PDA

View Full Version : Announcement regarding the topic - "Some sad news...(R.I.P Chrissy)"

Red Moon
07-11-2008, 11:33 AM
We understand that this might come as a shock to the people and that some people will feel bad that they replied to the topic "Some sad news...(R.I.P Chrissy) (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=101872)", but we believe that this topic is a hoax.

Evidence we have a massed suggests that both SamR and Chrissy are the same person. However, there was a very very small chance that their could have been different people, and for that reason we had to leave the topic open. We are now of the opinion that this topic is a hoax and we have to act. Because of the severity of what has been done we have banned SamR and his other accounts on TiBB.

We know some of you will be asking yourself how were you taken in but such a hoax, so ask yourself this question, how could you not be taken in by it? If you had questioned the truth of the first post would have seemed cold an callous. You had to take the post at face value since you naturally assume that no decent person would do such a thing as to make up a story like this. It is human nature to be moved by a topic like this and you were just showing what a kind hearted person you are my posting on the topic and offering you condolences. So please don't feel bad for being a good person. You did the right thing by acting in the way you did.

The only fool in all this is SamR who acted in such irresponsible way that he has lost the right to post on TiBB ever again. Let us hope he learns his lesson and never pulls a stupid stunt like this on another site.

TiBB Admin and Moderation Team

Chri$
07-11-2008, 11:36 AM
:shocked: That is sick if it is true.

Ninastar
07-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Omg!!! thats really shocking !

Red Moon
07-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Chri$
:shocked: That is sick if it is true.

It's true, if we had any had any reason at all to believe it was not a hoax we would have kept the thread open.

Spike
07-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Not surprised, I was saying to mrs_rko yesterday that it was a hoax

Ninastar
07-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeh i kinda can see it now. He said there was no memorial service. And i think ( if it was real ) that her friends and family wold want a funeral.

Mrluvaluva
07-11-2008, 11:40 AM
I can never understand how someone could do something as disgusting as this.

Ninastar
07-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Mrluvaluva
I can never understand how someone could do something as disgusting as this.

I agree . Its really sick. Its disgusting actually.

Scarlett.
07-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Thats sick as ****, what a weird person

Kevin
07-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Chewy
Thats sick as ****, what a weird person

Damn right.

Guess you were right Ross!!!!!!!!

Locke.
07-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Shocker!

Dan_
07-11-2008, 12:26 PM
How could anyone do something as sick as that? Disgraceful :bored:

Sunny_01
07-11-2008, 12:33 PM
It is really sad that someone pulls a stunt like this, it really messes with some people's emotions and is just plain wrong.:shrug:

marctierman
07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I was slightly suspicious when he got a bit shifty about the memorial service. That's ridiculous, what a loser :/

~Kizwiz~
07-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Oh my god.....:shocked:

I am speechless to be honest.

How can someone do this?

\PJ/
07-11-2008, 01:13 PM
I know i have told a few lies on here but not as bad as this thats terrible.

hannah.
07-11-2008, 02:18 PM
was thinking about this. surely they werent so close for the family to let him know? where would they have got his details from? that's why i didn't post in there

Dom:D
07-11-2008, 03:22 PM
And I was getting upset about nothing:shocked:
He needs to grow up.

Tom4784
07-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I was a bit suspicious about it, the lack of details of memorials or funerals was very peculiar. What a sick B*stard though.

Billy
07-11-2008, 03:28 PM
wtf

Billy
07-11-2008, 03:29 PM
so chrissy is still alive?

MarkWaldorf
07-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Billy21

They are the same people?

Matt08
07-11-2008, 03:36 PM
SamR is sick! Lots of people take their lives each year, and this must be the nail on the head for suicidal and depressed people when someone does this. SamR was also extremity homophobic and offended quite a few members.

Good riddance.

Wildcat!
07-11-2008, 03:37 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Billy
07-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Markus

wtf =|

~Kizwiz~
07-11-2008, 03:40 PM

wtf =|

sick aint it?

:bored:

pinkmichk
07-11-2008, 03:41 PM
i didnt post in it cos something didnt ring true to me (i have seen hoax on forums before but never about death but couldnt be sure as didnt want to seem cold hearted) it is seriously messed and a very sick 'joke' to play

Billy
Originally posted by ~Kizwiz~

wtf =|

sick aint it?

:bored:
thats awful
i really liked chrissy aswlel :/

NettoSuperstar!
what a nobjob

Tom
07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
What is the point and what was SamR aiming to achieve? Must have loads of time on their hands to think up pointless stories and post it on a forum :laugh2:

Callum
07-11-2008, 03:55 PM
That's absolutely disgusting to think someone would do that. I fell for it as well.

Z
07-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by hannah.
was thinking about this. surely they werent so close for the family to let him know? where would they have got his details from? that's why i didn't post in there

Same, I didn't post in it because I thought there was something suspect about it, but I didn't want to come across as callous, so I just stayed out of it. What a sad person.

Sticks
07-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Chrissy appears to have been what is called a sockpuppet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)). i.e an alternate login that the person behind SamR used as well, so they were the same person.

I mentioned this case in good faith at our bible class in the prayer time on Wednesday, so I was just as taken in. :blush:

It just seems ironic that my question, which was in good faith about a memorial service should expose this as a hoax. I guess I was thinking about our good friend Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird), as I was unable to get down there for the funeral and could only send a condolence card to the family.

I miss ROB, and this brings back the loss of her death through cancer

Wildcat!
07-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Sticks
Chrissy appears to have been what is called a sockpuppet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)). i.e an alternate login that the person behind SamR used as well, so they were the same person.

I mentioned this case in good faith at our bible class in the prayer time on Wednesday, so I was just as taken in. :blush:

It just seems ironic that my question, which was in good faith about a memorial service should expose this as a hoax. I guess I was thinking about our good friend Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird), as I was unable to get down there for the funeral and could only send a condolence card to the family.

I miss ROB, and this brings back the loss of her death through cancer

Awwww! Bless you. Well, its the intention that counts really! Whoever this person is, still could use some prayers anyways!

bbmadman
07-11-2008, 04:28 PM
by the way my name is sam ryan but im not dat sick pervey freak

Zac
07-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by bbmadman
by the way my name is sam ryan but Im not dat sick pervey freak
What a sick thing to do... and is that you SamR, in the quote above, now bbmadman?

Scarlett.
07-11-2008, 05:15 PM
by the way my name is sam ryan but Im not dat sick pervey freak Sure :bored:
that was a very sick thing to do you know:rolleyes::bored:

Ninastar
07-11-2008, 05:15 PM

Hmmmmm........

Red Moon
07-11-2008, 08:24 PM
I think we are all getting a bit jumpy, if you think someone is a banned user it's is best to report the post rather than taking them on on your own, just in case you are wrong.

For example, for bbmadman to be SamR, SamR would have had to moved from Leeds to Southern Ireland over night.

Loukas
07-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I blame myself for believing this Trippe! :mad:

What a C word! I believe in Karma. Thats all im saying. :rolleyes:

Loukas
07-11-2008, 08:30 PM

Had your fun. Fooled most of us, no please just ******* off! :rolleyes:

Jackie
07-11-2008, 08:33 PM
OMG thats terrible I spent hours after wondering how sad this is to such a young person.

Ninastar
07-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by DoubleTrouble

Had your fun. Fooled most of us, no please just ******* off! :rolleyes:

Well said!

supernoodles!
07-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Well who wouldn`t believe something like this,suicide or death of any sort is absolutley no joking matter.
SamR ,Chrissy whatever your name,suicide is a topic close to the heart for some of the members here on tibb,don`t know if you noticed the recent thread reguarding the subject,either way I don`t suppose that would matter to such a low life.
Seriously,grow up ,attention seeking is most unattractive.

hannah.
07-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Couldn't agree more, Laura

_Seth
07-11-2008, 09:05 PM
That's mucked up. http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/mad0071.gif

Red Moon
07-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Could I just say this again:

I think we are all getting a bit jumpy, if you think someone is a banned user it's is best to report the post rather than taking them on on your own, just in case you are wrong.

For example, for bbmadman to be SamR, SamR would have had to moved from Leeds to Southern Ireland over night.

They are different users.

Princess
07-11-2008, 09:09 PM
This is just beyond sick.

Jen
07-11-2008, 09:28 PM
I feel like an idiot...

_Seth
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by JDIZZEL
I feel like an idiot... Don't - a lot of us where tricked. :hug:

supernoodles!
07-11-2008, 09:31 PM
i think we all do a bit,but at the end of the day anyone who doubted it would have come across as a very sick person,its only natural to believe it.

Loukas
07-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by JDIZZEL
I feel like an idiot...

Red Moon
07-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by supernoodles!
i think we all do a bit,but at the end of the day anyone who doubted it would have come across as a very sick person,its only natural to believe it.

It's like I said in the first post, don't feel like a fool because you were sucked in by it.

If you posted your condolences, you did so because are good person that cares and trusts that people wouldn't joke about such a thing.

The only person that should feel ashamed of themselves is SamR.

MrGaryy
07-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I ****ing knew it! I knew as soon as I saw it, it was fake. Both were dodgy, attention-seekers and if you had anything to do with them you'd realise they have serious mental issues and a very bad lying problem.

bronaaaa
07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Dan_
How could anyone do something as sick as that? Disgraceful :bored:

rayheartbliss
07-11-2008, 09:45 PM
ive never seen a samr here before
but ive seen the chrissyone, when BB was on.....
O.O

how can someone make up such thing
thats quite offensive :(

melanie
07-11-2008, 09:48 PM
He had to fake a death to gain attention from a couple of people on the internet. Pathetic.

Red Moon
07-11-2008, 10:52 PM
I like to point something out the other problems this hoax seems to have caused tonight in some of the other topics There have been people claiming that other members are attention seekers. Even in this thread an innocent member has been accused of being SamR.

I can understand this happening after this despicable stunt. We will all be more careful how we read things and what we believe. Some of the trust will be lost on the site, but there is no need call people liars or attention seekers. It's okay to think that but to say it is out of order.

People that are attention seekers will actually enjoy the fact that you are telling them they are lying or seeking attention, because you are giving them attention. You have to remember these people actually enjoy negative attention as much as they do positive attention. There is one basic way of dealing with attention seekers and that is not to give them any attention, i.e don't reply to their posts.

If you have to reply, remember the rules and don't insult them by calling them liars or other names. Just argue your point in a rational way and prove them wrong. There is no need to insult anyone and be careful of others feelings when posting, because some of these people won't be the attention seekers and liars you think they are!

Some of the things, excluding the comments about SamR in this topic, I have seen in other topics tonight would have lead to warnings if this was a normal night, but it's not.

Next time you about to hit the post button when your angry, read the post again and if you find have insulted someone, ask yourself this, would you like it if someone said it about you. If the answer is no..... then don't post it.

Finally if someone insults you, don't reply with another insult, just report and let the admin and moderation team deal with the problem.

rayheartbliss
07-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Red Moon
if someone insults you, don't reply with another insult, just report and let the admin and moderation team deal with the problem.

i done done a few times (i was personally offened with some **** remarks by some members)
but no action was taken -.-

rayheartbliss
07-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by melanie
He had to fake a death to gain attention from a couple of people on the internet. Pathetic.

a Toally agree!

nicE avatar! :D

Red Moon
07-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by rayheartbliss
i done done a few times (i was personally offened with some **** remarks by some members)

but no action was taken -.-

Okay that is fair comment, that sometimes things don't seem to get done, but the post will be checked by several people. When it's my watch I always try, and most cases do reply to reported posts in a U2U.

Tonight there were two reported posts, the result of which ended in closed threads, I feel that was because tonight is a bit unusual because of what has happened. In normal circumstances some of the things said would have deserved warnings.

I will bring the subject up in the towers and see we can make some kind of policy change so that we all do the same thing. We acknowledge reported posts either by acting in a thread or sending a U2U.

Magic
08-11-2008, 08:58 PM
God thats sick. I was a tad suspicious, but not much. DT even had RIP in his MSN name.
Oh well, at least its not us that have issues. Why would anyone do that?

Zac
16-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Flashy
What a sick thing to do... and is that you SamR?
Sorry... misread your words.
I thought you were saying that you (as SamR) was trying to tell us that your not as sick to make something up like that, and that you were calling us 'pervey freaks.'

I feel so embarresed now... http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/ashamed0005.gif