PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

SiaSiaSia
19-10-2008, 07:06 PM
What are the advantages and disadvantages of advertising in your opinion?
should adverts be banned?

[this is my German essay but I have NO clue so i'll collect your ideas instead :D]

Matt08
19-10-2008, 07:07 PM
As much as I hate advertising, it shouldn't be banned as if funds programming and the running costs of TV channels.

Scarlett.
19-10-2008, 07:09 PM
It pays for stuff, without it, a lot of TV channels and websites (including TiBB) wouldnt exist

Fom
Deffo not! If adverts were banned our TV license would be through the roof! Also some are funny and they can educate and tbh... it helps us shop.

Obviously we dont like watching them, but they fund the programmes we watch, no X factor or Big brother without adverts!

hannah.
BOTH SIDES BOTH SIDES
WRITE BOTH SIDES
A COUPLE FO PARAS FOR EACH AND THEN CONCLUDE WITH YOUR OPINION :)

Fom
19-10-2008, 07:12 PM
AND MAKE SURE YOU INTRODUCE IT! :tongue:

Captain.Remy
19-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I don't have a particular opinion on it. But for the record, French Government have decided that commercials will be banned in January 2009 on the public TV Channels.

Matt08
19-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
I don't have a particular opinion on it. But for the record, French Government have decided that commercials will be banned in January 2009 on the public TV Channels.

How are the TV channels going to be funded without the adverts? Are they just going to make everyone pay a huge TV license?

hannah.
19-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Fom

god we're good

Captain.Remy
19-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Message original : Matt08
Originally posted by Captain.Remy

How are the TV channels going to be funded without the adverts? Are they just going to make everyone pay a huge TV license?

Public TV Channels are funded by the government. To clarify, it's us who will pay for it. The TV License thingy is less controlled than in UK, not everyone pays it, when you buy a new TV, you can give a fake address then no one will ask you anything. Can't wait to see what happens in January, it's gonna be a huge mess lol

SiaSiaSia
19-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by hannahhhh
BOTH SIDES BOTH SIDES
WRITE BOTH SIDES
A COUPLE FO PARAS FOR EACH AND THEN CONCLUDE WITH YOUR OPINION :) 50

Originally posted by Fom

I do know HOW to write an essay :P
though in Philosophy that essay structure is a complete sin apparently, and you'd get around a D if you set it out like that :P

SiaSiaSia
19-10-2008, 07:25 PM
thanks for the points so far guys :D
help me think of some more? :D
xx

Annie
19-10-2008, 07:35 PM
If there wasnt advertising - what would people who work in advertising do?!

Yes.. thinking outside the box! hahahahaha

:whistle: