PDA

View Full Version : How far would you go to get what you want?

Sod_James
03-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Im just curious how far some of you would go to get something you really wanted.

I was at work the other day and im currently training to be a supervisor at work. I cant become a full time supervisor until one of the supervisors leaves.

A lot of ppl at my work are pretty ruthless when it comes to getting things they want so i kinda have to do the same thing.

So i was standing at the top of the stairway with this really mean manager having a chat and she was yapping away. and i just randomly thought to myself 'If you fell down these stairs i could have your job' lol i didn’t think it harshly more comically.

I would never hurt someone to get in front. some ppl might though. i have like stirred up trouble before to get in front but never really seriously.

So what would you do. or how far would you go to get something you really wanted? Or have u acutally done somthing bad to get in front?

Ross
03-12-2008, 01:42 PM
I just slept with my manager.

Sod_James
03-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Ross
I just slept with my manager.

LOL yeh i thought about that but na i could never bring myself to do that.........that would just be weird.

Sarah.
03-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Pretty much anything... lmao.

30stone
03-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Do pretty much anything, though more likely to work harder and put in more hours to get someones job than push them down a stair case.
Id be happy do get someone fired if it made me look better and could possibly help me getting further in a career.

Thinking outside the box i dont think id have the bottle to do somthing like push someone down some stairs as id worry about who would find out. Happily Threaten People though.

Sod_James
03-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Thinking outside the box i dont think id have the bottle to do somthing like push someone down some stairs as id worry about who would find out. Happily Threaten People though. [/quote]

Na same here. i would worry more about who would find out. i mean shes screwed me other in the past lol. But still i would feel pretty bad if she was seriously hurt.

LOL some of you sound pretty harsh. i thought i was bad thinking about pushing her down the stairs lol.

Mrluvaluva
03-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by 30stone

Id be happy do get someone fired if it made me look better and could possibly help me getting further in a career.

Would you be happy to frame another member of staff for something they had not done?

pinkmichk
03-12-2008, 01:55 PM
i dont think i would go very far if any at all cos not that type of person i am a believer that things happen for a reason so if something like career advancement etc came my way then it was obviously meant to be

30stone
03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Sod_James
Thinking outside the box i dont think id have the bottle to do somthing like push someone down some stairs as id worry about who would find out. Happily Threaten People though.

Na same here. i would worry more about who would find out. i mean shes screwed me other in the past lol. But still i would feel pretty bad if she was seriously hurt.

LOL some of you sound pretty harsh. i thought i was bad thinking about pushing her down the stairs lol. [/quote]

lol yeh see i wouldnt mind that shes injured if she was ok within months just means id get her job its the someone seeing it and me ending up in jail id be worrying about lol.

NettoSuperstar!
03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Im a great believer in you reap what you sow!

Mrluvaluva
03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by NettoSuperstar!

That's karma. :wink:

Sod_James
03-12-2008, 01:58 PM

LOL some of you sound pretty harsh. i thought i was bad thinking about pushing her down the stairs lol.

lol yeh see i wouldnt mind that shes injured if she was ok within months just means id get her job its the someone seeing it and me ending up in jail id be worrying about lol. [/quote]

Lol yeh as long as she was alrite in the next few months id feel better about it. but if she lost the ability to walk id feel pretty bad.

But id get over it in a couple of days. once i took over her job lol

pinkmichk
03-12-2008, 01:59 PM
yep i believe in karma as well

NettoSuperstar!
Originally posted by Mrluvaluva

That's karma. :wink:

yeh man:bigsmile:

30stone

Would you be happy to frame another member of staff for something they had not done?

It would depend on how i would benefit from it, if it got me a management position because me and someone else were going for the same job and they got fired, id be happy to be to one to get them fired. And yeh it sounds really harsh but i want to have extra money to save for like having a family or buying a house. and to help my mum out (=

30stone
03-12-2008, 02:00 PM

lol yeh see i wouldnt mind that shes injured if she was ok within months just means id get her job its the someone seeing it and me ending up in jail id be worrying about lol.

Lol yeh as long as she was alrite in the next few months id feel better about it. but if she lost the ability to walk id feel pretty bad.

But id get over it in a couple of days. once i took over her job lol [/quote]

yeh lol sitting there what have i done she cant walk for the rest of her life... *opens wages envelope* ohhh she'll be alrite!

Mrluvaluva
03-12-2008, 02:02 PM

It would depend on how i would benefit from it, if it got me a management position because me and someone else were going for the same job and they got fired, id be happy to be to one to get them fired. And yeh it sounds really harsh but i want to have extra money to save for like having a family or buying a house. and to help my mum out (=

Personally I could not live with the guilt. I would rather obtain something by my own merits and not by disadvantaging someone else for personal gain.

NettoSuperstar!
03-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Here Here Mr L

pinkmichk
03-12-2008, 02:04 PM

Personally I could not live with the guilt. I would rather obtain something by my own merits and not by disadvantaging someone else for personal gain.

:hello: excellent post

Sod_James
03-12-2008, 02:04 PM

But id get over it in a couple of days. once i took over her job lol

yeh lol sitting there what have i done she cant walk for the rest of her life... *opens wages envelope* ohhh she'll be alrite! [/quote]

lol yeh that sounds about right. and the goverment will take care of her lol. Im sure she would get by just fine. at least she wont have to worry about walking to work no more.

30stone
03-12-2008, 02:05 PM

At some point in my life i want to buy my own house and my mum a new house so any way i can get the most money possible is good enough really.

NettoSuperstar!
03-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I really do hope these kids are havin a laugh:conf2:

Ross
03-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I'd never hurt someone to that extreme to get what I want.
Atleast if I do something sexual with my manager then I'm not hurting anyone, we both enjoyed it at the end of the day.

pinkmichk
03-12-2008, 02:07 PM

At some point in my life i want to buy my own house and my mum a new house so any way i can get the most money possible is good enough really.

whats wrong with honestly working your way up? surely you would get more satisfaction knowing that you had earnt it

30stone
03-12-2008, 02:08 PM
I really do hope these kids are havin a laugh:conf2:

Well i was continuing my first post of thinking outside the box, in reality, to get further and being honest id probably only try and work harder and work longer and put best effort into my work, framing someone really i wouldnt do lol, but if someone had done somthing wrong i would tell my manager or whatever

30stone
03-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by pinkmichk

whats wrong with honestly working your way up? surely you would get more satisfaction knowing that you had earnt it

lol was just writing that in the other post being honest and talking sence again lol, i would be trying to earn it and most likely wouldnt do any of this it would take an extreme circumstance for me to do somthing that heartless..

Sod_James
03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
whats wrong with honestly working your way up? surely you would get more satisfaction knowing that you had earnt it [/quote]

Theres nothing wrong with it. but iv learned in the past few years that nice people finish no where.

iv tried all that working hard and honesty. and honestly lol, it gets you no where.

Mrluvaluva
03-12-2008, 02:13 PM

We all want that but there is something self satisfying about making your own way in life and doing things off your own back. If you tread on people along the way for your own gain then you won't be a very happy person.

pinkmichk
03-12-2008, 02:14 PM

Theres nothing wrong with it. but iv learned in the past few years that nice people finish no where.

iv tried all that working hard and honesty. and honestly lol, it gets you no where. [/quote]

well it does though i worked in a shop started as a saturday girl end up as trainee manager of one of the other stores, also when i was a nursery nurse i started as bank staff and ended up as second in charge of the toddler room and both of those jobs were done purely by hard work

30stone
03-12-2008, 02:16 PM

iv tried all that working hard and honesty. and honestly lol, it gets you no where.

well it does though i worked in a shop started as a saturday girl end up as trainee manager of one of the other stores, also when i was a nursery nurse i started as bank staff and ended up as second in charge of the toddler room and both of those jobs were done purely by hard work [/quote]

I agree with that, if you are willing to work harder than other people who are like lazy or dont care. And put in extra hours and that it will get you some where just from having the enthusiasm

Sod_James
03-12-2008, 02:17 PM

well it does though i worked in a shop started as a saturday girl end up as trainee manager of one of the other stores, also when i was a nursery nurse i started as bank staff and ended up as second in charge of the toddler room and both of those jobs were done purely by hard work [/quote]

Fair enough. well it worked out for you. but iv been in my job for 2 years now. and only now am i starting to get somwhere. not because i worked hard but because i was the only one who applied for the supervisory role.

30stone
03-12-2008, 02:23 PM
This post mad eme late for the gym.. lol

pinkmichk
03-12-2008, 02:26 PM

well it does though i worked in a shop started as a saturday girl end up as trainee manager of one of the other stores, also when i was a nursery nurse i started as bank staff and ended up as second in charge of the toddler room and both of those jobs were done purely by hard work

Fair enough. well it worked out for you. but iv been in my job for 2 years now. and only now am i starting to get somwhere. not because i worked hard but because i was the only one who applied for the supervisory role. [/quote]

it took me about 2 years in the shop job to work way up and a year in the nursery

Sod_James
03-12-2008, 02:32 PM

Fair enough. well it worked out for you. but iv been in my job for 2 years now. and only now am i starting to get somwhere. not because i worked hard but because i was the only one who applied for the supervisory role.

it took me about 2 years in the shop job to work way up and a year in the nursery [/quote]

well 2 years is just to long with me. seeing as i started to job with a handful of managerial qualifications and started at the very bottom.

and all the women have to do where i work is batt their eyelids and there a supervisor. so i was like sod it.

and this other girl who was a school leaver started working there....went straight to a supervisor just because my manager was friends with her mum. how is that fair.

Annie
03-12-2008, 04:51 PM
I have done things I regret to get something I wanted. For example. I really wanted this guy but he was in a relationship so I got my male mate to chat her up and then she got really flirty back etc so I showed the guy I liked all the texts and said she wasnt worth it so I could get with him.

Also out of spite for a girl - I went out my way to sleep with her boyfriend just cos I knew that would hurt her and she would regret what she did to me. So I got my own way on that (revenge)

I dont believe in knocking your friends for a promotion etc. A lot of my "friends" did that at work to get further up the promotional ladder and they lost their friends. I wouldnt do anything to get a job. Careers aint that important to me so I certainly wouldnt push someone down the stairs for one.

Scarlett.
The furthest I would go to get what I want is possibly....bribe someone xD or get in their good books, best way to climb the ladder in life

*mazedsalv**
Omg thinking about it, I probably would not go far at all.

Edit- However, i didnt want to go to school one day 2 years ago, so I attempted to injure myself anyway possible to stay home, one of them was tripping on the stairs so i couldnt walk properly, I tried it, I didnt get hurt and still had to go to school the next day. What a twat I was being, trying to injure myself for a day off school.... pathetic lol

Tom4784
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Spike...just no, that's WAY too far. It's sickening.

As for me I generally get what I want so I don't need to do anything. I'm spoilt.

Callum
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Why have loads of posts in here been deleted?

MarkWaldorf
03-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Callum

Why do you think? lol Admin will NOT want anything like that put on a forum. I'm surprised it was kept as long as it wa tbh.

Annie

I thought that too

Sod_James

I just thought that.

xDramatick
03-12-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm pretty ruthless.
If I want something, I'd go as far as I could to get it.
Don't get me wrong, I have limits.

Off the top of my head, I've split a couple up because I fancied the guy [they were a bad couple anyway, on the verge of splitting, i just helped it along]. I used to get people in trouble at school to prevent the whole class having to stay behind because I've wanted to go home.

That I can think of; the furthest I'd go is sleep with someone [either instead of payment considering I never have money, desperately seeking a job, or a mate's boyfriend]. I never really do it because I'm bored, I'd genuinally only do it if I had a reason. I wouldn't do it while with my boyfriend though, I'd never cheat on him.

Tom
03-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I'd do pretty much anything. Its rare I don't get my own way anyway :joker:

I can be quite evil when I want to be ...

And I'd definitely sleep with the boss for a better job, I'd probably do it anyway even if there was nothing in it for me :lovedup:

Sam!
03-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Tom

And I'd definitely sleep with the boss for a better job, I'd probably do it anyway even if there was nothing in it for me :lovedup:

Murder or Rape?

Jen
03-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Ross
I'd never hurt someone to that extreme to get what I want.
Atleast if I do something sexual with my manager then I'm not hurting anyone, we both enjoyed it at the end of the day.

You're hired...

:lovedup:

Tom
03-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Scampi
Originally posted by Tom

Murder or Rape?

I wouldn't get anything worthwhile out of them.

Lewis.
03-12-2008, 07:09 PM
I do not know how far i would go? I think, That if it involved my loved ones, I could Murder, But i would rather not have that on my consience. I Would do anything for my family though! But i do not think i could Ever Rape, It is Harsh, And i would rather Die than do such a horrible thing!

NettoSuperstar!
04-12-2008, 12:00 PM

it took me about 2 years in the shop job to work way up and a year in the nursery

well 2 years is just to long with me. seeing as i started to job with a handful of managerial qualifications and started at the very bottom.

and all the women have to do where i work is batt their eyelids and there a supervisor. so i was like sod it.

and this other girl who was a school leaver started working there....went straight to a supervisor just because my manager was friends with her mum. how is that fair. [/quote]

Maybe you should try batting your eyelids a bit!

NettoSuperstar!
04-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Dezzy
Spike...just no, that's WAY too far. It's sickening.

As for me I generally get what I want so I don't need to do anything. I'm spoilt.

Yeh OMG eh! I see its been deleted, I couldnt believe it. someone needs to get him in a hospital to be assesssed!

NettoSuperstar!
04-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Originally posted by Tom

Murder or Rape?

Oh and thats the only reason??

Tom
04-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Originally posted by Tom

Murder or Rape?

Oh and thats the only reason??

Nope, but because Sam asked me whether I'd do anything that was my response :thumbs:

NettoSuperstar!
04-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Thank god for that