PDA

View Full Version : Music or Sport?

Princess
26-11-2008, 06:05 PM
I just had an argument with my brother that more people in the world love music than sport. He thinks more people like sport than music and I think more people like music than sport. My argument was justified in that he loves sport and likes music and I love music but hate sport.

Do you think worldwide sport or music is more loved?

xDramatick
26-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Music by far.

I hate Sports, I never watch it and couldn't care less.
On the other hand, I breath music.

Locke.
26-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Sport.

Tom
26-11-2008, 06:11 PM
sport

Princess
26-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Are you two voting on what you like or what you think is liked more?

Tom
26-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Princess

both

Callum
26-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Music.

Locke.
26-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Princess

Both, the Super Bowl is the most watched program in the USA every year, and thats just 1 sport.

For many years, the Super Bowl has had a very large television audience in the U.S., and it is often the most watched television program of the year. The game tends to have high Nielsen television ratings which usually come in around a 40 rating and 60 share (i.e., on average, 40 percent of all U.S. households, and 60 percent of all homes tuned into television during the game). This means that on average, 80 to 90 million Americans are tuned into the Super Bowl at any given moment. It is also estimated that 130-140 million tune into some part of the game.

I think more people will listen to music than those who watch/play sport, but most people who do both would probably chose sport.

Jen
26-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Darenn
Music by far.

I hate Sports, I never watch it and couldn't care less.
On the other hand, I breath music.
Couldn't have put it better myself.. :)

:love:

Lauren
26-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Well.

I think more people LIKE music than like sport. But that's because there's not much to dislike about music.

However, I think there's more people excessively passionate about sport than there are people dedicating their life to music. So sport.

Novo
26-11-2008, 06:47 PM
it is sport

MrGaryy
26-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Music I reckon.

Personally, I would sooner shoot myself in the foot than play sport. I do everything in my power to get out of PE every week. I even asked a doctor to give me a note without any illness.

Mark
26-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Lauren
Well.
But that's because there's not much to dislike about music.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LTN4RLLpRYc

this? :shocked:

Tom
26-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Gazbo
Music I reckon.

Personally, I would sooner shoot myself in the foot than play sport. I do everything in my power to get out of PE every week. I even asked a doctor to give me a note without any illness.

But what would more people watch on TV, an episode of CDUK (if it was on) or the World Cup Final?

Lauren
26-11-2008, 06:56 PM
My god Mark. Why... why...

Mark
26-11-2008, 06:57 PM
I was actually looking for the "I've got a song that'll get on your nerves..." by him, but couldn't find it. Stumbled up this one instead :blush:

ParentalAdvisory
26-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Mark, technically that's not music. It would be misrepresentation to call that music. lol

Edit to add: I voted music, because I don't know anyone who dislikes music, whereas I do know people who dislike sport.

bronaaaa
26-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Probaly sport..but just because football is so big

MrGaryy
26-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Music I reckon.

But what would more people watch on TV, an episode of CDUK (if it was on) or the World Cup Final?

World Cup Final, but for several reasons. Music is much more accessable to people than sport is, they have the radio, CD's music channels, music magazines, award shows, where as sport fans only really have watching it on telly or going to the games (I know there is the odd sport mag too).

Also a lot of people might watch a world cup final to be patriactic (SP?) to their country or as many bet on foot ball games.

AngRemembered
26-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Personally I really feel for people who genuinely say they dont like either catergory, in fact I find it hard to believe that people actually exist without liking ANY music or ANY sport.

Very sad:sad:

I personally chose sport in this instance on the basis of single events, more people will watch/support/ and unite watching an event like a world cup finals/ and final, than say a big music event.
I think in this respect sport just edges music in uniting people in a common cause, but both should be loved passionately in life and its a sad loss if you choose to dislike or ignore one of them completely.

Christina
26-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Callum
Music.

30stone
26-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Duno how much in it i put sport because music is average to me.

BigSister
26-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I would say people would choose music over sport but i disagree and choose sport

Ashleee:)
26-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I love music, its everywhere. I couldnt imagine my life with no music in it, but i could however life without sport. And im not just being a typical girl, i do love sports, especially football, but music is something else.

Kornetto
27-11-2008, 05:49 PM
I think Music is loved more , than sport. But i like both. :spin:

Tom
27-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Music I reckon.

World Cup Final, but for several reasons. Music is much more accessable to people than sport is, they have the radio, CD's music channels, music magazines, award shows, where as sport fans only really have watching it on telly or going to the games (I know there is the odd sport mag too).

Also a lot of people might watch a world cup final to be patriactic (SP?) to their country or as many bet on foot ball games.

Right, well something in sport and music on an equal field. More people watch Euro than the Eurovision Song Contest.

MrGaryy
27-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Originally posted by Tom
Music I reckon.

Right, well something in sport and music on an equal field. More people watch Euro than the Eurovision Song Contest.

You can hardly compare the two. The Europian League games are still taken very seriously and are a major event in the football season. The Eurovision is known as a joke now, many shun it due to political voting. Most music lovers wouldn't watch the Eurovision, so it's hardly a fair representation of music.

30stone
27-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Music just annoys me most of the time i dislike most of it.

Tom
27-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Originally posted by Tom
Music I reckon.

You can hardly compare the two. The Europian League games are still taken very seriously and are a major event in the football season. The Eurovision is known as a joke now, many shun it due to political voting. Most music lovers wouldn't watch the Eurovision, so it's hardly a fair representation of music.

Then look in the past where Eurovision was taken seriously.

Princess
27-11-2008, 07:54 PM
But Eurovision is mostly pop,there so many genre's of music.

MrGaryy
27-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Originally posted by Tom
Originally posted by Tom
Music I reckon.

Then look in the past where Eurovision was taken seriously.

I've looked and seen that music was also much less accessable, downloading wasn't the norm, there weren't many music channel or magazines. Just radio, MTV and TOTP, so of course more tuned in then. But it still isn't a fair comparison as the eurovision only ever displayed maybe two genre's of music at most.

Spike
27-11-2008, 07:55 PM
This is a hard one, i'm going to say Music