PDA

View Full Version : Paedophilia

thecherubim
22-10-2008, 11:56 PM
What do you think? I was reading a debate in Texas today about sending convicted paedophiles to the chair.

I'm personally against it, eye for an eye and that. :wink:

thecherubim :angel:

Novo
22-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Snip it off!!!!!

and then send them to the chair i say

Ross
22-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Chop off their balls.

NettoSuperstar!
23-10-2008, 06:28 AM
I loathe Paedos with a passion and have worked with the victims of abuse so see the damage they do, but personal feelings aside they have around 80% of the time been abused as kids themselves. I am also a humane person and wouldnt advocate sending anyone to the chair however they should be removed from society, they are rarely able to rehabilitate and stop what they do so they should never be able to live in the community if we are going to stop the cycle

Sticks
23-10-2008, 06:36 AM
I don't like the word, because it means in the Greek, "Lover of Children" and what they do to children can not be described as love.

They are predators, and it is not just confined to men.

What I really hate, is that because of these devians all men are tarred with the same brush.

The chair is a waste of good electricity on them

Spike
23-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by andy-dale-win
Snip it off!!!!!

and then send them to the chair i say

M X
23-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Public castration with a rusty knife.

NettoSuperstar!
23-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Sticks
I don't like the word, because it means in the Greek, "Lover of Children" and what they do to children can not be described as love.

They are predators, and it is not just confined to men.

What I really hate, is that because of these devians all men are tarred with the same brush.

The chair is a waste of good electricity on them

All men are not tarred with the same brush, but I do agree people are more suspiscious of anyone these days

Lauren
23-10-2008, 09:30 AM
I don't know, my mind changes.

Chopping their balls off/locking them up/killing them, just for their thoughts it's unrealistic. How can we prove they were thinking that? We can't be the thought-police.

Which leads me to this... is paedophilia voluntary or involuntary? I can't tell, it's meant to be treated the same way an (involuntary) fetish is treated, suggesting that it's just a sexual preference rather than purposeful thoughts. If this is the case, then obviously rehabilitation is not going to work.

As far as I know, they never try to "rehabilitate" as such, but they do try to quash the thoughts to the point where they're not led into temptation.

I guess we all need to remember that being a paedophile doesn't lead someone into abusing someone. I know I find it hard to remember when I hear about someone preying or something.

If, however, we're talking about a convicted paedophile - i.e. one that HAS abused or acted on their feelings - then they're obviously not capable/willing to quash their thoughts in order to live by societies moralistic rules and therefore should be punished accordingly.

Which then leads to the question; who decides what is "right" and "wrong"? Is paedophilia different to having a foot fetish, or bondage fetish etc. Those are accepted, yet the sexual preference (not abuse, just thoughts) is counted as wrong and not accepted.

(That being said, I'm a hypocrite in this respect, in that if I hear a story about a paedophile being let out early after successful rehabilitation I still throw around the tabloid-esque "lock him back up!" thing).

NettoSuperstar!
23-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Lauren
I don't know, my mind changes.

Chopping their balls off/locking them up/killing them, just for their thoughts it's unrealistic. How can we prove they were thinking that? We can't be the thought-police.

Which leads me to this... is paedophilia voluntary or involuntary? I can't tell, it's meant to be treated the same way an (involuntary) fetish is treated, suggesting that it's just a sexual preference rather than purposeful thoughts. If this is the case, then obviously rehabilitation is not going to work.

As far as I know, they never try to "rehabilitate" as such, but they do try to quash the thoughts to the point where they're not led into temptation.

I guess we all need to remember that being a paedophile doesn't lead someone into abusing someone. I know I find it hard to remember when I hear about someone preying or something.

If, however, we're talking about a convicted paedophile - i.e. one that HAS abused or acted on their feelings - then they're obviously not capable/willing to quash their thoughts in order to live by societies moralistic rules and therefore should be punished accordingly.

Which then leads to the question; who decides what is "right" and "wrong"? Is paedophilia different to having a foot fetish, or bondage fetish etc. Those are accepted, yet the sexual preference (not abuse, just thoughts) is counted as wrong and not accepted.

(That being said, I'm a hypocrite in this respect, in that if I hear a story about a paedophile being let out early after successful rehabilitation I still throw around the tabloid-esque "lock him back up!" thing).

Im talking about convicted Paedophiles who have abused and research has shown that most will continue to abuse given the opportunity. We dont have tight enough control over persistent offenders in the community so keep them away from society I say. and it shouldnt be treated in the same way as a fetish because its not consenting adults and children grow up to be completely ****ed up beacause of whats happened to them and some become abusers themselves. Although most only end up abusing themselves.

I have worked with two lovely young women with so much potential who have killed themselves because of what happened to them. One of them was a serious self harmer, she used to cut herself so deep she severed tendons damged nerves alsorts. Thats the damage thats left behind

Lauren
23-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by NettoSuperstar!

Im talking about convicted Paedophiles who have abused and research has shown that most will continue to abuse given the opportunity. We dont have tight enough control over persistent offenders in the community so keep them away from society I say. and it shouldnt be treated in the same way as a fetish because its not consenting adults and children grow up to be completely ****** up beacause of whats happened to them and some become abusers themselves. Although most only end up abusing themselves.

No, I totally agree.

I was playing devils advocate with the last part of the post. :laugh:

pinkmichk
23-10-2008, 09:41 AM
i worked with someone almost 6 years ago now who was found with thousands of images on his comp and all he got was 3 months inside although he lost his job as well cos as it was a shop and he wasnt allowed around children so it wouldnt have been right
i am not sure where i stand on tbh i have my parents head where i want them to have their bits chopped off with a rusty knife and locked up or similar for life but then also i wonder if perhaps they can be treated to rid them of it

NettoSuperstar!
23-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Lauren

Im talking about convicted Paedophiles who have abused and research has shown that most will continue to abuse given the opportunity. We dont have tight enough control over persistent offenders in the community so keep them away from society I say. and it shouldnt be treated in the same way as a fetish because its not consenting adults and children grow up to be completely ****** up beacause of whats happened to them and some become abusers themselves. Although most only end up abusing themselves.

No, I totally agree.

I was playing devils advocate with the last part of the post. :laugh: :thumbs:

NettoSuperstar!
23-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by pinkmichk
i worked with someone almost 6 years ago now who was found with thousands of images on his comp and all he got was 3 months inside although he lost his job as well cos as it was a shop and he wasnt allowed around children so it wouldnt have been right
i am not sure where i stand on tbh i have my parents head where i want them to have their bits chopped off with a rusty knife and locked up or similar for life but then also i wonder if perhaps they can be treated to rid them of it

Yeah the sentences are a joke sometimes

NettoSuperstar!
23-10-2008, 09:47 AM

Yeah the sentences are a joke sometimes

Some go on treatment programmes but they dont often work, particularly with highly deviant offenders. I think it takes quite intensive psychotherapy to have a chance of "curing" someone, but there isnt the resources. castration seems to be the most promising option but I think thats illegal here

GiRTh
23-10-2008, 11:59 AM
I agree with the thoughts that it's not a fetish but a genuine attraction - which makes it all the more scary. Rehabilitation cannot work in such cases so treatment for Paedophiles is virtually impossible. For example - you cant tell a man who fancies tall leggy blondes to just stop fancying tall leggy blondes. That kind of behaviour modification has no of guarantee of success.

Sticks
24-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Mind you there was the case in 2000, where a woman was driven from her house in Wales, as her occupation was a pediatrician :bored:

microscope
24-10-2008, 11:10 AM

"i worked with someone almost 6 years ago now who was found with thousands of images on his comp and all he got was 3 months inside"

I sometimes wonder how these paedo's find all these images. From what I have read about this, they seem to download them from the internet. But that must be like hanging yourself, as you WILL get caught in the end!

pinkmichk
24-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by microscope

"i worked with someone almost 6 years ago now who was found with thousands of images on his comp and all he got was 3 months inside"

I sometimes wonder how these paedo's find all these images. From what I have read about this, they seem to download them from the internet. But that must be like hanging yourself, as you WILL get caught in the end!

from what i remember he was caught cos he used his credit card and it was traced