PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any suggestion

farhad
19-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I want to import an avi video film to the Windows movie Maker, every time time i try doing that I get this message saying "The file C:\Documents and Settings\Family\My Documents\Windows media player\-------------.avi cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again."

Can anyone tell me how can i solve this problem, its really bugging me.

Lewis.
19-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Dunnoo.?

Matt08
19-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Try repairing the Movie Maker program, I think this can be done on the Add/Remove Programs feature.

farhad
19-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Matt08
Try repairing the Movie Maker program, I think this can be done on the Add/Remove Programs feature.

Matt
19-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Hmm.

This is a wild guess, but I'm thinking you need the DivX codec to read the file you're trying to import.

You can download it here:

http://www.divx.com

Sarah.
19-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Yup, you need to install the DivX codec. I had to do that.

farhad
19-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Matt
Hmm.

This is a wild guess, but I'm thinking you need the DivX codec to read the file you're trying to import.

You can download it here:

http://www.divx.com
Thanks, after i dowload it what would I need to do next?

Matt
19-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by farhad

Install it.

I'm not entirely sure how you do this depending on which browser you use, but I'm guessing you've saved an installer somewhere - double click it to run it.

Or, if you're using Internet Explorer, there should be an option to "Run" it after it has downloaded.

When you're in the installer, it usually gives you a choice of programs to install (Player, Web Player, Codec etc). You only need the codec, but you can install the other programs if you want.

farhad
19-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Matt
Originally posted by farhad

Install it.

I'm not entirely sure how you do this depending on which browser you use, but I'm guessing you've saved an installer somewhere - double click it to run it.

Or, if you're using Internet Explorer, there should be an option to "Run" it after it has downloaded.

When you're in the installer, it usually gives you a choice of programs to install (Player, Web Player, Codec etc). You only need the codec, but you can install the other programs if you want.

Thanks Matt

farhad
19-10-2008, 02:46 PM
I insalled DivX but still it wont let me import video film to WMM, same maessage pops up.

melanie
19-10-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't know but is the file your importing a .wmv?