PDA

View Full Version : shyness

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Just thought this might be interestin to discuss. If you met me you wouldnt think it but Im actually quite shy, only my close friends would know this fact but now so do you.:xyxwave: I was terrible at school I had friends but I found it hard to speak in front of the class and what not it was excruciating. Nowadays I just blag it that Im supremely confident lol, it seems to work! Still cant do public speaking though without meds!

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Oh and I hate going to places where theres noone I know!

Lauren
12-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I used to be horrific. I wouldn't look anyone in the eye I didn't know, or couldn't keep eye contact even with people I did know. I was unsure of myself, and didn't dare speak out or speak up.
Being in a group with new people was my worst nightmare.

Now I'm the opposite. I like to meet new people and engage in conversation, and I can obviously keep eye contact now LOL. Obviously I don't just go up to strangers and speak to them (unless drunk, of course) - but I wouldn't class myself as shy these days, nor would my friends.

Sting
12-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by NettoSuperstar!
Just thought this might be interestin to discuss. If you met me you wouldnt think it but Im actually quite shy, only my close friends would know this fact but now so do you.:xyxwave: I was terrible at school I had friends but I found it hard to speak in front of the class and what not it was excruciating. Nowadays I just blag it that Im supremely confident lol, it seems to work! Still cant do public speaking though without meds!
Your not alone,theres lots of people out there the same :thumbs: on the other hand find it easy to speak to people with confidence.I need to with me being an Entertainer,people have a way of seeing through you if you don't come across in the right way :bigsmile:

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 01:50 PM
yeh I know, I like meeting people if I have something in common with them I can talk about but small talk with people I wouldnt noramlly mix with makes me cringe bad

Sting
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
yeh I know, I like meeting people if I have something in common with them I can talk about but small talk with people I wouldnt noramlly mix with makes me cringe bad Your right :thumbs:

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Sting
Your not alone,theres lots of people out there the same :thumbs: on the other hand find it easy to speak to people with confidence.I need to with me being an Entertainer,people have a way of seeing through you if you don't come across in the right way :bigsmile:

your an entertainer are you?

Sting
12-11-2008, 01:53 PM

your an entertainer are you?
yes I do a bit:thumbs2:

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Have you been on the Ant and Dec show?

Sting
12-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Have you been on the Ant and Dec show?
No mate i'm a singer song writer and i play guitar and keyboard:hugesmile:Thats when i'm not out on my scooter which you can see pictured.

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Oh good for you...what a cool lifestyle you lead

Sting
12-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh good for you...what a cool lifestyle you lead
Your only here once and i believe if you live your life being ok with the people you meet,and not hurt anyone, then theres no reason why it should'nt be good.:thumbs:

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 01:59 PM

Right

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 02:01 PM
My life is quite dull in comparison lol

hannah.
12-11-2008, 03:27 PM
I used to be really shy, and then from like year 10 I made more friends and now I'm really really confident haha.. i'll talk to anyone, and in my first communication&culture class at college everyone had to do a presentation about themselves and I was the only person who wasn't shaking haha.. I got an A :angel:

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeh I think it gets better as you get older

hannah.
12-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I mean I was pretty unpopular until about year 10, and then I got some more confidence for no reason I can put my finger on, and therefore started talking to more people, and making more friends which upped my confidence more and that carried on in a circle really. It's so funny, everyone hated me in year 9 and by year 11 I was one of the plastics hahahaha

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 03:35 PM
lol

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 03:36 PM
I think you start to care less what people think as you get older aswell

Spike
12-11-2008, 03:39 PM
I used to be so shy, I still am but not as much
I really don't know why and it holds me back still

NettoSuperstar!
12-11-2008, 03:42 PM
some people just naturally are but I just pretend Im not and that helps if thats makes any sense! Im not that bad these days anyway

Tom
12-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm not shy and never have been but it makes me sad knowing that some people aren't comfortable making eye contact with people or talking to certain people

pinkmichk
12-11-2008, 04:28 PM
i can be really shy when i first meet people and hate going to parties etc where i only know one or two people but once i know people i am far from shy

hannah.
12-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I'm not shy and never have been but it makes me sad knowing that some people aren't comfortable making eye contact with people or talking to certain people

haha you're such a girl

Tom
12-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by hannah.
Originally posted by Tom

haha you're such a girl

LOL

I'm not

I just don't like knowing people are uncomfortable when they shouldn't be

Z
12-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm petrified by public speaking! I used to be extremely shy but I've kind of outgrown it now, I'm quite outgoing :)

Sarah.
12-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm shy around people who I don't know. But with my friends [most of them], I'm crazy. Or when I go to a WWE show [best example lol], I go insane. I guess I don't care what people around me think about me, and it's my only chance to get noticed by my fave superstar, which I did xD So now I'm less shy than I used to be because of that.

bronaaaa
12-11-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm really shy around new people if I'm on my own, but with my friends I'm much more confident

30stone
13-11-2008, 02:55 PM
With or without alcohol? lol

Im usually not all that talkative at first.

But within about half hour im really cocky

then after a while im normal.

I change so much so quickly.

*mazedsalv**
13-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Im really sociable and talkative most of the time, at times I get slaps from friends telling me to shut up. I also like being honest with people, sometimes being honest can hurt a bit though lol

Imo, I dont need drink to be like I am, tbh, Ive never been drunk, Ive drank soo much but never have been drunk, its weird really.

Soo, basically I talk a lot and thats why my parents love me going out because when im home I give them headaches, haha, thats even better for me, I get to go out more :thumbs2:

*mazedsalv**
13-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by hannah.
Yeah, I mean I was pretty unpopular until about year 10, and then I got some more confidence for no reason I can put my finger on, and therefore started talking to more people, and making more friends which upped my confidence more and that carried on in a circle really. It's so funny, everyone hated me in year 9 and by year 11 I was one of the plastics hahahaha

Yeah same with me, I was quite talkative before Year 11, but this summer because I met loads of people I have been even more confident, so it was quite a big difference from year 10 to Year 11. I speak to absoloutley everyone in the year(my year group is split up into different social groups), but I dont care, I like talking to people.

NettoSuperstar!
13-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Ohh If Im drunk I dont shut up, the magic shyness cure, shame it makes you talk endless crap, funny but:bigsmile:

*mazedsalv**
13-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Haha, Im kind of scared to find out how Im like drunk, I wouldnt even try to imagine, I'd be crazy haha

Edit- Theres this girl in Year 8 who is soo shy, she sits by herself at lunch and is alone all the time(well this was a few months ago). Nobody ever went up to her because she thought she was a "freak". So last month I went up to her and she was a really nice girl and it was nice to see her communicating. And i saw her about 2 weeks ago, and she was walking past me with 2 other girls, and I was like "Aww" and I felt all happy lol

Lauren
13-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
Haha, Im kind of scared to find out how Im like drunk, I wouldnt even try to imagine, I'd be crazy haha

Edit- Theres this girl in Year 8 who is soo shy, she sits by herself at lunch and is alone all the time(well this was a few months ago). Nobody ever went up to her because she thought she was a "freak". So last month I went up to her and she was a really nice girl and it was nice to see her communicating. And i saw her about 2 weeks ago, and she was walking past me with 2 other girls, and I was like "Aww" and I felt all happy lol

Aw, thats a lovely story. :hug:

rayheartbliss
13-11-2008, 03:09 PM
im quite shy....and i have an art exibition next week...
i have to talk in front of a lot of people O.O

LemonJam
13-11-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm as shy as a tortoise...who can type.