PDA

View Full Version : your school/college dinners

supernoodles!
21-11-2008, 03:52 PM
What are they like at your school or college?Have you noticed any changes in the meals since the government brought all this healthy eating lark into schools?
When I was in yr 11 and still at school ,they took our vending machines away and replaced them with water fountains,good for me as I love water but I have to admit school wasn`t the same with the good old vending machine.My sister is ten and still at primary school,she takes packed lunch but has been 'banned' from having chocolate and crisps in her lunch box,i think this is a disgrace!If my parents choose to give my sister a treat whilst she is at school then i think that this should be totally up to them and has absolutly nothing to do with the teachers or the school!Its not like she is over weight-infact she is the opposite,I don`t understand why she should be denied such foods just becuase some the of nations kids are obese.

Novo
21-11-2008, 03:55 PM
i didnt think there were bans to take chocolate and crisps to school

Locke.
21-11-2008, 03:55 PM
I've never eaten in high school or college. When I was in School we'd climb over the wall and go to sayers or the chippy, and now at College we either go to mcdonalds or I come home for half an hour.

Ninastar
21-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Are school is stupid and tried to fit everyonewho brings a lunchbox to school on some stairs. Were not allowed to go outside to eat. And no lol i havent seen any changes. ts been digusting for ever

supernoodles!
21-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by andy-dale-win
i didnt think there were bans to take chocolate and crisps to school
I think it may be primary schools rather than secondary ones.Also the teachers tell the kids off if they eat their crisps before their sanwhiches:rolleyes:
pathetic

Tom
21-11-2008, 04:45 PM
In school everyone used to sneak out because the dinners were awful. In college they were alright but everyone went out anyway

School dinners have all changed anyway since people 18+ went, they changed them all quite recently because of Jamie *********g Oliver

supernoodles!
21-11-2008, 05:06 PM
we have quite a good choice in college but there sarnie selection SUCKS!why can`t they just do something plain instead of putting beetroot or mayo or chutney with EVERYTHING blerruuugh.

bronaaaa
21-11-2008, 05:12 PM
My school's never had vending machines or anything..we have one water despenser that never has water \ cups :bored:

I only take dinner the odd time but my friends take dinner and its alright..very overpriced but..the stuffing and gravy is AMAZING :lovedup:

Princess
21-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Before 6th year,I'd bring a sandwich in and a bottle of water. During 6th year it was all Pot Noodles and tinned soup,basically anything you could make in the microwave! So far in college,I've been sandwiches from M&S,or food from Spar. I'm gonna to start trying to bring food in though because I'm running out of money!

MR.K!
21-11-2008, 05:23 PM
we have to load money onto our school cards at the machines in our year's concourse area. When i stay at school i usually have a tuna sandwich or a panini and a rice crispie square YUM

texbex
22-11-2008, 05:26 PM
yeah ive noticed at my sixth form theres healthy pasta dishes and jacket potatoes but they also serve the traditional school dinners where you get main meal and pudding
but they serve pizza,hot dogs and pretzels at breaktimes :/

Nicky.
22-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned :shocked:

Omg! That's going a bit OTT..!

We just have more healthy stuff at the butty bar && canteen (: The prices shot up a bit too xD

I just take a butty and a bag of crisps or something xD

Xander
22-11-2008, 05:51 PM
It's more of a food shop really, but there ok. :)
Although I have Starbucks for lunch. :bigsmile: