cut down and mainly buy things that you will find in Superdrug/Boots etc apart from Benefit.

I spend more on make up for big up coming events but thats just my day to day and it does me alright.

I wear quite a bit of bronzer when going out and liquid eyeliner and dark eyeshadows with light under my brow but apart from that I look the same.

hannah.
14-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I use-

Primer- Benefit that gal-£20ish
Foundation- MAC face&body- £23 I think and MAC full coverage-£20
Concealer- Duwop surface-£20ish and Clinique airbrush- £15
Bronzer- guerlain terracotta bronzing powder- £27ish
Blusher- Benefit benetint and posietint --£23 i think
Highlighter- benefit miss popularity £17ish
Powder- Chanel pudre christalline £27ish [this is crazy expensive but amazing- i only ever get it at christmas but it lasts through]
Eyeshadow- mac-£10
Pencil eyeliner- Pure creamy eyeliner-£6ish
Liquid eyeliner- elizabeth arden gel eyeliner=- £15 i think
Mascara- mac primer-about £10 i think and mac plushlash which is the same price. I use yves saint laurent faux clis aswell but that's running out. i got it from superdrug for £14, what a bargainnnn

I spend so much money on makeup it's ridiculous. they're all my favourites of each item but i have so much crap from superdrug and boots in my draw

x_mel_x
14-10-2008, 05:31 PM
I work in Boots so get 25% on make up so I dont end up spending that much money.

Annie
14-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Thats stupid money on every day make up hannah :conf:

hannah.
14-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Thats stupid money on every day make up hannah :conf:

but it lasts soo long! I can't help it, I'd rather get one really amazing thing than have to buy loads of rubbish ones because they don't work properly/run out or whatever

hannah.
14-10-2008, 05:34 PM
i didnt really think about it until i wrote it all out just then, it is quite worrying

SiaSiaSia
14-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't really wear make-up. I used to, but now I cba.

Dream Matt Mouse <3

Btwwww. you should read "don't go to the cosmetic counter without me" it analyses every piece of makeup and says what's good/bad about it. Like, most anti-aging cream dries out your skin to lift it, etc.

Also I do love my 99p/£1.99 eyeliner. I always lose my eyeliners so I refuse to spend alot of money on them.
and mascara <3. i have a £10 one i think
and i had red lipstick for £15
but other than that i don't really have much "expensive" make up.
i did get 3 products for 5£ last saturday now! wooooo superdrug sale ;D.

hannah.
14-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by SiaSiaSia
I don't really wear make-up. I used to, but now I cba.

Dream Matt Mouse <3

Btwwww. you should read "don't go to the cosmetic counter without me" it analyses every piece of makeup and says what's good/bad about it. Like, most anti-aging cream dries out your skin to lift it, etc.

Also I do love my 99p/£1.99 eyeliner. I always lose my eyeliners so I refuse to spend alot of money on them.
and mascara <3. i have a £10 one i think
and i had red lipstick for £15
but other than that i don't really have much "expensive" make up.
i did get 3 products for 5£ last saturday now! wooooo superdrug sale ;D.

LOL !
I used to really like that but I have to buff it so much to stop it from looking weird and by then all my freckles show through too much. I loove their concealer though, I need to get some more

Annie
14-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I used to LOVE dream matt mousse but you waste it using a brush or sponge - can only really use fingers.

hannah.
14-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I used to LOVE dream matt mousse but you waste it using a brush or sponge - can only really use fingers.

and i found that it ran out really fast, because it's basically just air

Jen
14-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Rimmel EVERYTHING :D
Liquid Eyeliner
Soft khol Eyeliner
Eyeshadow
Mascara
Blusher

I never wear foundation or powder... Just blush and eye makeup.
I got loads of house of fraser gift vouchers and went NUTS in Clinique and Lancome.... I may never go back to Rimmel... Clinique is THE best quality of make-up I have ever tried.
I like M.A.C as well... only for eyeliner and nail polish though... :D

SiaSiaSia
14-10-2008, 06:21 PM

They have a new eyeshadow thing :lovedup::lovedup: it's so nice.

and wtf hannah, my sister uses dream matt mouse every day for a year and a half and is only 3/4 of the way throguh! you don't need to use alot as it just spreads out. like a TINY amount of it basically

hannah.
14-10-2008, 06:24 PM

and wtf hannah, my sister uses dream matt mouse every day for a year and a half and is only 3/4 of the way throguh! you don't need to use alot as it just spreads out. like a TINY amount of it basically

i don't
i know how to use it thank you

SiaSiaSia
14-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by hannahhhh

i don't

moody :P

Annie
14-10-2008, 06:37 PM

i don't

moody :P

I agree Sia - not on Hannah being moody - on the fact it lasts for AGES! It really does! (not when using brush or sponge) but if just using fingers it does last for AGES! But it is rather cakey

melanie
14-10-2008, 06:45 PM
I only wear MAC makeup because I want to splurge on things I have to throw away every 3 months.

hannah.
14-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by melanie
I only wear MAC makeup because I want to splurge on things I have to throw away every 3 months.

ohhh macccc <3 what do you think of their mascaras, I don't really like them that much..

melanie
14-10-2008, 07:04 PM

ohhh macccc <3 what do you think of their mascaras, I don't really like them that much..

Me too. I switch around between Lancome L'Extreme and Clinque High Impact.

hannah.
14-10-2008, 07:08 PM

Me too. I switch around between Lancome L'Extreme and Clinque High Impact.

ohh i love clinique high impact. I hate how mac can make like everything perfect, but their mascaras are awful.. they're all gloopy and either clump or just make the lashes black and do nothing else

Nicky.
14-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow you guys use alot!

I use mascara and eye shadow.. and eye liner at the weekends because I have time (and we're not allowed proper deep make-up in school xD).

Usually blue/light pink eye shadow.. depending what mood I'm in .. and what headband I can find lol x

I use No7 stuff.. and my mascara is Rimmel something or other .. (:

I don't use foundation or any of that stuff though :)

Annie
14-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Ahh Nicky wait until you get older! You will use a LOT more! I used to be like that when I was your age - no foundation or blusher! Just eye liner and mascara.

Ahh how things change!

Nicky.
14-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Ahh Nicky wait until you get older! You will use a LOT more! I used to be like that when I was your age - no foundation or blusher! Just eye liner and mascara.

Ahh how things change!

LOL!

I probs will lool x

About half my friends don't go out the door without it on.. and the other half are like me xD

(Im not saying all you guys have spots btw) .. but all my friends who use it are like omg Nicky, how come your spotless xD Im like.. because I dont turn myself orange everyday lol x

So Im staying off it for a while xD

Gemmer-x
14-10-2008, 08:43 PM

Ahh how things change!

LOL same. + Now i can't leave the house without a face full :]
I had a no.7 voucher the other week, so i went into boots and brought No.7 intense volume mascara and its actually really good! i was pleasently surprised :spin2:

SiaSiaSia
14-10-2008, 08:44 PM

Ahh how things change!

LOL i'm the oppisite: wore loads when i was younger, and not at all now

Nicky.
14-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Gemmer-x

Ahh how things change!

LOL same. + Now i can't leave the house without a face full :]
I had a no.7 voucher the other week, so i went into boots and brought No.7 intense volume mascara and its actually really good! i was pleasently surprised :spin2:

ooo!

I had one of those! I bought two new eye shadows!

My mum had 2 aswell.. so I went on a shopping spree in the no7 section! xD

supernoodles!
14-10-2008, 08:52 PM
ive always worn quite alot since i was 12-13

Jen
14-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I only wear blush and Eye makeup...
Always have.. I don't need foundation or powder :)