PDA

View Full Version : For Harry Potter Fans

Amy
16-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Riddle over Potter tales
HARRY Potter author JK Rowling tantalised her fans at a reading of her books yesterday.

She said child wizard Harry would survive to the seventh volume but refused to confirm if he would reach adulthood.

The mum of two also told an audience in Edinburgh: “There are two questions I don’t think I’ve ever been asked.

“Readers should ask themselves, ‘Why didn’t Voldemort die?’

“And the second question is, ‘Why didn’t Dumbledore kill, or try to kill Voldemort?’”

Article from The Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004380715,00.html)

Amy
16-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Another article from the Daily Mirror....

HARRY SAFE FOR NOW SAYS JK Aug 16 2004

HARRY Potter writer J.K. Rowling hinted yesterday the boy wizard may die in the next-but-one book.

She told young fans at the Edinburgh book festival: "He will survive to book seven, mainly because I don't want to be strangled by you lot.

"But I don't want to say whether he grows any older than that."

She added: "There are two questions I don't think I've ever been asked and that I should have been asked.

"Why didn't Voldemort die? and Why didn't Dumbledore kill or try to kill Voldemort?"

-CHILDREN will be banned from the UK's first Harry Potter conference. Only over-18s will be allowed to attend the £195-a-head event in Reading next year "as it is is aimed at academics and adult fans", said organisers Accio UK.

Article Daily Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=14535954%26method=full%26siteid=50143% 26headline=harry%2dsafe%2dfor%2dnow%2dsays%2djk-name_page.html)

BigSister
17-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Yeah thank you for that Amy:thumbs:

Amy
01-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Another article ....

Potter spotters' JK clues
HARRY Potter author JK Rowling has revealed the titles of three chapters from her next book.

The names are found on her website – but fans need patience and a bit of wizardry to find them.

The titles are for chapters 2, 6 and 14 of Rowling’s sixth book, Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince.

Rowling, 39, who has made over £500million, has ensured that working them out is a tease.

Fans who log on to www.jkrowling.co.uk must first locate a hairband on her messy desk.

It transports viewers to a door, where a ghostly message and several gold keys eventually appear.

Then click on the right key, find a secret drawer and solve a riddle.

The names of the titles are below. Don’t look if you don’t want to know!

The titles are Chapter 2: Spinners End, 6: Draco’s Detour, 14: Felix Felicis.

The Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004503142,00.html)

Amy
22-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Rowling reveals book date

HARRY Potter author JK Rowling gave fans an early Christmas gift yesterday by revealing her new book will be published on July 16.

JK, 39, was not expected to unveil the date for Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince until Christmas Day.

But yesterday she said on her website, which is designed like a desk: I was sure those of you who celebrate Christmas have better things to do on the day itself than fight your way into my study, whereas those of you who dont celebrate Christmas would definitely prefer not to wait until the 25th.

The long-awaited news sent shares in British publisher Bloomsbury soaring by eight per cent, adding 16million to the firms value.

Yesterday JK expecting her third child said she was pleased with her latest tale, which will cost 16.99. She told fans: Im as happy as Ive ever been with the end result.

I hope you feel it was worth the wait when you finally read it!

JK has spilled a few secrets about the new book, which is expected to be her second longest after her 870-page mega-seller Order Of The Phoenix, published in June 2003.

The Sun exclusively revealed earlier this year that she will kill off one character, but not Harry who will survive for a final tale.

Last night news of the date swept across Potter websites.

One young fan wrote: Im so excited! Weve waited so long!

Another said: Its made my Christmas.

The Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004591678,00.html)

BigSister
22-12-2004, 03:45 PM
wahoooooo but I come back from my holidays that day

Romantic Old Bird
23-12-2004, 07:08 AM
MMM, I am sensing a sort of Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker/possibly even Authurian thing going on here.

Harry's parents were muggles weren't they?

Could Voldemort be his real father, could Harry have been placed somewhere safe as a baby, could Harry be the rightful heir to something?

All will be revealed..............or not!

Either way, I wish I was five bob behind JK Rowling.
I wouldn't be totting up all the receipts for the Christmas presents and thinking AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH, that's for sure!:bawling:

BigSister
23-12-2004, 03:40 PM
His mother was a muggle ROB im not sure about his father

BusyBee
24-12-2004, 08:32 AM
I think his father James was a pure blood. Cant wait to read the next instalment. I think Santa may be buying me the boxed set of the three films so far for Christmas!!!

BigSister
24-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Neither can I BB yeah I think his father was a pureblood too

BusyBee
01-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Suffering from an ear infection post Christmas I was feeling sorry for myself so sat down and had a Harry Potter film festival all of my own. I cant wait for the next film to come out now. Anyone any idea when this is likely to be.

Amy
01-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Hopefully summer time this year BusyBee although one Harry Potter sight has it for November 2005!

BigSister
01-01-2005, 04:06 PM
I think around that time too Amy