PDA

View Full Version : what would your reaction be if you discovered you were pregnant?

supernoodles!
15-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Girls.

I know this may be a bit personal so its ok if you don`t want to reply:thumbs:
The 'abortion' thread just got me thinking,what are the most popular views on pregnancy

Emzy-!!
15-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Well first I would be like S***!!!!!!!!!!!
And would be sooo scared of telling my family, but after all that, I would be really happy.
I LOVE BABIES!!!!! lol

Rocko
15-10-2008, 05:39 PM
A bit shocked.

I'd be like "How? I was so careful" lol.

Annie
15-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I would freak out and get rid. I'm too young to have children - I dont want to be tied down this early in my life.

My boyfriend would probably try and talk me into keeping it.

pinkmichk
15-10-2008, 05:45 PM
well i fell pregnant very early into a relationship on the pill i had no reason to think i was even my missing period didnt make me think oooh maybe so when the doc told me to do a test but it will be neg (they thought i had pelvic inflamatory disease but couldnt start antibiotics until i knew) so when the bright positive showed up on the test i nearly fell off the loo in shock even then i had to go for a eary scan cos they then thought the pains i was having were a eptopic pregnancy
once i was told everything was where it should be it started to sink in i was happy and knew that the baby was meant to be (she is now a 3 and half year old who i love more than anything and would do anything for)

SiaSiaSia
15-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I ALWAYS am convinced I'm pregnant.

& that's a lovely story Pinkmichk :) how old are you?

pinkmichk
15-10-2008, 05:53 PM
i am 24

Captain.Remy
15-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Well we discussed about it with my girlfriend and she told me she would be very shocked, so would I be. We're both the same on that point: we are too young and if we stay together longer enough: not before we have a good career.

Tom
15-10-2008, 05:59 PM
I'd be in shock and wonder how it happened :joker:

Seriously though if my gf got caught out, we would keep it. We're both anti-abortion and have spoken about what if quite a few times and always come to the same conclusion

supernoodles!
15-10-2008, 06:03 PM
i would keep it,i would tell my ex say look heres the test,up too you if you want anything to do with him/her.Id be absolutly petrified about telling my parents becuase ive always been so worried what people,especially my family think of me,id be worried about what my friends thought too.Id be scared stiff about the actual pregnancy and giving birth but theres no doubt about it ,id keep it.I don`t want a baby but I do feel that I am ready if the situation came about.not that it will.

Tom
15-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by supernoodles!
i would keep it,i would tell my ex say look heres the test,up too you if you want anything to do with him/her.Id be absolutly petrified about telling my parents becuase ive always been so worried what people,especially my family think of me,id be worried about what my friends thought too.Id be scared stiff about the actual pregnancy and giving birth but theres no doubt about it ,id keep it.I don`t want a baby but I do feel that I am ready if the situation came about.not that it will.

tbh i don't think anyone not mentally ready for the situation should be having sex in the first place ...

Kate..
15-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I would think "I'm a virgin!!"

Annie
15-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Tom

tbh i don't think anyone not mentally ready for the situation should be having sex in the first place ...

Tom you can have sex if you are emotionally ready to get intimate with someone. Thats what you need to be ready for. The closeness of what sex actually is and the emotions and you will go through.

Not oh I dont know if I will get pregnant or there is a chance I wouldnt know what to do so I cant have sex.

Thats just silly.

Are you saying when you lost your virginity to whoever it was - you automatically knew what you and the other person would want to do?

supernoodles!
15-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Tom

really?some people never want to have children though

DamonJ
15-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I'd think who I could sell it to

Ninastar
15-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Emzy-!!
Well first I would be like S***!!!!!!!!!!!
And would be sooo scared of telling my family, but after all that, I would be really happy.
I LOVE BABIES!!!!! lol

Tom
15-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Annie

Tom you can have sex if you are emotionally ready to get intimate with someone. Thats what you need to be ready for. The closeness of what sex actually is and the emotions and you will go through.

Not oh I dont know if I will get pregnant or there is a chance I wouldnt know what to do so I cant have sex.

Thats just silly.

Are you saying when you lost your virginity to whoever it was - you automatically knew what you and the other person would want to do?

At the time obviously I didn't care but looking back I should have, what if it did happen? I would have had no idea what to do because I wasn't mentally ready.

I'm also not saying you should know what the other wants to do whether you disagree or agree, I just think both should be mentally ready for the situation.

really?some people never want to have children though

A lot of people who are sure are really careful with contraception though, some others have an operation so they can't have kids etc. But I still think people should be prepared for a what if scenario.

Annie
15-10-2008, 06:18 PM
A lot of people who are sure are really careful with contraception though, some others have an operation so they can't have kids etc. But I still think people should be prepared for a what if scenario.

When you have sex you do think oh that might happen but you said "tbh i don't think anyone not mentally ready for the situation should be having sex in the first place ... " - the situation being having a baby.

So you are saying if you are not ready to have a baby mentally then you shouldnt be having sex.

Captain.Remy
15-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Message original : Tom

I agree. We never know what can happen so couples better have a discussion about it like I did and you did.

I just believe that, even though I am mentally ready to have a baby, my girlfriend and I wouldn't keep it: we can't see ourselves stopping studies, and our parents would kill us for some obvious religion reasons.

I think that, teenagers who want to keep the baby must be mentally very strong and ready to work their ass off.

Captain.Remy
15-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Message original : Annie

So you are saying if you are not ready to have a baby mentally then you shouldnt be having sex.

From what I understand, he said that, whatever happens, couples should be ready to take a decision in time. The best idea is to talk about that with the partner.

Jen
15-10-2008, 06:21 PM
First Reaction.... Feck what will my Dad say..?!!!111
Second Reaction.... Plane to england...
Final Reaction.... D'awww a baby..... Plane to england.

Tom
15-10-2008, 06:24 PM

When you have sex you do think oh that might happen but you said "tbh i don't think anyone not mentally ready for the situation should be having sex in the first place ... " - the situation being having a baby.

No, I never said that at all you're just stretching it to what I've said in another thread.

I said if you aren't prepared for the situation of getting pregnant mentally (ie what you would do, how you would feel etc) then you shouldn't be having sex because if it happens then you won't be prepared and won't have any idea what to do, maybe regretting your decision at some point.

I don't think that when I have sex either, but I'm ready for the situation if it happens, which hopefully it won't.

Princess
15-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Kate..
I would think "I'm a virgin!!"

Haha ditto!

~Kizwiz~
15-10-2008, 06:44 PM
It would be a bloody miracle because I cant have any more children :sad:

Annie
15-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Tom

No, I never said that at all you're just stretching it to what I've said in another thread.

I said if you aren't prepared for the situation of getting pregnant mentally (ie what you would do, how you would feel etc) then you shouldn't be having sex because if it happens then you won't be prepared and won't have any idea what to do, maybe regretting your decision at some point.

I don't think that when I have sex either, but I'm ready for the situation if it happens, which hopefully it won't.

No actually I am just looking at what you said

The situation being pregnancy.

From that statement you said - if you are not mentally ready for pregnancy then you should not be having sex.

Thats what that says. I'm not taking anything from another thread. I am making my response from what you just said.

Tom
15-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Pregnancy, not a baby :whistle:

Its not in front of you at all and you're changing what you're saying.

Red Moon
15-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Amazed.

It would be more of a miracle than Kiz getting pregnant with me being a bloke.

~Kizwiz~
15-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Red Moon
Amazed.

Hee hee hee

SiaSiaSia
15-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Amazed.

What do you mean?

Red Moon
15-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by SiaSiaSia
Amazed.

What do you mean?

I live with the TiBB member called kizwiz. We met on the site and we have a the first TiBB baby called Lucy who is 1 on the second of next month.

Kiz can't have anymore babies and being a man I would be amazed if I had any.

Rory
15-10-2008, 10:02 PM
How did this happen!?

Indierock&roll
15-10-2008, 10:05 PM
i would run to the doctors and get an abortion.. or whereever you get abortions from?! wouldnt even hesitate

Annie
15-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Indierock&roll
i would run to the doctors and get an abortion.. or whereever you get abortions from?! wouldnt even hesitate

You do realise to get an abortion you need to convince two or more doctors that having a baby would be a risk to your physical or mental health or that the baby would have downs or something just as bad?

You cant just go in and expect to be able to get an abortion!

Indierock&roll
15-10-2008, 10:35 PM

You do realise to get an abortion you need to convince two or more doctors that having a baby would be a risk to your physical or mental health or that the baby would have downs or something just as bad?

well they should as im like too young ... i think thats stupid its your choice if you want it they should just let you.. just not after them 20 weeks or whatever it is..

Annie
15-10-2008, 10:38 PM

well they should as Im like too young ... i think thats stupid its your choice if you want it they should just let you.. just not after them 20 weeks or whatever it is..

Aye thats why people are fighting the government to be able to give the actual person get the decision instead of 2 GPs but hey thats life just now.

Sticks
16-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Kiz can't have anymore babies and being a man I would be amazed if I had any.

Was that because of complications with Lucy's birth? That seems so sad :sad:

As this thread was orginally aimed at females I would like for a moment, turn this around to the men.

(Red Moon has kind of answered this one by how things panned out in real life)

Apart from the scenario, where you guys are married and are trying to start a family, suppose your girl friend told you she was pregnant with you baby, and that she would like to keep it what do you do?

If you answer is that would not happen because you do not beieve in sex outside marriage, then you are excused, from this what if.

As a boyfriend, would you

a) Push her for a termination, even if she thinks she wants to be amother, you are definitely NOT ready for fatherhood

b) Leave her immediately, she obviously was irresponsible and did not take precautions.

c) As b, but make it quite clear what will happen to her if the CSA know you are the father

d) As b, but leg it out of town

e) As C, and leg it out of town

f) Reluctantly go along with what she decides, but remain uncommittal

g) Push for her to keep it if she is reluctant to have it. (Promise you will bring it up if she does not want it)

h) Propose to marry her out of duty

i) See this as a wonderful excuse to prose to marry her at last

j) You are more excited at being a father than she is at being a mother, and may throw in i ) as well

k) Other - Please Specify

You can also repeat this scenario if she is having thoughts about a termination

supernoodles!
16-10-2008, 08:38 AM

thats is so unrealistic,immature,inconsiderate,rash

xDramatick
16-10-2008, 08:47 AM
In reply to Sticks;; K. It wouldn't happen :tongue:

NettoSuperstar!
16-10-2008, 09:17 AM
No way!! uhuh Im not doin that again!! lol

~Kizwiz~
16-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Sticks

I've had two very difficult pregnancies so it was decided that it was best that I didnt have any further children. My body wouldnt cope with another pregnancy. But between Red and I we have 4 girls.... and thats enough for anyone :hugesmile:

So instead of babies...... I now have a puppy :laugh:

Tom
16-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by ~Kizwiz~

I've had two very difficult pregnancies so it was decided that it was best that I didnt have any further children. My body wouldnt cope with another pregnancy. But between Red and I we have 4 girls.... and thats enough for anyone :hugesmile:

So instead of babies...... I now have a puppy :laugh:

Thats good to hear, at least you have more than just one child and actually have one together, its better than not being able to have one at all :spin2:

Lauren
16-10-2008, 11:11 AM
In order:

*cry*
*pass out*
Think 'what are the chances?!'
*cry*
Discuss with partner. We're both pro-choice.
*cry*
Go to doctor to discuss options.

Jackie
16-10-2008, 06:49 PM
OMG I'm too old:laugh:

Bells
16-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I'd be really, really shocked and horrified. I'm always very careful about these things. Plus I'm not even in a stable relationship or anything at the moment, so that would make things even more difficult (in terms of a good atmosphere for bringing up a child). And I'm too young!

I guess I would just discuss my options, and curse myself for being so stupid too. I'd genuinely be scared if this happened to me anytime soon.

Indierock&roll
16-10-2008, 07:20 PM

thats is so unrealistic,immature,inconsiderate,rash

it is an overexageration as if i would run to the doctors?
at least get the bus ..
joke. but yeah *on a serious note now*
i wouldnt tell anyone and would try and get an abortion as soon as i could.. i would'nt have it unless i was about 20

Magic
16-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Hooowwwww did that happend?
Since when was I.... :whistle:

bronaaaa
16-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm only 15 so I'd be gutted I'd have to leave school n'all..and I dont think I'd be able to cope

Jake!
16-10-2008, 08:03 PM
I dunno, I think I'd ask the doctors if it was possible with me being a boy and all.

Sticks
16-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by JustJake
I dunno, I think I'd ask the doctors if it was possible with me being a boy and all.

OK how about my variant of the what if?

Jake!
16-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by JustJake

OK how about my variant of the what if?

What?

Sam!
16-10-2008, 08:14 PM
I would be damn worried!

Sunny_01
16-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I would have loved to have had more kids, I was steralised at 22 following problems in pregnancy so that kind of ended things for me, I would however have been thrilled if it had been possible :bawling: