PDA

View Full Version : Injured Rib

Lauren
30-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Anyone else had it?

It's like a nerve keeps trapping on my left side midway down. It only usually happens at night when I lie on that side and it'll suddenly trap and I have to shallow breathe until it "untraps" (for want of a better description haha).

Pretty sure I've just damaged an intercostal muscle and I can't rest it because it's a frequently used muscle.

Any hints apart from total bed rest that will heal it quicker? It's been on off for like a month now.

bigbrocks
30-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Go see a chiropractor, they will adjust it for u

Lauren
30-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by bigbrocks
Go see a chiropractor, they will adjust it for u

I think it's just the muscle not the bone though, because it'll just suddenly trap kinda like a sudden cramp.

Thanks for the advice though. :spin2:

Novo
30-11-2008, 11:54 PM
yes i get this all the time

it's painfull when you breath to much

it does go

Annie
30-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Its to do with your posture. Its a muscle problem - not the actual rib.

Feeling sharp to breathe?

Lauren
01-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Annie
Its to do with your posture. Its a muscle problem - not the actual rib.

Feeling sharp to breathe?

Yeah but it only started happening recently and at night if I lay on the side opposite to it.

It's as if I've suddenly injured it, but yeah sharp to breathe explains it well. It'll go as soon as I twist right/ lay the other way or something.

I generally have good posture though?

Christ it hurts though, haha.

Lauren
01-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by andy-dale-win
yes i get this all the time

it's painfull when you breath to much

it does go

Yeah, I can only breathe in to a certain amount and then it hurts. (Not all of the time, only went it's trapped).

Thanks Andy.

Xander
01-12-2008, 01:00 AM
:shocked: So thats what it is!
I get that quite alot actually, I always thought it was wind or something. :tongue:

Lauren
01-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Aw hey I'm pleased to here some people get this, even if it isn't as often as me at the moment!

I think I may have injured it when I got a wee bit angry at Tiger Woods on the wii a month or two ago. Not even kidding.

Mrluvaluva
01-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Lauren

Aw hey I'm pleased to here some people get this, even if it isn't as often as me at the moment!

I think I may have injured it when I got a wee bit angry at Tiger Woods on the wii a month or two ago. Not even kidding.

How did you manage to do this playing on a games console? Mind you, some of those games can be quite energetic.

Tom
01-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I get it sometimes as well, its really annoying. Then I get scared to take a big breath in case it hurts :joker:

Lauren
01-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Mrluvaluva

How did you manage to do this playing on a games console? Mind you, some of those games can be quite energetic.

My bf was winning and he wasn't letting me win. So when it came to my go I swung the "wiimote" stupidly hard to try and get the ball up the course....

It didn't hurt at the time but if I remember correctly it started hurting after that night hahaah.

Lauren
01-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I get it sometimes as well, its really annoying. Then I get scared to take a big breath in case it hurts :joker:

LOOOL, yes. But then I look like a dick because I'm sat there concentrating on my breathing and taking short shallow breaths so it sounds like I'm panting/orgasming.

Damn you rib.

NettoSuperstar!
01-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Id go to the Dr

MR.K!
01-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Anyone else had it?

It's like a nerve keeps trapping on my left side midway down. It only usually happens at night when I lie on that side and it'll suddenly trap and I have to shallow breathe until it "untraps" (for want of a better description haha).

Pretty sure I've just damaged an intercostal muscle and I can't rest it because it's a frequently used muscle.

Any hints apart from total bed rest that will heal it quicker? It's been on off for like a month now. OMFG ! I ve actually had that exact problem recently! I would really like to know what caused it. Its so annoying when it happens.
My thoughts lie with you :L

BigSister
01-12-2008, 04:08 PM
no never had that Lauren but hope you get better soon

Mrluvaluva
02-12-2008, 11:23 AM

My bf was winning and he wasn't letting me win. So when it came to my go I swung the "wiimote" stupidly hard to try and get the ball up the course....

It didn't hurt at the time but if I remember correctly it started hurting after that night hahaah.

So nasty of your boyfriend not to let you win. Poor Lauren. Lol. I hope it clears up soon. You need more wii practice.

Lauren
02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Haha I know Baz, not only did he not let me win, but he laughed at my attempts too.

Hasn't hurt the past 2 nights so maybe it's healing. Hope so anyway.

Mrluvaluva
02-12-2008, 12:36 PM

Haha I know Baz, not only did he not let me win, but he laughed at my attempts too.

What a nasty guy. Laughing at you too. :joker: You will have to practice in secret and beat him at his own game.