PDA

View Full Version : V2004!

Amy
14-08-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm going away next friday - Monday to Staffordshire for V2004 :hello::hello::hello::hello:
I can't wait, although the thought of sleeping in a tent for three days is not top on my list of things I'm looking forward to while there but i'm sure a lot of drink will let me forget about that :hello::hello::hello: Anyone else going to V2004???

rachb
14-08-2004, 08:28 PM
I hope you have good time Amy.I'll look out for you on the news:thumbs:
I'm sure to recognise you, you'll be the girl wearing an 'I love Dermot T shirt' with lots of empty bud bottles by your side:laugh:
just behave yourself for once:thumbs::love:

Amy
14-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by rachb
just behave yourself for once:thumbs::love:

MOI!!!! :hugesmile: I always behave myself http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilies/lieb/24.gif :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rachb
14-08-2004, 08:51 PM
:rolleyes::bored:

BigSister
14-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Have a good time Amy, whats bands are on?

Amy
14-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by BigSister
Have a good time Amy, whats bands are on?

Lots...
Muse, Dido, Snow Patrol, INME see here for full list.... V2004 (http://www.vfestival.com/vfestival/pages/index.cfm)

BigSister
14-08-2004, 09:14 PM
ooh cool
*Glares*
Keaneeeeeee you lucky girl

Amy
14-08-2004, 09:15 PM
ooh cool
*Glares*
Keaneeeeeee you lucky girl

:thumbs: I can't wait :hello::dance::hello:

BigSister
14-08-2004, 09:16 PM
make sure you do a full report:xyxwave:

Amy
14-08-2004, 09:16 PM
make sure you do a full report:xyxwave:

Will do Mate :thumbs:

BigSister
14-08-2004, 09:17 PM
cool:laugh:

Lance
14-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Amy
I can't wait, although the thought of sleeping in a tent for three days is not top on my list of things I'm looking forward to while there but i'm sure a lot of drink will let me forget about that.

Its not that bad!I spent ten days living in a tent while in germany while living on a budget of about £2.50 a day between two!

Amy
20-08-2004, 06:10 AM
I'm off today folks to the festival :dance: Lets hope it doesn't rain too much :bawling: I'll be back monday, bye for now :xyxwave:

:wavey:

rachb
20-08-2004, 07:03 AM
Have fun Amy:love:
http://www.bakpak.nl/newzealand/noordeiland/Tent.gif

LEE
20-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Have a great time Amy, I just hope the horrendous rain we have today clears up for you :thumbs:

Take your wellies just in case :laugh:

BigSister
20-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Have a great time Amy:hello:

JC
20-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Have fun Amy. :xyxwave:

sweetlittlesara
20-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Have fun Amy!! I went last year and it was incredible, really enjoyed it, you should really stay the last night though, its the most fun! Go to the green campsite!! Im not going this year :bawling: decided to go to Reading instead!

Amy
23-08-2004, 07:11 PM
I'm back :xyxwave: I had an excellent time very sun burnt :blush: Highlights Snow Patrol, Dido, pink, The Strokes, Keane and Muse I had an EXCELLENT time, I lost 7lbs in weight :shocked: the toliets may have helped in me losing my weight they were how can i put it http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilies/eklig/24.gif

Amy
23-08-2004, 07:34 PM
I apologise for any pots's I make that have already been posted BTW sorryI expect I'll miss some :blush:

rachb
23-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Welcome back Amy:hello::hello::hello:glad you had a good time.Whats this about sunburn:shocked::shocked::shocked:I don't know how you managed that one:rolleyes:

Amy
23-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Thanks Rach :xyxwave:
Brilliant time and yesI'm burnt I have burnt ears are like traffic lights stuck on red :laugh: I can hear me work mates now :blush::blush::blush::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BigSister
23-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Glad you had a great time Amy!

Amy
23-08-2004, 08:06 PM
talking of V I went on a ride that takes you all the way to the top of a big stand type thingy, then leaves you there for about 3 mins so you try to keep your shoes on whilst danngling from a height then it suddenley drops! OMG we laughed at that ride for hours, very scary.

Amy
23-08-2004, 08:53 PM
An article on V!!!!!!!!!!!!..........................

Pink says V Festival is mind-blowing

Music stars including Dido, Pink, Keane and Kelis have performed for fans at the ninth annual V Festival in Staffordshire and Essex.

"This is my first festival. Just looking at the stage was absolutely mind-blowing," said Pink.

The Pixies and The Strokes are due to headline the event later.

Pink, whose hits include Get The Party Started, told Virgin Radio that the experience had given her a buzz.

"It's a real trip, there were so many faces looking at me."

More than 50 bands will perform live at the weekend festival, including New York band the Scissor Sisters, who recently performed at Glastonbury.

"We last played V in 2001 and have been looking forward to coming back since then," rock band Muse said in a statement launching the festival. It's a cool festival with a great vibe. The diverse styles of the bands performing always make for a really interesting line-up."

The gates opened at noon on Saturday, with London pop act Big Brovaz kicking off the music.

Famous faces in the crowd included pop singer Sophie Ellis Bextor, who brought along her baby son, born earlier this year.

EastEnders actress Scarlett Johnson, who plays Vicki Fowler, and actor Jeremy Edwards, were also at Chelmsford.

Article Ananova (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1072377.html?menu=entertainment.music)

James
23-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Did you see any BB5 housemates? Quite a few of them were there.

Amy
23-08-2004, 09:12 PM
No - I saw no one remotely famous as I was at the staffordshire Show - they were probably at Chelmsford! I'd have liked to though

Amy
24-08-2004, 08:11 AM
Here is a link to some photos of the BB folks at the festival in Chelmsford I'm REALLY GUTTED that I was not at the Chelmsford festival as Mr O'Leary was at that one :bawling: could he not have travelled to watch the staffordshire one :bawling:

Wire Image (http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====73142&nbc1=1)

rachb
24-08-2004, 08:23 AM
aaaw Amy another chance to meet him missed:bawling::bawling:
At least there are some nice pics of him though.
I think next year you'll have to remember to go to that one instead

Amy
24-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by rachb
I think next year you'll have to remember to go to that one instead

We'd have prefered to go to Chelmsford but tickets sold out very quickly there so we were only able to get Staffordshire tickets! If only Dermot had known this he would have come searching for me I expect :laugh: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Amy
24-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Here's another little snippet from The Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2004390551,00.html)

Big Brother’s VANESSA NIMMO thought she looked immaculate on the arm of boyfriend BEN FOGLE.

Shame she didn’t notice the toilet paper hanging from the bottom of her shoe.

sweetlittlesara
24-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Glad you had a good time Amy, I had an amazing time last year, went to Staffordshire as well and went on that ride!! At least i think it was the same one, did you get to the top and then they left you there for what seemed ages and there were all these creaking noises which made you think it had broken. It was incredible!!

Hope you dont have post festival Blues!!

Cant wait til Reading!

Amy
24-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by sweetlittlesara
did you get to the top and then they left you there for what seemed ages and there were all these creaking noises which made you think it had broken. It was incredible!!

That was the one Sara! We got to the top and started thinking I don't think I like this ride any more :laugh: We came off that ride laughing so much that other people were laughing at us :blush: Great ride though :spin2: