PDA

View Full Version : New Virus Going Around.

Locke.
16-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Please be Extremely Careful especially if using Internet mail such as Yahoo,Hotmail, AOL and so on.This information arrived this morning direct from both Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation'Life is beautiful.' If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, And delete it immediately .If you open this file, a message will appear onYour screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longerBeautiful.' Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PCAnd the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password. This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and theAntivirus software's are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who callsHimself 'life owner.'

pinkmichk
16-10-2008, 04:22 PM
why do people do this :nono: there is also one going round facebook where you get a message that says something like is this you in this pic/video and if you click it you end up with a trojan on your comp (its the same type that went round msn few months back when it did get me took ages to get it off my comp)

Jake!
16-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Thank your for the warning, will send e-mail to my mates, and warn other people...

~Kizwiz~
16-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by pinkmichk
why do people do this :nono:

Because they think its funny to see how quickly the virus goes around. Its not funny imo it's sad

Callum
16-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I hate things like this. :sad: Thanks for giving the warning.

James
16-10-2008, 04:47 PM
A lot of these virus warnings that go around are virus-like also. This one looks like a hoax - http://www.hoax-slayer.com/life-is-beautiful-virus-hoax.html

Jake!
16-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Could we have this at the top please or important notice on homepage because it will help.

Barbie
17-10-2008, 06:43 AM
im sure i got an email from "msn" about this.. but then i worked out it wasnt from "msn" so deleted and ignored it

Sticks
17-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I get loads warning people not to add certain people as friends as they are hackers.

They are usually hoaxes

It is best to check up with Snopes (http://www.snopes.com) first

SiaSiaSia
17-10-2008, 07:08 AM
-mac owner-

melanie
17-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by SiaSiaSia
-mac owner-

:'(

Gosh, thats so creepy, "your life is no longer beautiful."

Sticks
17-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by SiaSiaSia
-mac owner-

Do you know, I live for the day when they produce a virus that targets macs, just to wipe the smug expression off of their faces.

:devil:

Emzy-!!
17-10-2008, 05:47 PM
OMG, I'm going to tell everyone now!!!!!!