PDA

View Full Version : People talking to you on a bus..

Nicky.
05-11-2008, 04:28 PM
.. has to be THE most annoying thing !

This morning, my school bus was late by like 30 mins, so I gave up waiting and walked to a different bus stop where I can get a different bus from, but it was a public bus stop..

So I got on a bus about 5 minutes later, and about 2 stops later, this 'OAP' (xD) got on the bus.. and sits.. by ME xD .. There were other seats too..

I looked round out the window so I didn't look like I wanted to get into a converstaion with her, but CLEARLY she didn't get the hint.. and I felt something on my leg, so I turned round and she was tapping me xD

"Nice nails".. so I just said thanks, but I was pretty sure she was taking the mick because I forgot to take off the nail varnish so they were all coming off.. then she started telling me about how when she was a little girl and she bit her nails, and do I bite my nails ? I do a bit.. but I said no, I didn't want a lecture!

Then it was like a stop before my school coming up, so I just said oh sorry I have to get off here, and I got up a stop early! I was like ahh!

Has this happened to anyone? Its like sooo annoying! xD

Jen
05-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Sorry. LOL

I'm the person who would sit beside someone I didn't know... even it there were seats. Thats just me though... I'm happy like that.. LOL

Sam!
05-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Antisocial :P Jokes. I've never caught the bus on my own so I wouldn't know.

pinkmichk
05-11-2008, 04:31 PM
it doesnt bother me unless its a smelly drunk breathing their drunken mumbles over me

Scarlett.
05-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I hate that too Niko:bored:
and JDIZZEL :shocked:

MR.K!
05-11-2008, 04:33 PM
yeah that happens all the time, but i dont mind it.... i think some elderly people are just nice, or lonley and like to have a natter with someone. I dont see anything wrong with it. its nice to be nice.

Jen
05-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Chewy

D:

I never get told to move.. LOL

Scarlett.
05-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by JDIZZEL

D:

I never get told to move.. LOL LOL only because they dont wanna be rude :shocked:

Its all starting to make sense now innit? :laugh:

Nicky.
05-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Lol - I dont mind them sitting by me.. unless they smell or something xD

But talking, I mean, isn't it plainly obvious nobody wants to talk on a bus xD

Callum
05-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I find it funny personally and just join in to be nice but I do agree it can be annoying at times.

Jen
05-11-2008, 04:36 PM

D:

I never get told to move.. LOL LOL only because they dont want to be rude :shocked:

No.. they love me. :O

BTW I don'tmake it my goal in life to be sad and sit on buses on my own.. LOL

:)tom:)
05-11-2008, 04:39 PM
nobody ever talks to someone they dont know on my busses unless shouting at the driver counts. i mean you dont even make eye contacts but i suppose that london transport :P
ive only ever spoken too one stranger on the bus and thats when my nose was bleeding :)

Princess
05-11-2008, 04:41 PM
I was chatting to a woman for about 20 minutes on the train the other day. She was really nice,although I felt a bit bad because they're re-doing(ruining) our harbour at the moment and she was like 'What is everyone doing to stop it??' and I couldn't tell her that no-one was trying anymore.

I don't mind people talking to me as long as they're not completely plastered.

Scarlett.
05-11-2008, 04:43 PM

D:

I never get told to move.. LOL LOL only because they dont want to be rude :shocked:

BTW I don'tmake it my goal in life to be sad and sit on buses on my own.. LOL lol you sure :joker:
:P

Jen
05-11-2008, 04:45 PM

D:

BTW I don'tmake it my goal in life to be sad and sit on buses on my own.. LOL lol you sure :joker:

Well... when you are on your own on a bus... I won't sit beside you.. then you will be raging... then I will sit beside you cause I would feel bad... but for those 5 seconds of hurt you will feel... I hope you learn your lesson..

SiaSiaSia
05-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Hmm. I usually like random conversations I have with people on public transport.
The last man I talked to for about 4 hours (he was 30 :P) and he was Indian and fluent in 4 languages and conversational in additional 3. He was brilliant. He was like "I HATE people who come here and don't learn English. It's just ignorant." and he told me all about places to go if ever I went to India, and about his children and stuff. He was really nice :).
Also I got talking to a nice 80 year old man at the bus stop last year and then he gave me 5p because I didn't have enough money for my fare and the bus driver was a dickhead. I know it wasn't enough but otherwise I'd have had to have walked for AGES and stuff and I was already running late. I saw him about 4 months later and tried to give him his money back but he refused. Such a nice man :D

Kate..
05-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm like that nicky!!

Once i was going to riding and i have to take two buses to get there and i was sitting on the bottom deck and there was only me and like 4 other people so there were SO many seats and this clearly drunk man comes and sits next to me and starts asking me all about riding and stuff and it was sooo freaky!!

I just like got up and ran away i honestly thought he was going to follow me

Scarlett.
05-11-2008, 04:54 PM

D:

Well... when you are on your own on a bus... I won't sit beside you.. then you will be raging... then I will sit beside you cause I would feel bad... but for those 5 seconds of hurt you will feel... I hope you learn your lesson.. Ok, I learnt my lesson :sad:

Jen
05-11-2008, 04:55 PM

D:

Well... when you are on your own on a bus... I won't sit beside you.. then you will be raging... then I will sit beside you cause I would feel bad... but for those 5 seconds of hurt you will feel... I hope you learn your lesson.. Ok, I learnt my lesson :sad:

YEY! :D

:lovedup:

MarkWaldorf
05-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, it's annoying but they're just sweet at nature. I think it was last year it was raining and the bus was packed, and this elderly woman got on with bags and I gave her my seat. Anyway, I stood up and about 5 minutes later she tapped me and had a pound coin in her hand. I didn't want to take it from her but she was insisting...I thought that was sweet.

*mazedsalv**
05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Lol

Magic
05-11-2008, 06:58 PM
hahah most people are fine if I ever go on it, on my village one all the old biddys used to love me!

But on my first day of college I missed the college bus and had to get on the public one. There was this REALLY angry looking drunk who looked like he wanted to kill everyone aboard.

Magic
05-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Markus
Yeah, it's annoying but they're just sweet at nature. I think it was last year it was raining and the bus was packed, and this elderly woman got on with bags and I gave her my seat. Anyway, I stood up and about 5 minutes later she tapped me and had a pound coin in her hand. I didn't want to take it from her but she was insisting...I thought that was sweet.

Aww that was so sweet.
And I feel sorry for the old ones who want a natter, they must be so lonely, and I know if I ever get like that I would love a chat.

Loukas
05-11-2008, 07:30 PM
I HATE IT. Me and my friends were on a bus and there was one seat, my friend offered to give it to an old man and he SHOUTED at us! He was like "Just because im old does not mean i need to sit down all the time!" We were like :puzzled: OK? She didn't sit down and nither did the old man, we got off 2 stops later anyway!

we waved goodbye to him as we left
:wavey:

*mazedsalv**
05-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Sorry. LOL

I'm the person who would sit beside someone I didn't know... even it there were seats. Thats just me though... I'm happy like that.. LOL

Same, I would be the person that would start the conversation with either someone who is a bit older than me (16-20), and someone that is over 60, I like being polite, but I wont be annoying, if they dont make any eye contact or look intrested I just shut up lol

Jen
05-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
Sorry. LOL

Same, I would be the person that would start the conversation with either someone who is a bit older than me (16-20), and someone that is over 60, I like being polite, but I wont be annoying, if they dont make any eye contact or look intrested I just shut up lol

When I get on a bus... I'll try and find you.. :P

Christina
05-11-2008, 08:00 PM
YES! Haha this has happened to me but i dont mind i kinda like it haha.
But i missed 2 of my stops because i didnt want to be rude and get off whilst she was talking to me. So i ended up getting off 2 stops late haha she was nice though :)

Killian
05-11-2008, 08:04 PM
OMG, I hate when that happens. I feel like they expect me to start talking to them, and when I do I just want to yell AWKWARD! :joker:

Tom4784
05-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Nobody talks on our buses apart from old people to other old people.