PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of spots!

Kate..
14-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Sorry if there's already been a post on this but recently i've been getting SO many spots and I actually hate it so much and I've been eating quite well and washing my face so often but nothing seems to be happening, does anyone know any good remedies or something to help get rid of the ugly buggars?

:sad:

SiaSiaSia
14-10-2008, 06:39 PM
How do you wash your face?

supernoodles!
14-10-2008, 06:39 PM
make sure you change your pillow cases,also have you been using any different products on your skin?it could also be due to stress

Kate..
14-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by SiaSiaSia

with water? and soap lol and a flannel?

Tom
14-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Buy a face exfoliant and exfoliate every NIGHT before you go to bed, its useless in the morning because dead skin settles and forms spots during the night. Theres a good Neutrogena one, it comes in an orange upside down bottle, but remember to wash all the beads off really well otherwise you could get spots where the beads stay ...

Then buy some germolene and if you ever have any spots, put the germolene over them after you've exfoliated, then wash your face well in the morning and add a bit more germolene, it will reduce the redness so you can't really tell.

oh and try and drink at least a pint of water a day, bottled water is better than our tap water, but maybe thats just our supply?

I do all of the above and hardly ever get them and never really have got them :tongue:

Annie
Sometimes you need to get more to then get rid of some

Kate..
Originally posted by supernoodles!
make sure you change your pillow cases,also have you been using any different products on your skin?it could also be due to stress

Um yeah I change my pillows quite a lot, well my mum does :wink:
and i just use soap cause that's the only thing i trust.. and it could be stress i suppose, never thought of that!

Tom
14-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Kate..

don't use soap on your face

supernoodles!
14-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by supernoodles!

Um yeah I change my pillows quite a lot, well my mum does :wink:
and i just use soap cause that's the only thing i trust.. and it could be stress i suppose, never thought of that!

well thats the main cause of any i get lol

i dont know if u do already but if you want a quick fix you could use a concealer,no one will know your even wearing it if you make sure you get the right shade:wink:

SiaSiaSia
14-10-2008, 06:51 PM

ahhh yeah.. don't do that
use anti spot cream or something
not soap
x

Tom
14-10-2008, 06:54 PM
oh I have a third point, although it can be really tempting to pop them and touch them, DONT. well if its a tiny yellow one then its not that bad, just quickly wash the area and stick some germolene on it (i love that stuff :joker:) but if its a red one that won't pop easily, just leave it alone because you can irritate it and make it worse by touching it.

hannah.
14-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Kaaaaate don't use soap! get a cleanser, you can get a good one for like £5. Soap completely gets rid of all the oil in your skin and dries it out so it overcompensates by producing too much oil which is why you're getting spots. CLEANSERRRRRR! Get a botanics one from boots, it'll be a fiver at the most. Also, get a grease free moisturiser and use it morning and night, which'll smooth the skin aswell. Botanics day shift moisture lotion is really good and sinks in easily so it doesn't add more grease. DOOOO ITTTT

Kate..
14-10-2008, 06:56 PM
:S It's always worked before but thanks for the tips :hugesmile:

hannah.
14-10-2008, 06:57 PM
:S It's always worked before but thanks for the tips :hugesmile:

KATE
DO IT!

GhettoSuperstar
14-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Go on 'the pill'.

hannah.
14-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSuperstar
Go on 'the pill'.

no, don't

SiaSiaSia
14-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by hannahhhh
Go on 'the pill'.

no, don't

My friend had really bad spots and she went on the pill and now she has beautifully clear skin

hannah.
14-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by hannahhhh
Go on 'the pill'.

no, don't

My friend had really bad spots and she went on the pill and now she has beautifully clear skin

yeah but it's not worth the hassle. it should be used as a last resort basically, and I'm positive that the main reason she's got spots is because of the soap thing