PDA

View Full Version : Dreams and their meanings and Do your dreams mean anything? (merged)

supernoodles!
28-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Do you pay any attention to your dreams?I don`t normally as I don`t believe in all that 'meaning behind the dream' business but last night i dreamt that all my teeth fell out.It was rather scary:sad:But what was wiered was that I had like about 100 teeth and i was holding most of them in hand and crying,i had to check they were still there when i woke up lol.
So anyway I was a bti curious and just had a quick look on the net to find out its aparant reason behind the dream and here is what I found....
If you have a dream that your teeth are falling out, do not take it literally. You do not need to speed dial your dentist. When you dream your teeth are falling out, it can mean that you have been talking too much lately. Maybe you have been gossiping more than usual, maybe you have said the wrong thing to someone, or maybe you have been speaking without thinking first. This dream can tell you that you have been being too blunt with your speech. It may mean you have subconsciously realised that you said something that you wish you had not said. Look back at things you have said to people lately and see if there is really any one thing you said that seems inappropriate or mean. Did you say something improper at work or did you start an argument with your partner? Maybe you said something you regret to your child. Making amends for these statements can help ease your mind and might stop this dream, which can often be reoccurring.

If you cannot think of anything you have said that you regret, there may be another meaning to your dreams. Sometimes when we dream of our teeth falling out, we are actually concerned about our physical appearance. Think of how important your smile is to your looks. If you dream your teeth are falling out, you may actually be upset with some other aspect of your physical appearance and feel that you are unattractive. This is especially true if you dream you are looking into a mirror when you notice your teeth are falling out. As we age, many of us become worried about wrinkles and grey hair, but remember to tell yourself that you are still beautiful – not matter how old you are!

After all that I am no further forward!So anyway,any strange dreams lately?:joker:

NettoSuperstar!
28-10-2008, 09:04 AM
I have the teeth falling out dream occasionally its a common one! summat to do with change they say!

supernoodles!
28-10-2008, 09:07 AM
possibly,ive had big changes lately so it could be,even though I don`t really believe in all the 'meaning' lark normally.Ive had it before but not for a lonngggg time

NettoSuperstar!
28-10-2008, 09:10 AM
yeh Im not sure what to believe but there might be summat in it. Maybe its a symbolic thing, you lose your teeth when you a kid when theres a lot of change happening going to school and what not, so when change is happening in your life you dream of teeth falling out, makes sense a bit spose. It is a horrible dream though, your like my teeth my ****ing teeth Im gonna look minging lol, could be wot you said aswell, maybe if youve done/said something minging

Jake!
28-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Dreams do have meanings, but I think its based around your current situation not the future or anything like some stupid people think...

*mazedsalv**
28-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Heres some more meanings:

If you dream about poo in any way shape or form, it means that money will come your way. I never believed this until, my mum had a random dream about it, and the next day she won £200 on a scratchcard.

supernoodles!
28-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**

If you dream about poo in any way shape or form, it means that money will come your way. I never believed this until, my mum had a random dream about it, and the next day she won £200 on a scratchcard.

:joker:
never dreamt about poo i dont think

Jake!
28-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by supernoodles!

They've always said poo was lucky. Step in dog tripe, or have a bird dump on your head and your in luck...

*mazedsalv**
28-10-2008, 09:27 AM

Haha, I havnt either.

Jake!
28-10-2008, 09:30 AM

Haha, I havnt either.

How unfortunate! :puzzled:

hannah.
28-10-2008, 01:25 PM
I was staying at my mum's one night and had a dream that my dad and stepmum split up and they did that night
We used to keep chickens and I dreamt that one of them got stolen and killed and it did, and it was clearly by a person like in my dream
my mum's ex moved to ireland for 2 years and we hadnt had any contact with him and one night i had a dream that we saw him in the street because he was back and we did the next day

so yeah.. odd

supernoodles!
28-10-2008, 01:55 PM
ooooh

'thats so raveeennnn,its the future i can seeeee!'

only its in your dreams

lol

hannah.
28-10-2008, 02:18 PM
hahaha yeah
but in my whole life its only happened 3 times, so i dunno.. it's so odd
a while ago I had the scariest dream ever where I was kidnapped by some man and he took me to his house but I managed to escape. I took a photo album so I could identify him and in it there was a photo he'd taken of himself laying in my bed... And he got me at like a certain point at the bottom of the road, and now whenever I see an odd man round there I freak out haha

Annie
28-10-2008, 02:25 PM
I used to have a lot of dreams about my teeth falling out or crumbling away in my mouth and I could feel them all on my tongue! It was disgusting.

It is meant to mean stress and anxiety about change.

hannah.
28-10-2008, 02:27 PM
see i've never had a teeth falling out dream.. If I did I think I'd probably cry because I love my teeth :laugh:

supernoodles!
28-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Annie
I used to have a lot of dreams about my teeth falling out or crumbling away in my mouth and I could feel them all on my tongue! It was disgusting.

It is meant to mean stress and anxiety about change.

well yeah that would be spot on then.hmmm maybe i do beleive in dreams having meanings after all.They started crumbling away at first as well and i could feel them like you said,on my tounge eww.I remember having this pile in my hand and i went 'but they were so white as well'

loool

Jake!
28-10-2008, 03:03 PM
That's really weird...

Nicky.
28-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow! Thats a really weird dream! Not something Ive dreamt about before xD

Last night I dreamt my laptop came back and it was all fixed and everything..

so now my laptop will be fully broken and will have to get another one xD

Jake!
28-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Dreams, their very wierd. You always see smeone in every single one of them, and you don't even know them...

supernoodles!
28-10-2008, 03:18 PM
eh?
i never have dreams about people i dont know

Annie
28-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I dont like dreams. They do actually really scare me. :(

I always dream of people i love dying and me not being able to do anything about it. :rolleyes:

Jake!
28-10-2008, 03:36 PM
eh?
i never have dreams about people i dont know

No, there's someone of your imagination in every single one...

Tom
28-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Annie
I dont like dreams. They do actually really scare me. :(

I always dream of people i love dying and me not being able to do anything about it. :rolleyes:

From an analysis site:

To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do you like about him. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, it indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life.

To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life.

Dreams are supposed to be representations anyway, not something you want to happen or something that will happen. If you dream you've won the lottery and then you do win it its nothing to do with the dream, winning the lottery in your dream represents something else.

supernoodles!
28-10-2008, 03:38 PM
i dont understand Jake

Jake!
28-10-2008, 03:41 PM
i dont understand Jake

Like say I dreamt of a fire and I was trapped in that house. The firefighter would save me, and big who har. But I've seen the firefighter, I don't them i real life my immagination made him up.

Next night I dream I work in an office, andguess who my boss is, Mr Firefighter. Itsthe same person, I don't know them they just take a part in my dream...

Get it..?

supernoodles!
28-10-2008, 03:44 PM
ah right i see,i think.

NettoSuperstar!
28-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Flying and being naked at work/school are common ones aswell and running but you can only go really slowly Ive had them a few times!

GhettoSuperstar
28-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I have dreams about people I may not neccessarily fancy and then if the dream involves some kind of romantic involvement with them then I start to have feelings toward them, tis quite weird and has happened a good few times.

supernoodles!
28-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSuperstar
I have dreams about people I may not neccessarily fancy and then if the dream involves some kind of romantic involvement with them then I start to have feelings toward them, tis quite weird and has happened a good few times.

OMG me too!and everyone i ask about it is always like wtf are you on about!
wow,i thought i was the only one
:hug:

GhettoSuperstar
28-10-2008, 06:41 PM

Haha its weird innit!
It actually started a relationship for me which is even weirder!

Indierock&roll
28-10-2008, 07:28 PM
x factor people were in my dream last night, well scott, austin and eoghan :|
it was so wierd and i got stung by a wasp in it
and the night before i had a dream about that big huge waterfall like the biggest in the world now im terrified of it

MrCleversmith
28-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Do you pay any attention to your dreams?I don`t normally as I don`t believe in all that 'meaning behind the dream' business but last night i dreamt that all my teeth fell out.It was rather scary:sad:But what was wiered was that I had like about 100 teeth and i was holding most of them in hand and crying,i had to check they were still there when i woke up lol.
So anyway I was a bti curious and just had a quick look on the net to find out its aparant reason behind the dream and here is what I found....
If you have a dream that your teeth are falling out, do not take it literally. You do not need to speed dial your dentist. When you dream your teeth are falling out, it can mean that you have been talking too much lately. Maybe you have been gossiping more than usual, maybe you have said the wrong thing to someone, or maybe you have been speaking without thinking first. This dream can tell you that you have been being too blunt with your speech. It may mean you have subconsciously realised that you said something that you wish you had not said. Look back at things you have said to people lately and see if there is really any one thing you said that seems inappropriate or mean. Did you say something improper at work or did you start an argument with your partner? Maybe you said something you regret to your child. Making amends for these statements can help ease your mind and might stop this dream, which can often be reoccurring.

If you cannot think of anything you have said that you regret, there may be another meaning to your dreams. Sometimes when we dream of our teeth falling out, we are actually concerned about our physical appearance. Think of how important your smile is to your looks. If you dream your teeth are falling out, you may actually be upset with some other aspect of your physical appearance and feel that you are unattractive. This is especially true if you dream you are looking into a mirror when you notice your teeth are falling out. As we age, many of us become worried about wrinkles and grey hair, but remember to tell yourself that you are still beautiful – not matter how old you are!

After all that I am no further forward!So anyway,any strange dreams lately?:joker:

I dont remember my dreams only my nightmares.

I had a nightmare last night that in 4 days time it was halloween.

Maybe I should stop reading books on witchcraft and stick to beano and dandy.

supernoodles!
28-10-2008, 09:26 PM

Haha its weird innit!

oooh cool:cheer:
nah never got that far with me :sad:although i had this dream i had a baby boy once and the next day i was SO broody it was unreal and i really missed this baby i had in the dream,it felt as if id lost it lol sounds very strange i know ,its freaky how you can develop feelings due to a dream:conf2:

Magic
28-10-2008, 09:44 PM
When I was 9/10 I had a dream where we went bankcrupt or sommit LOL (Was happening on a soap I think) and I had a baby brother. We had to move in to this tower block of flats, and then they burned down, and my Dad was on the top of it, burning! And only woman and children could come down, everyone else had to die :S

At the end of the fire, the bottom floor was full of melted wax, and there was a siren like that on Titanic. And Pat from EastEnders was crying because Frank died LMAO.

That shows I am messed up and watched to much telly!

One of my most vivid dreams ever though, I even remember the colours etc.

*mazedsalv**
28-10-2008, 09:47 PM

Haha its weird innit!

oooh cool:cheer:
nah never got that far with me :sad:although i had this dream i had a baby boy once and the next day i was SO broody it was unreal and i really missed this baby i had in the dream,it felt as if id lost it lol sounds very strange i know ,its freaky how you can develop feelings due to a dream:conf2:

Yeah, in my dream I had the most amazing girfriend, she was fun, bubbly, funny, sociable. And then i woke up feeling really lonely, weird how I seemed to fall in love with a girl I made up in my head.

:)tom:)
28-10-2008, 09:51 PM
omg i had that dream once
me and freddy murphey were running around new york and my teeth kept falling out and nobody would help me!

hannah.
31-10-2008, 11:41 AM
hahaha I love hearing about other peoples dreams, they're all so random and funny haha
I once had one that I was in school and I looked out the window and the sun was a giant yellow plastic flower and it had a stalk and I really wanted to find where it was attatched to the ground, and there were like loads of orange balloons coming off the flower. I woke up so confused and a bit dissappointed the next day hahaha

supernoodles!
31-10-2008, 12:58 PM
im having randoms every single night now!
last night i was on a school trip with two of my best friends from primary school (niether of which i get on with any more) and we were going abroad somewhere (greece i think) and one minute we were on a bus then suddenly it turned into a plane wtf,next thing i knew we were in a supermarket trying to stock up on food and magazines for the week:shocked:

Magic
31-10-2008, 08:58 PM
'Cuz you aint been flossing Laura.

supernoodles!
31-10-2008, 10:59 PM
oooh i cant floss it feels wiered!
never had a filling though:banana:

Magic
01-11-2008, 01:57 PM
OMG.
Just remembered bits, not all of it.
I know Laura, Hannah and maybe Sia were in it.

There was a Car which I was driving (Looking at cars today) and then I drove somewhere in a field, and Spandau Ballet were playing LOL because I kept listenibg to them yesterday, and then on the stage was Hannah who I think may of had Sia with her ('Cuz everyone was in a convo last night?) but she had her name wrote on her face.

Then we all drove off and I saw my real friends LOL and then there was an explosion, because my car crashed with Steve Owen from EastEnders in the back (Was on a programe I watched after EE last night) and then Supernoodles and my real friend drove us.

I cant remember much else, but we kept driving in to walls and then going in to the bricks.

[/ I am a sad sad sad sad sad person]

Princess
01-11-2008, 02:00 PM
It was freaky this morning-my mum was saying to me in a dream and 2 seconds later my brother came in and said we should ring her.

supernoodles!
02-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Magic
OMG.
Just remembered bits, not all of it.
I know Laura, Hannah and maybe Sia were in it.

There was a Car which I was driving (Looking at cars today) and then I drove somewhere in a field, and Spandau Ballet were playing LOL because I kept listenibg to them yesterday, and then on the stage was Hannah who I think may of had Sia with her ('Cuz everyone was in a convo last night?) but she had her name wrote on her face.

Then we all drove off and I saw my real friends LOL and then there was an explosion, because my car crashed with Steve Owen from EastEnders in the back (Was on a programe I watched after EE last night) and then Supernoodles and my real friend drove us.

I cant remember much else, but we kept driving in to walls and then going in to the bricks.

[/ I am a sad sad sad sad sad person]

hahahah sam ,what do you mean 'real' friend!!I am not 'real' am i not welll FINE!
I joke lol

Anyway last night i had one where i fell out with my college friends i cant remember why though and for some reason I was trying to straighten my hair at college in this computor room,it was just plain wiered.

Sod_James
14-11-2008, 02:48 PM
ok so heres the deal.

I had this propper freaky dream the other night. scared the absolute hell out of me, never had a dream that bad before. it was so vivid it was like i was there.

and i was just wondering. do you dream about stuff, do your dreams have any meaning to you? has a dream ever come true? what are they all about?

Lauren
14-11-2008, 02:49 PM
I only agree that dreams mean something to the extent where... if you're stressed you'll have more vivid/out of control dreams. If there's something particular on your mind, it might feature in your dream.

Other than that I don't think there's dream interpretations or anything.

Novo
14-11-2008, 03:05 PM
i had a dream about hannah yesterday

we got married

:love:

hannah.
14-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by andy-dale-win
i had a dream about hannah yesterday

we got married

:love:

:lovedup:

Novo
14-11-2008, 03:20 PM
i wanted a divorce straight away...

hannah.
14-11-2008, 03:54 PM
:sad:

Angel.D
14-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Lauren
I only agree that dreams mean something to the extent where... if you're stressed you'll have more vivid/out of control dreams. If there's something particular on your mind, it might feature in your dream.

Other than that I don't think there's dream interpretations or anything.

I agree with you i have got to say though i went out with my friends one night for a drink and i had a bit to drink that night . now my dad was very ill at the time and he had a bad cheist now he at to ware crape bandage round him to help the pain he sufferd now i came in late and went to sleep on the settee and in the middle of the night i thought i was having a dream and i was shouting and sceaming and it was my dad getting a drink it was just like the mummey and he then woak me up and said whats wrong with you i wet my self i will never for get that :blush2:

Christina
15-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Ive noticed these past 2 months that every now and then i will have these really weird/upsetting dreams and id love to know why.

Last night i had one that my dad only had a few hours to live and he was in hospital and nobody else except me seemed to care. Then he dies.. and then it leaves me in the most awful mood in the morning because thats all i can think about.

I also keep having these dreams where my nan will be back in my house [as some of you may know she passed away recently and i was extremley close to her etc..] thats quite upsetting aswell.

And ive had like 3 dreams where my friends have either been shot, commited suicide or just died on the spot and its always only me thats there. And also last night i had a dream that my friends little sis had just got down syndrome..

Id love to know why i keep having these dreams, isit stress? im not sure. But all i know is that they leave me feeling really upset and in one dream i actually woke up crying which is really strange! Ive had other weird dreams but why are they occuring so much these last few months? :shrug:

Wildcat!
15-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Awww man! that sucks! I had a series of dreams, where I kept getting shot! Then it takes me a few seconds to try to wake up! But when I do I am real happy!

I heard its good when you dream of people dying and stuff!:shrug:

Christina
15-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Aint_mad_atcha
Awww man! that sucks! I had a series of dreams, where I kept getting shot! Then it takes me a few seconds to try to wake up! But when I do I am real happy!

I heard its good when you dream of people dying and stuff!:shrug: Lol but for some reason its never me, its always someone im close to like my friends/fam and its always only me there and theres never anything that i can do to stop it :conf2: