PDA

View Full Version : Selfish America?

BigOz
21-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Have you ever come across a site with a great thing, only to find out this : "This video is not available from your location".

I find that selfish, racist and offensive, I live in Ireland, and I love the "Scare Tactics" and I found a official site, just to fin dout that ALL videoes are only watchable in U.S, this counts for BB U.S, also, BBC has the same thing (sorry,) I find it really stupid & pointless, why do people block people from other countires? what's the point of it?

Feel free to discuss.

Scarlett.
21-10-2008, 10:45 PM
ITV do the same

Its to do with copyright or summat

Locke.
21-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Loads of BBUK videos on youtube are like that, it's ridiculous. Though I don't find it Racist, offensive or selfish, I just find it annoying.

Matt
21-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by David_Purdy

I don't find it Racist, offensive or selfish, I just find it annoying.

Wildcat!
21-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Because the TV shows that US channels for example have, are sold to stations in the UK!
If you watch Heroes for example, its shown in the US way before it comes out here, or any other shows! So if they let everyone from the UK see it online the next day, then the Channel who bought the right in the UK, will lose audiences, who already seen it online!

And its not just USA, its all over! You cant access certain videos from the UK, in the US!

BigOz
21-10-2008, 10:55 PM
But I don't mean like ONLY full episodes.

I can't access for example BBC's interactive stuff aswell (I think)

what if for example BBC never brodcasted in Ireland.

How would I watch Heroes, i heard about them, and seen clips of it ONLINE!

Wildcat!
21-10-2008, 11:00 PM
If they never broadcast in Ireland, then you probably wont get it blocked!

I know if I go to the CBS website, if the TV show is shown in the uK, you cant watch it, and if its not, you can!

Oh BTW, there is a way of going around it its like some softwares, that hides your IP, so when you browse, it appears that you are in a diferent country, the US, or the UK for example. I have used them before, and you can get some online for free!

Chri$
21-10-2008, 11:03 PM
You ain't the only person who has this problem, Millions of others do.

Its to do with Copyright and Restrictions because America dose not aloud XXX Nudity and Swearing on TV, So they block other Countries TV on the Internet so People don't get Offended.

But you can't get ITV and BBC Shows in the USA so that "Selfish America" header is OTT.

Annie
21-10-2008, 11:07 PM
I am so hungry

bigknowse
21-10-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm peckish too.